[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with this picture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: where are the true thinkers.jpg (330KB, 455x550px) Image search: [Google]
where are the true thinkers.jpg
330KB, 455x550px
I had three ideas this evening for brilliant discussions but for each and every one, there were absolutely no boards where my ideas fit nor was there any interest or responses other that a few who were grandstanding.

My point is this. Philosophers. Humanities fans. Nobody is seeking to learn, in my opinion...just to advocate a particular idea or serve some other agenda or psychological need in their posts. People want a show...usually a shit show. And, most importantly, I'm not upset and only want to ask this. What does this imply about where we're at as a species? What does it imply about this site if anything? Is there really such a thing as an open forum for real critical and original thinking with zero to minimum sophmoricism..term coined...but is there? I seriously doubt it. And where are the truly great thinkers of our time? I don't mean Elon Musk or any of that type. I mean the philosophers and critical thinkers who think new thoughts and advance the ball for humanity in our time? Or is that not going to be a thing anymore? Ever.
>>
>>3014090
Calm down alot people enjoy learning and change positions based on new information. The issue is that loud annoying people are much better at provoking a response. Also, smarter threads can be more intimidating because most rightfully feel like they have little to contribute. And honestly i dont the proportion of thinkers in the world is less now than before considering all the free time people have.
>>
>>3014090
There is a question of how do you create an open forum which promotes interesting and thoughtful conversation. The major issue that most forums face is the methods through which discussions are brought to the front page. They all tend to favor echo chanmbers or obvious provocation. Moderation is dificult because it is easy to from no moderation at all to killing whole conversation topics.
>>
Of course this thread will have zero views since I chose not to deliver the hook in 132 characters or less. I just randomly dropped it from 160 on behalf of mankind as a symbolic homage to the trajectory of mankind as a species. My focus is on truth and not about having some kind of social support group for one particular flavor of ism we all want to revisit again and again. Don't worry about it anons. Just laugh it off and proceed as you were. I'm just some crazy guy and you won't ever find yourself reflecting back on any of the several indictments made in these two comments. I'm done here. You're on your own.
>>
>>3014104
So, the problem is how to encourage more thought out and intelligent converations. It is an interesting question and im not quite sure how to go about making it.
>>
>>3014106
I feel sad cause i thought you werent trolling and qe could have interesting conversation about conversation structures. But alas.
>>
>>3014098
Having already stating I'm done I'll make this concise. I don't think there's a person alive...maybe...who could write the book in this generation. The great book with ideas so new and, once contemplated, so evident perhaps that it's confounding how nobody ever thought it before. Ever. At least that was ever recorded. That's what advanced humanity. We don't do that anymore.

We endlessly debate this angle versus that angle. So common to be a cliche that the thread is loaded with the main goal that it brush across one part that will open the conversation to talking about jews, social justice warriors, race, boobs, whatever. It's not discussion of two positions. It's a contest to cleverly design threads as platforms to instead discuss something that someone thinks would be funny...that will trigger some...but ultimately will just get them a little attention in the form of some random people posting other self serving and largely disingenuous musings of their own. Not devoid of any accuracy....but not primarily concerned with it...instead stroking that person's ego or keeping themselves company...or attention.

The very fact that what I'm saying is, I suspect, so radically unfamiliar here...well....it's proof of concept for what I'm saying.

But that's just how I think. I have no plans at this time to write any book.

And now whomever is invited to suggest that op is just seeking to act like he's the smartest man in the world and, therefore, worse than any and all of us who he so...very...unfairly....criticized. Possibly even deserving of a clever punchline..maybe even in the form of a meme.

