[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say something nice about Emperor Meiji.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Say something nice about Emperor Meiji.
>>
he is a nice chocolate
>>
File: IMG_1570.jpg (28KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1570.jpg
28KB, 270x350px
>>3009576
He was fucking handsome and has a shrine
>>
>>3009576
You were better than Hirohito, but that is not saying much
>>
>>3009576
Good job getting restored to power.
>>
>>3009576
His regime is one of the best examples of rapid industrialization
>>
This >>3010360
Became this >>3009576

I don't ever wanna grow old.
>>
>>3009576
He is one of those historical figures that i dont know much about but i respect him very much.
>>
>>3009576
Not bad.
>>
he valued technology
>>
Was the Japanese Imperialist autistic zerg rush Asia inevitable after the Meiji restoration?

Some anon in an older thread about Japan said that Western knowledge/science/technology was actually well known and studied during Edo.

Was the Meiji restoration all forced westernization all that necessary then? They just became another copy paste western style nation state, only now, the state army generals and military caste had far greater influence than the court nobility and the samurai ever had on a national level, and could draft the national agenda.
>>
>>3011108
>They just became another copy paste western style nation state
Which was precisely the recipe for Japan becoming a colonial power in their turf. It's really as simple as
>Modernize
>Become industrially and militarily advanced
>ding ding ding, you can play the imperialism game with the big boys too now
>gobble surrounding clay from nations that try to defend their assets with militias, machetes and half assed "regular" armies
>>
>>3011108
The zerg rush was avoidable. All the Japs wanted was recognition as being equal to the European powers after WW1, but Wilson fucked it up because he didn't want niggers back home getting uppity about equality.

So the Japs got the door slammed in their face, despite their proposal getting the majority of the votes, and went on a rampage in SEA.
>>
>>3011023
>Rapid industrialization

All without killing millions of people in the process. Stalin btfo!
>>
File: 2i.jpg (28KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
2i.jpg
28KB, 271x400px
>>3010360
>handsome
>>
>>3012186
That was him as a teen apparently. People grow into their looks sometimes, anon.
>>
>>3012186
He went from average in your pic to really good looking in the post you replied to and then kinda miserable looking
>>
>>3011108
>Was the Japanese Imperialist autistic zerg rush Asia inevitable after the Meiji restoration?
Pretty much. I'm on the section of The Making of Modern Japan that deals with the Restoration and it's basically a case of everyone realizing that Japan needed to industrialize and modernize their military or else they'd end up like China. It's just that the loyalists included a healthy dose of "FUCK THE BARBARIANS" and they felt the bakufu were a bunch of concilliatory pussies while the bakufu basically was trying to placate the west to stall for time so they could get themselves up to speed.

IMO reading it the Restoration was absolutely necessary though because the bakufu was just too fragmented and feudal as a political entity to survive in the modern industrial world. Even if they'd industrialized they still would've probably been pickings for the western powers. Not to mention their being terrified of the taint of western ideals on the Japanese population. The Restoration helped centralize everything and guys like Yukichi Fukuzawa probably would've never gotten anywhere (or worse, imprisoned and possibly executed) under the bakufu.
>>
>>3012781

he had a serious drinking problem
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.