[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1476.png (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1476.png
18KB, 400x400px
What went wrong?
>>
File: geo_europe_illustrated.gif (89KB, 781x553px) Image search: [Google]
geo_europe_illustrated.gif
89KB, 781x553px
>>3013653
>>
>>3013653
>>3013669
Fucked up. gg
>>
>>3013653
The scramble for Africa
>>
>>3013653
Yakub created the white man.
>>
>>3013653
Nothing went right for them in the first place
>>
>>3013669
the eternal Anglo?
>>
>>3013653
Niggers

Isolation and a relaxed climate
>>
>>3013653
>What went wrong?

Niggers
>>
You mean what went right? Africans are the most fertile group on the planet. The future belongs to them.
>>
>>3013653
Basically a raiding guild that is very far behind on progression.
>>
lotsa things

slavetrade, a new player, colonizers appeared and offered cash for slaves which were, sold to them by africans

lack of strong centralzed powers, an advanced and rich ally to the oppressed is a good recipe to dismantle the currently reigning local power

surely, a couple of adventurers who would get lost and die in a jungle couldnt establish colonies there
>>
>>3013653
Scramble for Africa and thinking a bunch of tribes who were used to their little world would adapt well to modern civilization instead of gradually introducing them to it and then letting them catch up by themselves.
Decolonization in the 40~50s and thinking tribes that were fighting each other not too long ago would shake hands and make a country.

Some select countries like Algeria, South Africa and Tunisia will probably manage to climb out of this hole in due time, but by the end of the 21st century the vast majority of the continent will still be like they are today, I imagine.

>>3014212
No it belongs to China, who is currently extracting all that richness for themselves.
>>
>>3013653
The sahara desert.
>>
>>3014247
Isn't Tunisia one of the average-shitty countries in the continent, rather than one of the total-shit ones?
>>
>>3013653
No memes. Is it actually as bad as you usually think it is? I've heard in here that the coastal regions are not much worst than North Africa or South America.
>>
>>3014247
>No it belongs to China, who is currently extracting all that richness for themselves.

Lol you are extremely over exageratting China's presence in Africa. Still slurping up that alarmist "China is scary" Faggottry?
>>
>>3014310
China isn't that scary, but you are retarded if you think they don't realize how many riches there are to be reaped in the third world when you aren't scared of looking a bit shady in the eyes of the world.
>>
>>3014247
>thinking a bunch of tribes who were used to their little world would adapt well to modern civilization instead of gradually introducing them to it and then letting them catch up by themselves.

You think colony powers would waste anything but the bare minimum on the colonies? They'd rather ditch them then take the mass burden. Hell France would ditch it's mostly useless overseas territories if it could (but that's illegal lol).

"Gradual catchup" is extremely prone to abuse because there's so many ways to dodge responsibility, set the colony to be Uber dependant on you or pull a Russia with its settler populace
>>
File: 1497420425693.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497420425693.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>3014321
Because WE ALREADY DO THAT and THEN SOME.
Are you really that ignorant.
>>
>>3014309
>he thinks "South America" is a homogenous place
>>
>>3014329
But not directly, like China is going to do.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start painting parts of Africa red in their maps in the future.
>>
>>3014335
It's pretty homogenous. All the countries in it have both shit-tier places and cities with high living standards.
>>
>>3014339
There's a much bigger difference in living standards between Bolivia and Argentina than there is between Argentina and France.
>>
>>3014339
>All the countries in it have both shit-tier places and cities with high living standards.
Wow good job faggot you just described every country on Earth minus the microstates.
>>
>>3014345
You are falling for a meme. Living standards in Bolivia had gone up a lot in the last few years, while living standards in the provinces of Argentina have come down.
>>
>>3014349
Well I have HDI on my side, you have nothing.
>>
>>3013653
The middle east as early as 1600bce when those empires wanted African gold.
The fame of said gold had even reached the Sumerian tablets.
Later on the Europeans took advantage of said established traderoutes which were then in possession of the Arabs, also ME's.
The European role in the slavetrade was that of buyers and they initially conquered land from the muslims, but obviously not before being tradingbuddies while the same muslims were selling eastern europeans into slavery.