If I wrote a book it would only expedite the day that the AI race to come will understand what humanity means better than we and the reigns of power are passed to the dominant species on the planet...as it always has. And I guess I couldn't deliver again in 160 characters or less and so broke my promise for only a quick retort to you.
>>
>>3014108
I am not trolling. Are we saying that if I challenged this thread with an actual, specific original thought...just to illustrate what I'm talking about...that I will see actual thinking as described by me above rather than posturing and spinning the topic to avoid the obvious and painful inferences that may come along?
>>
>>3014108
And if you are a genuine human being here by my standards you will not be offended by the following and, if you reply, it will not be some kind of bullshit gaming as comes so often here and I will see through...and call out to humiliate if you go that route for wasting everyone's time...or ignore you....because if you're just an attention seeker that's what you will inevitably do if you choose to post.

- Sad
- Feel
- Cause
- Trolling

Come on. We're thinkers more than feelers so raise the bar. Sad...give me a break.

"Cause"...Invest the effort of two extra letters to spell out the word I'm familiar with in the English language. It's not a typo contest but I'm not going dive into the deep pool of folly that is trying to do anything remotely resembling what our distant ancestors knew as...

Thinking..

And sharing it in this thread. And if you're an ass then to the extent I responded, you got me. But to the extent that I accurately described the reality of what your kind, if that's the case, represent and how you're like the crabs in the bucket...

...holding...everyone...else down....

....making sure nobody ever gets out of the bucket

...but you got your moment in the spotlight when you latched a claw into someone else's and made your big move.

It's a fake and evolutionary regressing phenomenon but...all the cool kids are doing it and I'm following all the cool trends...and I'm okay...right mommy?....Do I get a participation trophy. And you can now latch on to one element of those last couple lines to simplify my remarks down to your usual statements and ideas in thest threads...like I'm just making a statement about generation...whatever you're calling yourselves these days. It doesn't matter. That's all sheep grade thinking. There's no simple grouping you can put a true thinker into.
>>
>>3014127
Honestly its not worth really reaponding to you but ill give you a little.

You fall into a terrible misconception that many people do. History was not some sort of utopia where great thinkers constantly made new ideas and advancments. There are usually great distances between great ideas. Two of the greatest the decimal system and a alphabet are seperated by over a thousand years.
And yes many debates are agenda driven and goal oriented, but this isnt universal. There are people who honestly debate and seek knowledge as their goal.
The really is delusional babble or obvious trolling.
>>
So there you go. Several ideas of the type I referred to earlier. Ideas you will feel compelled to reject. Difficult to digest and accept as even being possible. Vexingly condemning in it's implications and frustratingly impossible to truly rebut. Maybe event to meaningfully reply to. But go ahead and try. And tell yourself you've seen ideas like these before and this is all OK. This isn't one of those "emperor wears no clothes" moments where all of us anons are here in this thread...not posting...just sitting there stripped bare by the truth and realizing the most graceful thing you can do is just realize the TRUTH...not respond with a damn word but if it's anything at all it's....thank you for letting us see the truth this rare occasion. Because unless you shock the hell out of me, anything you respond with will be...whether anyone else recognizes or not...only further reinforcing what I've said and making yourself look embarassingly foolish for picking this thread to be the idiot in. Just take it. And good night.
>>
>>3014152
Yes, my typing and wording is pretty awful. That is readily apparent. Beyond that Im not entirely sure what point you are trying to make. Either its a good troll which I do appreciate the effort. Or you being serious which is kinda scary because then you are either an intelligence much greater than mine or crazy.

I honestly want to respond but alas im too simple a man to do so properly.
>>
>>3014165
Again i commend the effort i will save this thread. If you are crazy im sorry for aggrevating you.
>>
>>3014160
I don't need honesty. Accuracy would be fine.

I stated clearly above that I'm in this for the humanities and I did not say this is a thread on history...although it has some pretty significant implications for our future history.

As I also said, clearly...above....part of the issue is that meaningful ideas and original thought often will not fit into any board.

You clearly failed to read my comments before responding and, for this reason, reinforced my points AND illustrated them with your actual words....as I also just predicted to be almost inevitable if any of you anons wanted to jump in with a reply at that point.

