[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black inventors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 2355097_orig.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
2355097_orig.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
http://blackinventor.com

Is this list accurate /his/ or is it 'wewuzzing'? Normally I wouldn't be so dubious on this type of subject but thanks to the rise of afrocentrism and /pol/ I've been doubtful on these types of things.
>>
>>3016567
friendly reminder that most those blacks were biracial and educated as white people. they're not culturally black nor were they accepted by their own people
>>
>>3016690
>Culturally black
What does that mean? Africa is a massive and diverse continent without a singular identity. Even in the US, there are different black and ethnic groups.
>>
>>3016690
Id like a sauce or at least examples
>>
File: Capture.jpg (63KB, 1254x320px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
63KB, 1254x320px
They should move some of these guys down the list.
>>
>>3016984
it really isnt. the entirety of sub Saharan Africa's culture consisted of blasphemy and crime. On top of that 'culture' is just a sliding scale of impiety
>>
>>3017101
Alright kid, come back when you want to have an actual conversation on African culture and black identity.
>>
>>3016567
It's true I learned I in grade school during the early 90s.
>>
>>3016567

90% are just the first American to patent an idea (the classic example being peanut butter, invented by a white Canadian, patented and popularized in the US by Carver). The rest are mostly small but valid improvements to already existing technology. Blacks have a dismal record of contributions to science and technology, but they excel in other areas such as sports and art.
>>
>>3017114
Americanized Blacks really only share one culture,so when they come to the US, they either float or sink.
>>
>>3016567
they literally coudnt find more than 50 people
>>
>>3018343
>>3018650
Wow way to try to downplay any contributions made by anyone who isn't white. Your bias is showing pretty hard.You guys are being pretty obtuse and I don't think doing the first open heart surgery is minor btw, even it was patented in Europe or something first.
Besides Carver also patented peanuts being made into other products too.
>>
>>3018650
blacks werent even allowed to attend school for most of their history in the usa, I thin k its amazing there are as many as there are.

Imagine all the shit they went through just to get the little recognition they did get. Shit, its decades later in a time when prejudice is supposed to be a thing of the past and theres still motherfuckers hating on them. people are just sad.
>>
>>3016567
It is we wuzzing but it's the good, socially productive form of we wuzzing.

-t. Southern Liberal.
>>
>>3016567
Myths.

https://www.toqonline.com/blog/black-invention-myths/
>>
>>3018343
https://www.biography.com/people/george-carruthers-538794

