[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a perfect society focus on according to you? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (25KB, 323x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 323x326px
What would a perfect society focus on according to you?
I was thinking that it would be maximizing prosperity for its members but we all know its a temporary thibg and might even work against survival of the society.
>>
>>3011587
perfect virtual reality helmets

serious note, I like listening to music
>>
legalized prostitution
space exploration
a network of underground roads across the country, like metro but for cars
free beer
>>
getting off earth and colonizing new worlds
>>
>>3011594
I meant more as a bigger focus that would effect the whole of society.

>>3011602
>>3011608
Why space exploration?
For survival of our species or something else?
>>
>>3011630
something else
>>
>>3011587
A perfect society would work on maintaining personal freedom and self-exploration/improvement among it's citizens. That way no matter what was created, it would surely be something beneficial to humanity.
>>
>>3011630
Survival as a species, I know the sun dying is a long way off but the further we spread the less chance there is of us going extinct.
>>
>>3011642
Like?

>>3011643
What if someone creates something purely for profit lets say a very addictive drug which has no positive effect on the user aside from a brief good feeling?

>>3011667
Would the comfort,health and prosperity of individuals be less important in this case than the bigger picture?
>>
Deep ecology.
>>
>>3011630
>perfect virtual reality wont effect the whole of society
>>
File: Portrait-Fatma_N'Soumer.jpg (55KB, 397x453px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait-Fatma_N'Soumer.jpg
55KB, 397x453px
>>3011587
Maqasid al sharia are the traditionnal aims of islamic law.
>preservation of life
>preservation of progeny
>preservation of property
>preservation of reason
>preservation of religion
>>
>>3011587
ensuring life, liberty, and happiness for all

of course there's levers to it

ensuring life is the bare minimum of a society, if it doesn't protect its populous from being killed in large number then the society shouldn't exist at all.

ensuring liberty is the call for a GOOD society, to protect its populous while giving them the ability and opportunity to pursue whatever they wish. Usual problem with libertarianism/free market capitalism is that it might check this block but it usually unchecks the "ensuring life" qualification

ensuring happiness makes it a utopia. It still has to ensure life and liberty to qualify but if it can satisfy people on every level to the point that not questioning it actually sounds like a smart idea and not the beliefs of the suicidal waiting to get killed by government/riots/diseases/lack of food/other external threats then you got yourself a perfect society
>>
The way society iz setup tho we will never have that they have us living in fear at this point
>>
>>3011587

The perfect society is one that,

1. Replaces or grows it's population
2. Does so while maintaining or increasing the quality of life of said population.

So a healthy society would be one that is life-affirming, has a strong sense of duty to a type of collective, be it family, nation or state and practices economic principles that are sustainable in addition to being gainful.

A failing society is one that in materialistic, individualistic, consumerist and hedonistic.

When self-actualization for the common citizen takes precedence over sense of duty to society, or becomes mutually exclusive to their duty to society- that's when you have a problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.