Your comment posted before the last one of mine because, no doubt, it didn't take much time for you to come up with the generic rebuttal attempt you made and...by doing so...only embarassed yourself. As a humanitarian, I suggest you just stop and have a cup of warm milk while you gaze at the little ocd whirly device you have on your finger because you're...well...at the level you need to self soothe your regression into reverse evolution.

Valid, damning indictments against a generation, an era, a site or all of mankind isn't trolling if it's the absolute truth. Even if the teller of the truth is in the ultimate minority. Trolling. Sheep talk. You can't simplify my points into a box that you can defeat with cliche bullshit that will one day be remembered as the bell bottom jeans or macarena of your generation...if mankind is around to remember it afterwards. And I say all these mean things beause I'm on your side and maybe one person will...to my surprise...fucking wake up.
>>
File: 171.jpg (28KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
28KB, 613x533px
don't stop OP
>>
>>3014184
How do i wake up?
>>
>>3014184
Well i do believe there is intelligence to be found in not dancing around issues. Ideas that can properly and fully expressed in 2 simple sentences shouldnt be expressed in endless flowery paragraphs dancing around the issue. And there are new ideas every day, just not new useful or true ideas
>>
>>3014176
I'm clearly not crazy and you throwing that in at the ind, from a purely psylogical perspective, is an inadvertent reveal from you that you're insecure in your point. That you can't make whatever counterpoint you wish based on fact and have to resort to a ridiculous and...not at all clever or humorous....charade of you being in any way genuine in the sentiment "in case you may be crazy." It's evident that I am at the far other end of the spectrum. Whether you can grasp the nature of your behavior is irrelevant.

If you comprehend "the effort"..good for you, but I suspect you only see one element of it. I have dropped several very specific ideas worthy of debate and discussion in some of my comments. None of you are detecting them or replying, rebutting...suggesting that you actually did comprehend. Nothing.

You only know that I'm ripping the ass of a generation and perhaps our entire species for getting weak, lazy and dependent. Incapable of meaningful thought. Meaningful thought...at the level I'm talking about and as also clearly stated above...are the NEW IDEAS. The ones nobody ever had before.

I think therefore I am. That stuff. We ride on the shoulders of giants and we're losing all they achieved. You truly only see, at best, one small slice of what I'm getting at but for me to attempt to move a discussion beyond that into something attempting a real forum of critical thinking would be an absolute farce.
>>
>>3014207
No, i said it because if you are crazy i would feel bad about this. But you cant be crazy. This is a good ruse. Yoj manage to write so much without getting any ideas accross. Even a crazy person would make some points.
>>
>>3014194
Open your eyes. Change your priority from "being accepted", "being trendy" and really searching out for what the actual truth is.

Here's an example. Why is it that...in a HUMANITIES forum...with history too but apparently philosophy is so dead that people don't recognize that it's the basis and the root of the humanities...and human thinking..and civilization.

Push yourself and seek. I will give you one specific example since philosophy has been dead a long time and was replaced by self help...here is a tip that will take you one step. You have to do the rest.

If you're studying philosophy, don't do it looking for the philosopher who you most agree with and become his desciple. Do what I did.

Examine every individual thought on their own merit. Consider the possibility of having an idea nobody ever had or a significant thought that wasn't googled or looked up on wikipedia because it's an original thought you just had.

And then you will be a troll. Not really, but maybe you either do or will get the irony intended in that line.

And I type this comment fully aware that there's probably an 85% likelihood that you're not actually serious and hoping to perpetuate the travesty I mentioned earlier that would come along with any serious debate. And it's not just this board..or this site. It's almost everywhere.

And maybe I'm done' I hope maybe at least one of you got some small measure of solace in the thought that you controlled me into making one more comment after saying I'm done. But you're wrong. And I'm doing this for you...not to you...knowing it's unlikely anyone will appreciate the distinction.