Everybody wants Africa, but nobody wants the rest of the world, THAT's what happened to Africa.
>>
>>3014353
Yeah well, math can be deceiving when over 40% of a country is piled up in a single city.

There are some people living in literal African-famine conditions in places like Salta and Misiones.
>>
>>3014336
No, exactly directly, the masses don't know because it happens in far off places and it's bad PR.
>>
>>3014360
>a place where nobody lives is the best indicator of living standards
>>
>>3014356
>The Jewish role in the slavetrade
ftfy
>>
>>3014366
>nobody lives in the North
>nearly half the country
>>
>>3014370
>half the country lives in Salta
>>
>>3014379
The whole North of the country is shitty. Places like Chaco and Tucuman are even worst off.
>>
File: Argentina-HDI-by-Province-Map.png (324KB, 1126x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Argentina-HDI-by-Province-Map.png
324KB, 1126x1434px
>>3014383
I actually just checked since you're being autistic about it and apparently even the shithole parts of Argentina are still significantly better than anything in Bolivia.
>>
>>3014390
>minimal difference between center and north

Doesn't stack up to real life. Unless things like schooling years, and "gender" or emissions of carbon monoxide, which are obviously going to be lower in a place with a lot less cars and buildings is affecting the overall score.
>>
>>3014390
>>3014407
>Africa thread
>Argentina shitposting

Like pottery
>>
>>3014407
I don't see you presenting better metric yet. In fact I don't see you presenting a single fact.
>>
>>3013653
Full of niggers.
>>
>>3014412
Unironically this is the truth, I don't care what anyone says. Even other places were comparatively isolated, even other places were colonized and subjugated, even other places were in harsh climates, but Africa has been so shit primarily because of blacks. It's kind of comical to see people dance around it and mention every single possible issue but race.
>>
>>3014411
I can't teleport you to any actual city of the North by googling friendo.
>>
>>3014430
Or in other words, I have no reason for taking you seriously. For all I know you're probably just trolling.
>>
>>3014434
Stay secluded if you want. The point is that all of South America, even the richest countries, have both shit-tier places and pretty developed ones. The difference between Capital and Paris might be small, but the difference between Santiago Del Estero and Provence, or even between Jujuy and Buenos Aires, are pretty gigantic. Way bigger than between Salta and Cochabamba.
>>
>>3014443
>The point is that all of South America, even the richest countries, have both shit-tier places and pretty developed ones.
Literally every country on the planet has shit places and developed places.
>>
They went AFK in a real time civ game.
>>
>>3014247
Basically this. It's kind of hard to form a national culture when you have hundreds of different tribes/ethnicities speaking different languages and with very different polities and not much common interest, all within the same arbitrary boundaries.

Not just Algeria, South Africa, and Tunisia, but I'd keep an eye on Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire, Morocco, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania. It's in fits and starts, but they're seeing some real development.
>>
>>3014368
>>3014368
The Jews were participating in the same companies, they weren't operating independantly

Ftfy
>>
>>3013653
hot weather
>>
File: Dar-Es-Salaam - Tanzania.jpg (435KB, 1100x736px) Image search: [Google]
Dar-Es-Salaam - Tanzania.jpg
435KB, 1100x736px
>>3013653
Africa is actually pretty great these days. I was there for 3 weeks, went to Rwanda, Ethiopia and Tanzania.

It was richer than I thought, and less corrupt than I thought too.
>>
>>3014722
I know Ethiopia and Tanzania are alright but I tough Rwanda had gotten fucked over.
>>
>>3014722
>cricket field
They can't be that great, they play the wrong sports.
>>
>>3014736
>but I tough Rwanda had gotten fucked over.