This guy is far from a small improvement

You are forcing your narrative
>>
>>3016567
watch the american dad episode about peanut butter trust me
>>
>>3019775
No you idiot. Most reputable sources and not meme ones from /pol/ will say otherwise.
>>
>>3016690
So was Obama, is he not black now by your own mental gymnastics?
>>
File: advanced stupid.jpg (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
advanced stupid.jpg
91KB, 400x400px
>>3019847
>anyone who's not tumblr is /pol/
>>
>>3016690
Black Americans are 25% White. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>3019129
>>3019152
you sound like an intelligent rational person capable of discussing complex social issues. So heres my question to you have you seen the documentary hidden colors, and if so what parts of it do you find too outrageous to believe. And if not would you watch it, so we can have a discussion.
>>
Why is it, that everytime someone mentions black invetions, the first thing that they go for is peanut butter? According to the list there are some much more note-worthy accomplishments. Is this some kind of American thing (peanut butter isn't that popular where I come from), or is this some weird form of crypto-reverse-racism 15D chess?
>>
>>3019957
Because it's so popularly taught in schools. You tell a 6 year old that George Carver came up with a peanut oil lubricant (which is true), they won't give a shit. Tell that same kid he invented a yummy food (which is false), and all the sudden they love him.
>>
>>3019966
I mean American schools progress beyond 1st grade right? You can teach a 6 yo, that Edison invented the light bulb and later teach Maxwell's equations. I understand where you're coming from, it just seems like people are making fun of blacks (and blacks unironically taking pride in it). Also, extracting oil from a fairly oily nut isn't really that impressive.
>>
>>3016567
Ah yes the rare smart negro back in preslavery Africa these blacks would be bullied and even killed for acting so different from normal ones. Sure the negro invented something that could help his people but they are just too fucking stupid to make use of it at all. It must be hell on earth for an inventive negro in this world.
>>
>>3016690
>biracial
nor were they 100% nigger by race
>>
>>3019922
I'm not both those anon's you replied to you know.
I heard of it though didn't watch it all. the part about Moors seems accurate enough assuming there were black ones too, which there were. Everything else is extremely hard to prove, even assuming there were at least a few Africans who continued to migrate out of subsaharan Africa after the Nubian empire fell, as we will never know the truth for real. I'm sure while 99% of blacks probably stayed(sahara desert is a bitch to cross and explains why black Africans were so isolated for a lot if history) that doesn't mean 0 left. It also doesn't mean,the must have been 0 presence anywhere where else.
I have a question for you though, if you don't give a shit about blacks and aren't threatened by them, why make threads like this everyday or take the time to shit on them everyday? I don't know the true intenisons of people like you but it seems quite crazy to devote so much time towards such pursuits if you truly are not insecure about your race and way more importantly, yourself. As well as not pissing some agenda.
>>
>>3020016
I remember learning about the peanut scientist in grade school, and we had like a whole chapter on him. And as a kid I was like wow this guy must be really important, as an adult I realized that the only reason we spent so long on him was because the blacks would complain if there were no blacks in the history books. Theres a good copy paste about a liberal teacher who goes into inner city Chicago to teach blacks, and she starts off super liberal and touching on how its not their fault theyre uneducated and how she is going to make a difference. By the end of the copy paste she is super redpilled and even racist to some extent. One of the things that is explicitly mentioned is how every black inventor, explorer, ruler ect is hyped up to an extent well beyond what they actually accomplished in the real world. I think a unit of study was during the course on how the west was settled they had a whole fucking chapter about a black cowboy, who was a fucking cook. This man literally put beans in a pot and boiled them but from what was written about him you would think he singlehandedly settled the west. And i think this is an attempt to 1. keep the black students interested 2. as a book publisher to get more units sold (see we made a whole chapter about blacks!) 3. white guilt! 4. and liberal smugness
>>
>>3020367
I dont make threads like this everyday, and I dont not give a shit about blacks. I spent five minutes on my day off laughing at this thread then wanted to see how far down the WE WUZZING rabbit hole you went.
>>
>>3016690
This is nonsense. There are lots of biracial people who are accepted by black people.
>>
>>3020382
but the thread is accurate though. there were some black inventors in America who made useful shit. Get over it.
>>
>>3016690
Yup so lets take credit for them as well
>>
working out various uses for peanuts is really not very remarkable an achievement for historical record

and he didn't even come up with peanut butter
>>
>>3016690
So basically you are saying that racemixed mongrels are capable of inventing and getting ahead? Doesn't this sort of fly in the face of your 'i gots to stay pure to save civilization' thing you got going on?
>>
>>3021917
No. Anything mixed with white genes is an improvement.
>>
>>3022068
So basically everybody needs to start fucking everybody else until the concept of race is gone?
>>
>>3019791
>Scientist George Carruthers created inventions, such as the ultraviolet camera, or spectograph, which was used by NASA in the 1972 Apollo 16 flight, revealing the mysteries of space and the Earth's atmosphere.

Wow this nigger invented ultraviolet photography a mere ~70 years after it had been invented! What a towering genius!
>>
>>3019791
>creating inventions
>"spectograph"
>"Scientist" when he was just an engineer

Great source you have there, faggot.
>>
>>3022108
So are you trying to refute that he invented something or his credentials? Honestly I wouldn't give a shit if someone who cured cancer was a pig farmer, I would gleefully call them a doctor.
>>
>>3022152

I'm pointing out that your source is garbage. Also, he didn't invent the ultraviolet camera, those have existed since 1900 at least.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.