Good night and good luck.
>>
>>3014217
The fact that you would say I wrote so much with getting any ideas across only illustrates how many ideas I did express that were profoundly worthy of debate and you saw none of them.

I have no need, pride or other, to go back and spoonfeed more of them to "prove I'm not a troll" or whatever. Ruse? Typical default and I don't blame you because it's all around you. But not this time. But, in general, look to your left and to your right and you will see fake people everywhere. Increasingly blind to the nature of their own existence.

But there is bliss in ignorance or so they say.

And a dog never spends one second thinking about the fact that someday it will die.
>>
>>3014234
You do have some kind of mental illness, you know this right?

And could you clearly state an idea you have had that is worthy of discussion?

BTW gay self help books ARE philosophy.
>>
File: 1498641819911.jpg (57KB, 960x788px) Image search: [Google]
1498641819911.jpg
57KB, 960x788px
I think OP has royal blood
>>
What is it about schizo prose where you can just TELL something is ever so slightly off? It's always this same weird circuitous style but I can't quite put my finger on it exactl
>>
>>3014198
I believe there may be kernels of corn found in a turd but I'm not going to use that logic to go picking around, desperate to find a morsel.

And I don't care to tee up my points in simple little packages like a fucking tee ball game. Hell, that's part of my point and illustrative of how intellectually lazy people in general are today.

[break here]

IDEA: Humans of today are intellectually lazy. Especially relative to the standards of past thinkers. We have advances in technology not not philosophy. Philosophy, he says....

IDEA: If humans advance technology and let philosophy...the type of thought that...at least for now is most indicative of what it is to be human....what is the most disturbing implication of this? Is it arrogant and naive for humans to laugh at the idea of being someday...maybe sooner than they think...be replaced by an AI species as the dominant race on earth? DISCUSS

IDEA: People are fake. Discuss

IDEA: Many people in this era have to break things down into oversimplifications, tropes and bite size pieces they can grasp. Anything more they ignore, mock or otherwise are incapable of benefitting from. Arrogant and spoiled little babies who must be spoonfed but....even then...they don't appreciate it. DISCUSS

There are several ideas I mentioned and were either elaborated upon or implied..by me...over the course of this thread.

And there are many more. What the fuck happened to you mankind?
>>
>>3014269
I've had posts similar in style to OP when I'm on here high
>>
>>3014269
See the next comment and either feel a little foolish or pick any of those points to give a thought on. Any of them or worthy. Shizzo prose? So you're a disciple of the philosopher snoop dogg. Or snoop lion? Which is it this week and, most import, is he still cool?

The cyclical nature of this thread, if any, is the repletion of the following pattern. I make "meta-leval" observations which, within each of them, you will find many specific sub points exempletive of what I'm saying.....

IDEA: People would rather follow the teachings of a particular philosopher than to be their own ORIGINAL THINKER and ponder the merit of each thought..in each book...each thought thought by each great mind over the course of history...and refuse to just kneel to the primacy of their ancient opinions. Don't be a follower. Be a leader if possible. At least, make your focus on the TRUTH rather than the CULT OF PERSONALITY in who you follow or whom you are a disciple of. DISCUSS...DISAGREE..MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT AGAINST THE NOTION THAT PEOPLE ARE CHRONICALLY FOCUSED ON THE CULT OF PERSONALITY...would rather be trendy than know the truth....Make your argument against that if you want.

But the cycle, to the extent there is one, is the repeated failure of anyone to actually pick up on any of these and either agree or make a salient case to the contrary...

Followed by a little ironic and greatly resisted spoonfeeding my me of specific points that...ARE NOT MY MAIN ARGUMENT...but they are exemplary of what is missing today...

And it's just sad. But I'm not fucking around with you guys. And I don't care if someone's just getting a kick again off that thing where you "made me type one more comment".