It kind of has. But I was surprised at how calm and orderly the country was, given what happened there in the 90s.
>>
>>3014736
The genocide was like 2 decades ago, not unimportant but kind of a long time by African standards. Meanwhile, they're really been pulling their shit together, bending over backwards to make it easy for foreign investors to do business there, and focusing on stamping out corruption and maintaining government stability. It's kind of amazing how far they've come, even though they have a long fucking way to go.
>>
>>3014753
I got the impression that soccer was the most popular thing there tbqh. Saw kids playing it everywhere.
>>
File: Dar-es-Salaam,_Tanzania.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Dar-es-Salaam,_Tanzania.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>3014722
You disingenuous piece of shit. Dar Es Salaam is literally 70% shanty town, a fucking favela. I know because I've actually been there.

>>3014736
Tanzania is not alright, it's a total shithole.
>>
File: Downtown Kigali, Rwanda.jpg (141KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Downtown Kigali, Rwanda.jpg
141KB, 1280x853px
>>3014770
This is the impression I got too anon.
>>
>>3014775
>You disingenuous piece of shit.

lol, I never said it wasn't poor. Most of Africa is.

But I was surprised it wasn't as poor as the Western media constantly claims it is.
>>
>>3014789
It's exactly as poor as western media claims it is, in fact it's probably even poorer.

>never said it wasn't poor
>Africa is actually pretty great
I'm pretty certain "pretty great" and "poor" are mutual exclusives. Dar Es Salaam isn't great by any human standard, the place is literal hellhole.
>>
>>3013653
Africans
>>
>>3014278
This.
the 4.2 Ky event.
>>
>>3014418
Theres literally no comparable region in isolation and shittiness, except the Americas and Australia, both of which we'll never know the futures of.
>>
>>3014795
>m pretty certain "pretty great" and "poor" are mutual exclusives

Not really. I've been to some poor places and even if they were poor the other stuff made up for it desu
>>
>>3014321
China is building huge infastructure projects, massive housing projects for their workers, pretty much single handedly modernizing the continent at unprecedented speed.

Meanwhile Euros were in power for over 100 years and did nothing but rape, pillage, and slaughter.
>>
>>3017482
I've always wondered what's with the China panic? "oh shit a non-white entity is engaging with Africa? can't have that happening, Africa;s our playground"? It's jsut dso funn seeing news sites completely ignore Other nations within Africa doing investment or countries like turkey and The middle Eastern countries, other Asian nations or Brazil yet China is the cause for panic despite Chinese investment not even really being that exceptional and beaten out by other nations for top investor (s)
>>
>>3014722
>>3014789
>>3017429
There's quite a few places you could point to in Africa as counterexamples to the stereotype of Africa being an shithole, but Tanzania is not one of them.
>>
>>3014565
No Ghana? Their only real problem is with electricity
>>
>>3017482
>Meanwhile Euros were in power for over 100 years and did nothing but rape, pillage, and slaughter.

Who exactly do you think built the colonial infrastructure?
>>
>>3017578
I'm not panicking at all, I genuinely hope China annexes 100% of Africa so we don't have to be guilt tripped into sinking aid money into that hellhole.
>>
>>3014418
ok then, but why couldn't/can't they develop? what are the origins of the problem?
>>
>>3017909
that doesnt exist anymore. it was shortsighted shit looking to make a quick profit. Meanwhile china is looking long term, peaceful settlements. 100 years from now china will have raised african countries from dirt, and they will be their greatest allies. no need to exploit when great friendships ensure mutual benefits.
>>3017578
As someone who does worry over china;s involvement in africa, heres why. China has worldpower potential. Turkey, brazil, whatever else, doesnt.
China is also, heres the part that worries me, a communist nation. As they help these nations develop they will instinctively see how helpful a nation like china is, and how thye are able to help their own country, pay usa's debt, and then help them, making them interested in their government structure. If sub-saharan africa is a communist shithole in 100 years i wouldnt be surprised. We europeans had our chance to set the course right but we decided apartheid and claiming whites build Great Zimbabwe were more important.
>>
>>3017909
concession Companies with monopolies and later on the colony's tax base. There's a reason ruin on the very cheap is a thing in Africa.
>>
>>3014418
>I dont care what anyone says
Opinion Discarded
>>
>>3018257
>If sub-saharan africa is a communist shithole in 100 years i wouldnt be surprised.

