[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Polymaths of History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1193299_o6a3f.jpg (114KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1193299_o6a3f.jpg
114KB, 900x900px
Ataturk was a General, Statesman, Revolutionary, Historian, spoke 5 Languages fluently and was in frontline combat, injured twice.

Who else was a multifaceted leader / statesman / great figure
>>
>>3010836
Teddy Roosevelt
>>
>>3010836

Churchill.
>>
>>3010836
Jefferson
>>
>>3010836
Donald Trump
>>
>>3010836
Duke of Wellington
>>
>>3010836
The Bogdanoff brothers
>>
>>3010836
>General
>Statesman
>Revolutionary
>Historian
>Getting shot or blown up twice
>Polymath
Yeah no
Polyglot for sure
>>
>>3010836
Such a great person wasted on such a terrible people
and soon his legacy will be dead and buried
>>
>>3010836

James Garfield

Lee Christmas
>>
>>3011004
General
He was the leader/general in the Turkey's Indepence War.

Statesman
He was the first president. Thats makes him stateman

Revolutionary
He is the reason why Empire become Republic.

Historian
He was interested in it and ordered that create institutions that research history. But that doesn't make one historian

Getting shot or blown up twice
He was in the frontline in WW1 then he fought with rebels agaisnt Ottoman Empire. So he was in the combat. But never heard of him getting shot.

Polymath
He wrote a math book but thats all he did.

Polyglot
Never seen him speak another language rather than Turkish.
>>
>>3011444
He lost his left eye cornea in Tobruk as a Lt. by shrapnel

Then got shot in the shoulder in Gallpoli as a Colonel leading the battalion
>>
>>3010836
BASED
>>
Ataturk was also an asshole. You forgot that.
>>
>>3011444
Dude knew Hebrew at a time it was a dead language. That confirms he was an ancestral Jew is Donmeh.
>>
Almost any notorious person before the Industrial revolution was some kind of polymath.
>>
>>3012408
Nice try, he only spoke English, French, German and Russian aside from native Turkish
>>
>>3011444
he used historical turkic "crescent" tactic which he learned by studying history to surround greeks during the independence war
also he was injured many times
>>
>>3012428
Because reciting Shema Yisrael is a goyish thing.
http://www.nysun.com/opinion/ataturks-turkey-overturned/58997/
>>
>>3010836
Reza Shah the Great
He was a Soldier born in one of the most rural areas of Iran but turned out to be an Iranian Nationalist,Reformer both militarly and socially, saved his country from splintering in weak little republics and a Politician that was on his way to finally create a truly free and independent Iran.
>>
>>3012479
I don't think "wolf trap" is a turkic tafctic
hannibal also used it
t. turk
>>
>>3012518
there are differences between the tactic used by hannibal in cannae and the turkic tactic of crescent
>>
>>3010836
Adolf Hitler was an accomplished artist and a military strategist.
>>
>>3011444
I don't think you understand what a polymath is.
Warcraft and statecraft and revolutionary activities aren't polymath qualities. Then Julius Caesar, Fidel Castro, Adolf Hitler, and Mao were polymaths as well. They are just generals/statesmen. And Ataturk only translated math terms, axioms, and theorems and compiled the new terms in a book.
>>
>>3012675
I read that as starcraft

lmao
>>
>>3012627
He wasnt accomplished in any of those lmao
>>
>>3010836
Not me
>>
>>3012627
made me laugh

shitler was literally the worst strategist in history
>>
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Benjamin Franklin yet in this thread
>>
>>3013619
>Hitler wasn't smart
>>
>>3015525
Worst strategist in military history. He is an example of what happens when you let fucking civilians directly prosecute a war. If he left the warfighting to the generals and SECDEFs, we could have had a Jew- and gypsy-free world.
>>
>>3015542
>Hitler was a bad strategist
>>
>>3012675
Mao sucked at statecraft.
Hitler was terrible at both.
Caesar, yeah I would call him a polymath. (general, politician, writer)
>>
>>3010836
but even a pseudo-race with a genetic pool as hopelessly polluted as the turks, there is a chance for a birth of a prodegy that only comes once in a millenia
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.