I'm not lazy and don't mind doing it. Also, clearly, the fact that I did so...in addition to not being fully recognized...or at all recognized..nobody said thanks...they bitched because I took too many words and can't wait for the day when emojis are replace English.
>>
>>3014308
>So you're a disciple of the philosopher snoop dogg
never change, OP
>>
>>3014281
Give an example of one of your most profound thoughts. Just one.

Also, calling bullshit on your weak ploy to marginalize and dismiss my points under the implication I'm high...or a ploy to make that the discussion.

I might save the tread for myself as a memento of the amazing irony and the extent to which every single reply by others exemplified what I was saying. And they were pissed about and refusing but...every time..their words were EXAMPLES of the various ideas I mentioned. A comedy of farce if that regards. And they kept on going.
>>
>>3014316
I can't promise that. I'm always changing. There are only two states. Growing and decaying.

But I'm just crazy right?
>>
>>3014318
the soul's existence hinges on whether the arbitrary rules of how universe are like a funnel or flat. the funnel: all physical effects,etc related to effects at a lower level down to the smallest point which contains the rules of that universe directly. larger organizations of particles have no rules on them, only apparent rules from the cascading effect of the small level rules at the singuarity. or where there is a soul: flat. higher organized particles have rules governing them as do their smaller level components. then it is possible for an actual (((something))) to form at the level of complexity and connectivity of say a human brain. not actual material, but like the ghoulish light eminated by a blackhole, hawking's radiation. the brain emits virtual particles which make up the qualia of experience. in other words your conciousness does not do anything, serve any purpose for the brain's function, or allow for free will, it is simply the raw feeling emitted from the machine that is your brain from observing and task-solving
>>
>>3014338
Attempt to establish dominance by tossing a word salad that is "seemingly" akin to Op's long, ranting posts. But wait. Op was making actual valid points and this clown is merely dumping some "smart sounding" terms into a longish post hoping that his peers will find it indistinguishable from Ops.

And, if they do, they'll be exposed along with you as blind and ridiculous.

Truth - 1
Tropes and bullshit - 0 (without potential for increase)

And the cows spend a lifetime believing the good old farmer is their best friend...until they get a bolt through their head. But they got some good hay along the way. To become a hamburger.

Yeah, there's no point to discuss. Pour some mint sauce in the bath. That's the condiment of choice for sheep.
>>
>>3014338
And, without telling you which one, I'm going to phycho-analyze your comment based on only one of the random words you happened to use,

And I do not trust you to be truthful so, deny if you must.

You liked "Year Million". Nice try.
>>
File: 1497733490948.jpg (109KB, 523x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497733490948.jpg
109KB, 523x586px
>>3014090
>And where are the truly great thinkers of our time?
hmm it's a mystery
>>
>>3014376
Not to me.
>>
>>3014378
the whole thread stinks of edgy underage in his dunning kruger bubble
>>
>>3014376
I wonder how much of a boost anon felt that his meme...something that someone else once thought was clever and anon copied /pasted.

You know, in case "hmm it's a mystery" wasn't enough for him to find sufficient to ironically crush me AND maybe even having the final word.

Pr a post-mortem post-script of a guy living a cliche....needing a meme to serve as his shitty hamburger helper thrown into the mix wit a very average comment of his contribution - 4 words...one of them "hmm"
>>
>>3014393
Well, thanks for your assessment of the anons remarks. You're not qualified to assess mine but you can say what they smell like to you if you want. But it's irrelevant.
>>
>>3014415
well reddit is the other way. maybe there you get some upvote for your fedora tipping pseudo intellectualism
>>
>>3014425
I've never posted to reddit a single time in my life but nice attempt at another trope to dismiss me. No, I'm not fucking with 4chan as a member of team reddit. My view, increasingly, is that they're both populated..along with the vast majority of humans today...on or off the internet.....with the same, massive lack of anything interesting...or important...or true.