That's kinda weird seeing how democracy on the continent is in much better state now then it was in the 20th century.
>>
>>3018273
maybe in south africa. I cant claim to be the pinnacle of knowledge on democratic status' in africa but they, even if better, are still shit and corrupt as fuck. Corrupt leaders would love to switch over to communism, id imagine, given the chance.
>>
>>3018283
And shit changes overtime and there's a active civil society that work towards better rule and accountability in many countries. Like I said before a lot of improvements in the politics in those countries and it helps that they are active in it and entities are being called out and dealt with

>Corrupt leaders would love to switch over to communism, id imagine, given the chance.

Why the hell would they at all?
>>
>>3018300
>having absolute control of money and where it goes
>ensured power without the hassle of having to fake an election
Why would they want a democratic nation that can vote for change over a stagnant communism that would put money in their pockets til they died.
Being corrupt in a democratic, free environment would lead to, as you already state, accountability and the removal of these leaders and policies.
But in a controlled environment where information to the public is government approved and pro-government it can be hard to spur change all together.
>>
>>3018349
Because in the past they didn't need fucking communism to do that. Do you know anything about what you are talking about?
>>
>>3018352
No one needs communism to be corrupt but having communism only helps hide the corruption behind closed doors to the public and make it harder to change policies in favor of the public.
I know they have done it before without communism but you are literally saying how the democratic platforms are bettering themselves in africa and are becoming mroe accountable, which means if you were a corrupt leader, looking at long term monetary gains, you would want to do it so that the public doesnt or cant meddle. Which would mean you would at least contemplate a communistic government if one were proposed.
>>
>>3018257
TIL trains, ports and bridges don't exist in Africa
>>
File: African_Railroads.jpg (88KB, 1168x615px) Image search: [Google]
African_Railroads.jpg
88KB, 1168x615px
>>3018399
>trains
wew
Ports were there long before colonialism
Ill give you bridges
but africa is comically lacking in their railroad tracks. Pic related. Its solid in south africa and thats about it.
>>
File: africa.png (96KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
africa.png
96KB, 600x643px
>>
>>3014208
>relaxed climate.
No climate in the world is more relaxed than the Mediterranean, and most of Europe is relatively warm and nice. Most of Africa has a notoriously harsh climate which fosters a deadly amount of biodiversity.
>Isolation
From what? The Sahara wasn't always there and could be circumvented via the Nile and the coasts.
>>
>>3018283
>I cant claim to be the pinnacle of knowledge on democratic status' in africa

Understatement of the fucking millennium
>>
File: tenor.gif (886KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
886KB, 498x498px
>>3018445
really made me think
>>
>>3013653
>What went wrong?
The European powers didn't run an extensive extermination campaign before colonizing.
>>
>>3018482
How could they possibly exterminate Africans when most couldn't even survive the local flora and fauna of Africa?
>>
>>3018488
keep sending Irish until they adapt
>>
>>3018488
I don't know but letting the blacks out of Africa was mankinds greatest mistake.
>>
>>3018561
>mankind
You mean the Portuguese and the Anglos specifically. Stop blaming the rest of us for evil deeds of those two shit nations.
>>
>>3013653
the Mediterranean Sea, the Sahara Desert, the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, deadly animals, and dense jungle
much of the continent was practically cut off from the rest of the world, so it was hard for innovation to flow in
>they should've invented stuff themselves
inventing new and useful things is a rare occurrence, and it's rare for the same thing to be invented twice
for example, gunpowder was invented in Asia circa 1000 AD but it took several centuries to make it to Europe, and after Europe had it, they eventually invented rifles, which took several centuries to make it back to Asia; cauterization of wounds was invented in the Middle East and took varying amounts of time to spread throughout Europe and the Near East and North Africa, and after modern dressing of wounds was invented, it took centuries to spread to other areas
meanwhile sub-Saharan Africa had some local kingdoms and built some cool shit, but with humanity's tendency to chaos, and a lack of innovation to help their help people or lead them elsewhere or distract them, and a lack of other nearby kingdoms and empires willing and able to pick up the pieces after a kingdom inevitably fell, you ended up with a few more stable and peaceful areas and lots of little tribes with varying degrees of hostility and nomadicness and contact with other people
it's similar to the situation with the Americas-- if we could've had the Mayans, the Aztecs, the Incas, the Mound Builders, the Puebloans, and others had existed around the same time and place, the Americas would've looked more like Europe, or at the very least more like the Middle East or North Africa
>>
>>3018561
What about "out of Africa". If blacks never left Africa we would all be black. And besides, the world needed their hardiness, diversity, and fertility.
>>
>>3014247
well the borders set up more or less arbitrarily by European powers are finally starting to be redrawn in more logical ways
I'm not ecstatic about balkanization as a whole, but in places where there's a lot of sectarian violence, it's an effective and efficient way to improve matters, and if it decreases bad blood enough, people can at least stop fighting each other and then later start talking about trade deals and immigration and tourism and maybe even cooperative self-defense
>>
>>3018578
>You mean the Portuguese and the Anglos specifically.

