[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw carthage lost >mfw we would be colonizing other galaxies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1432847736231.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1432847736231.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>tfw carthage lost
>mfw we would be colonizing other galaxies if it were not for the roman dark ages
JUST
>>
Vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSticX_UYDU
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
now hol' up

so you saying we'd be spacemen n shit now if we was not just kings but emperors too back then
>>
Why are latter day Italians so irrelevant compared to their Roman antecedents?
>>
>>3015421
As with everything, Germans are to blame
>>
>tfw when Romans ruined a possible future defined by the all powerful Estruscan-Carthaginian alliance.

How do I leave this timeline?
>>
>>3015421
Modern Italians have too much G*rmanic admixture.
>>
>>3015582
>implying

the punic wars would have simply swapped rome with the estruscans, that fight was inevitable for control of the sea, only carthage probably would have won because the estruscans could not have survived hannibal since they had issues actually helping each other and were very decentralized, but hannibal as we know him wouldnt exist without romans...idk this is all fucking impossible to contemplate fuck you guys.
>>
>>3015619
THIS
>>
>>3015681
The Etruscans had already failed and were already cucked tod eath byt he Romans by the time the Punica wars had happened
>>
>>3015694
The Etruscan wars had just ended a few decades before the Punic wars, and even then the Estruscan language and culture were still around until the first Century AD.
>>
>>3015421
>another retard that forgot about the rennaisance
>>
>>3015694
they didnt exist during the punic wars but thats not my point, the point is without Rome they probably would have lasted longer and faced off against carthage, though with such flawed military organization they were bound to be conquered eventually, probably by gauls
>>
>>3015681
The Estruscans and Carthaginians were pretty tight allies before Rome ruined everything. Rome and Carthage were even allies for a long time.

I was just trying to imagine a timeline with the Estruscans and Carthaginians banding together and creating a few Europe. Sue me.
>>
>>3015694
they didnt exist during the punic wars but thats not my point, the point is without Rome they probably would have lasted longer and faced off against carthage, though with such flawed military organization they were bound to be conquered eventually, probably by gauls
>>
>>3015720
The Etruscans were still around by the Punic War, they were just under Rome's control.
>>
>>3015426
>>3015619
>>3015690
>we wuz caesars n' shit till them germans showed up ooga booga
At least accept a little bit of the responsibility Luigi, blaming Hans for all your problems won't solve anything.
>>
>>3015794
I doubt any of these people are even Italian. Germans are basically 'successful' gypos.
>>
>>3015712

don't you mean the Samnite wars?
>>
>>3016170
Nope.

"Vulciwas strong enough to further resist untilTiberius Coruncaniustriumphed over them in 280 BC (the Punic wars began in 264 bc)

Rome was the eventual victor in the wars. The Etruscans were assimilated into Roman culture and Rome became one of the Mediterranean superpowers amongst the Greeks and the Carthaginians, though it should be noted that theEtruscan language survived for another 300 years."
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.