Nobody's saying anything important on any of them. They're all fakes and assholes mostly interested in getting attention and crying "hooray for me." And they're probably pissed off that i brought their participation trophies into the mix because they still feel they fucking deserved those things...and they have no clue to the significance of the point in most cases.
>>
File: 1465499907409.jpg (145KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465499907409.jpg
145KB, 576x1024px
>>3014442
>My view, increasingly, is that they're both populated..along with the vast majority of humans today...on or off the internet.....with the same, massive lack of anything interesting...or important...or true.
>>
>>3014425
fedora? Oh, he's a hipster now. Now I's simplified it down into something...not accurate..but something small enough I can get my head around to insult.

But op's not a hipster and he knows it. Anon's probably just trying to keep op posting because anon is secretly hoping that op will post a picture of his penis before the thread ends.

Sorry anon. My penis is off the table. For you. See, on the table? That's an original way to frame it. That's my fucking thought. Off the table as in you're not sicking it. Off the table as it that it might be draped across the table for someone else if I so chose but that's not what I'm here for. Didn't have to throw in "hipster" or any other bullshit trendy trope groupthink bullshit to help me out. I don't need it. You couldn't pull off one simple post without borrowing from cliche, overused tropes that are indicative of small minds incapable of transcending them and not requiring them.
>>
>>3014446
And you won't turn the tables on my by falsely suggesting any of my remarks are a meme. Unless you guys make them into memes. Or the AI race that comes after you who can appreciate my thoughts better might make my lines into their version of memes which they send to each other at the speed of light when they want to be snarky as they look back and remember the great human race. I wonder if they'll have an equivalent of kek? It might be so meta if they did.
>>
Ok, now I am officially done with this thread.

To signify the end of my participation, I now turn the thread over to those who need to blow off some steam...polish off their participation trophies...and commiserate on the thought of just how fucking great they are and how wickidly funny, ironic and insightful they are. kek kek kek

You guys can count yourselves if you're having trouble getting to sleep after all this. And come back tomorrow for another day of clicking boxes every time you comment when a computer demands that you prove you're human. And remember that your motto isn't "DRAG EVERYONE DOWN TO MY LEVEL" when I hate looking in the mirror. Because it totally doesn't apply to you, right? And if it did you'd muster the energy and self-discipline to fix it, right?
>>
Josher bist das du?
>>
Here's another lesson. Life isn't fair and it's always possible someone could break the rules in any number of ways to give themselves the advantage. Especially when their motive is essentially incomprehensible. But that's not important right now.

Would you rather have the experience of feeling that you are basically on the right track in your life OR would you rather have the realization that you'd failed...understanding that this epiphany might be the one thing that could possibly spur you to actually change your course so you can truly win in life?

That's an interesting question to genuinely contemplate. The answers, individually and collectively, would have meaning. Nobody likes to be called out or showed up. We all fuck up in one way or another great or small BUT can re come back from it if and only if you make being right the priority over what is easy and feels good. You'll know that anyone hassling you for it here hasn't even gotten to the point yet where they move beyond ego and trying to grandstand and all that. Just dismiss it really. What's important is your progress and a healthy part of that process is being wrong and if someone acts as if they're never wrong you realize they're more likely never right...and you don't have the need to poke them about it with catty lines because your self image is fine without it.

Or I'm just trolling you with another one of those posts with a bunch of words. Probably as part of some covert experiment on conformity or something but it's not really.
>>
>>3014603
der op ist genau gleich behindert. der joschert auf ganz anderem niwo
>>
>>3014603
No and I don't know the person you're asking about. Identities aren't important. Ideas are.
>>
>>3014620
One of the reason the experiment's got a perfect score. To celebrate, here's a thought.

The fact that there is no grace in society today, the idea of saying "I was wrong" is more difficult. When people are fake and looking to elevate their value by lowering yours, it's a "nobody wins game" where there is nothing but posturing. Critical thinking.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.