No a lot of other European power engaged in it.
>>
>>3013653
Between the Sahara and the Kalahari Deserts, the Tsetse Fly, that's it.
Fly sickened humans attempting to farm, livestock sickened and died.
Inability to productivity farm or raise livestock, the foundation of most societies/cultures, kept them in a hunter/gatherer state.
No farming, no advancement, stagnation, decline.
Sub-Saharan Africans, for the most part, live the same H/G lifestyle in Western Society, no planing, no advancement, no creation.
Just find, use, take, eat, sleep, sex, start again, use but never plan for the future, live in and for the moment.
Their basic lifestyle keep the population in check, as did disease, famine now, with aid from charities the population rises unchecked, no jobs, no food, they begin to move, Europe and the US with declining former majority populations, take the economic refugees, to their detriment.
The UN expects Africa to become the most populated Continent by the end of this century, they estimate 1 to 2 billion refugees will need to be resettled in the west.
Imagine that, your children and grandchildren will soon live in a nation that makes current Detroit seem like Paradise.
>>
>>3018666
Nice hand wringing.
>>
>>3014307
Cape Verde, Botswana (minus the HIV) and Gabon are all nice.
>>
>>3017855
Ghana even has their own cars.
>>
>>3018561
As a lover of 20th century music in the United States, England (during the 60s onward, but especially the late 80s and early 90s), and Jamaica, go fuck yourself with a rake.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_genres_of_the_African_diaspora

Even genres like country (which has strong European influences) wouldn't be the same without the blues and the banjo.
>>
File: abibiman nsoroma helicopter.jpg (115KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
abibiman nsoroma helicopter.jpg
115KB, 960x717px
>>3019551
Are those abibiman nsoroma and Kwadwo safo? Those guy are such a meme holy shit.
v=MLQ4RFMYdd4
>>
>>3019612
More proudly african war machines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaSDBKL5RI
>>
>>3019614
Some more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tehuRrKslR4
How Africans fall for smoke sellers every time baffle me.
>>
>>3014212
lol if you think fertile=power you have serious issues
>>
>>3017482
>>Euros were in power for over 100 years and did nothing but rape, pillage, and slaughter.
Bullshit, it depended a lot on which euro power, but some of them built schools for the natives, and established government services such as courts. Some of them did do nothing but pillage though
>>
>>3019623
They're desparate.
>>
>>3019614
>Dat Metal gear.
Seriously, they have internet and mobiles, why they fall for that shit.
>>
>>3019824
Well its gonna mean that when there are 4 billions Africans by 2100
>>
>>3013653

Niggers
>>
>>3013653
Nothing is wrong with blacks, its just we expect them to behave in a manner they werent evolved to act in. Look at the Sentinelese humans and notice they are still feral to this day despite being 70,000 years old meaning no amount of programs or anything you can do will ever make blacks act like us on average.
>>
>>3020293
Literally every African country save 3 have a lower birth rate than a decade ago, many by nearly half.
>>
>>3019978
Those schools were extremely limited and those government services either cooks not be used by blacks or blacks were put at an explicit disadvantage.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.