[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this such a taboo subject?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1475.png (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1475.png
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>3013622
its not. Its got interesting history, especially post-colonial
>>
>>3013622
>>
>>3013641
It's not.
>>
>>3013622
Because ignoramuses like to derail threads about it and when provided examples that are contrary to their narrative of the supposedly backwards continent they start sperging out.
>>
>>3013622
It's not. Its just generally espoused upon by people who really don't know what they're talking about.

Africa actually has some pretty interesting history.
>>
It isn't taboo, more like lots of people with "opinions" on it rather than facts like to talk about Africa.
>>
File: 6f48d45dc95f8e6f7263c8cd2f06a33e.jpg (106KB, 736x1064px) Image search: [Google]
6f48d45dc95f8e6f7263c8cd2f06a33e.jpg
106KB, 736x1064px
/his/ will not deny me of my khemet nubian heritage any longer.
>>
>>3013622
Because shitposters artistically refuse to allow there to be decent discussion of African topics. At best you can slip a modern Africa thread by, but pre-colonial African topics are impossible.
>>
>>3013728
*autistically
>>
>>3013728
You erratically can't say anything neutral or positive about Africans and you can't say anything negative or slightly less then neutral for Europeans in regards to anything Africa
>>
>>3013728
They wouldn't be impossible if Africans had actually developed writing.
>>
>>3013852
>>3013860
>being this historically illiterate
SAD!
>>
>>3013860
>whats Ancient Egypt
>>
>>3013939
I think they're talking about negros specifically
>>
>>3013622
Where to start with pre-colonial Africa? Anything particularly interesting?
>>
>>3014282
egypt? maybe?
>>
>>3014282
Great Zimbabwe is the most obvious answer.
>>
>>3013951
axum had its own writing system
>>
>>3013860

Africa had probably a dozen ancient writing systems.

This is why conversations about Africa fail. Even people who are not in it for the trolling and derailing on purpose assume there is nothing about the place because of the conotations and eurocentrism of today and make this kind of statement that will feeds the trolls, misinform the uninformed, and makes someone waste time correcting him.

When people start accepting that "africa" is NOT a shithole in every aspect just because some political powers forced during the colonial period crumbled and left countries in political chaos, it will be impossible to have a healthy conversation about Africa.
>>
>>3013728
This. Some stupid liberal always has to turn it into a political issue.
>>3013860
kek
>>
It's failings constantly fly in the face of leftist ideology, and they get mega butthurt when realitt disagrees with them.
>>
>>3014507
Africa is a shithole everywhere that isn't Botswana or Namibia and that's a fact.
>>
>>3013860
they did

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge%27ez_script

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meroitic_alphabet
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.