[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saar Offensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Typical SS soldier.jpg (17KB, 280x300px) Image search: [Google]
Typical SS soldier.jpg
17KB, 280x300px
Why did the French abandon the Saar Offensive? Did they fear the black warrior?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saar_Offensive
>>
>>3008749
>Why did the French abandon the Saar Offensive?
Because it stood no chance in hell of succeeding as Germany was mobilizing rapidly and they hadn't even encountered the Sigfried line?

>Did they fear the black warrior?
No.
>>
>>3008749
Because they are cowards that's why
they thought people would forget it
>>
File: anne frank confirmed 4 kkk.png (310KB, 468x348px) Image search: [Google]
anne frank confirmed 4 kkk.png
310KB, 468x348px
>>3008749

>Anne Frank is 9 months pregnant writing her diary about how she fears for her child being born into a world ruled by Nazis
>Negroid SS soldier bursts into her attic
>"muh dik, Jewish bitches, sheeeeiiiittt"
>"No please! I'm pregnant. Don't hurt my baby."
>"That baby gonna come out carmel colored by the time I'm through with yah."
>"Nooooo!!!"
>music from the Mad Max Fury Road trailer begins playing in the background
>"Da fuck?"
>50 men clad in white hoods carrying torches ride over the nearby hill on horseback
>"What's this cracka shit?"
>cries of "yee haw" become increasingly audible
>SS soldier's eyes widen
>"Oh fuck"
>"WE'RE COMING FOR YAH NIGGER!"
>SS soldier turns to run but the all-American Klansmen catch him with a lasso around his neck
>Anne watches in half-horror, half-amazement as the Klan drag the hapless SS soldier to a nearby tree and begin stringing him up
>once he's fully secured to the tree, the hooded men take turns whipping the SS trooper repeatedly
>they finally finish him off by taking a red hot Bowie knife to his farm parts
>"say goodnight to them nuts blackie"
>they strip and clip him and he bleeds out
>SS soldier's last words before the life force drains from his shitskinned body are "we wuz Nazis and sheeiiittt"
>Anne protectively holding her belly approaches them as the Klan as they finish their deadly work
>"Thank you kind sirs for saving me and my child."
>one of the Klansman takes his hood off
>it's Jared Taylor
>"No need for thanks ma'am. We always look out for our white women, be they Christian or Jewish."

Script for Call of Duty WW2 DLC I saw on /pol/ a few weeks back
>>
File: laugh cry.jpg (9KB, 198x164px) Image search: [Google]
laugh cry.jpg
9KB, 198x164px
>>3009952
this is /his/ in a nutshell, lmao
>>
File: ku kek klan.jpg (833KB, 1600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ku kek klan.jpg
833KB, 1600x1800px
>>3010886

It's a mix of /pol/, /tv/, /v/, /b/, and /his/
>>
>>3008749
Reposting from /tg/:
Throughout the interwar period the French command had advocated a policy of offense alongside the Maginot line: the Maginot line would allow reservists to protect most of the border so that the standing army would attack through the low countries. But they didn't at Saar, for several reasons.
a) French intelligence greatly overestimated the amount of divisions Germany had available. In 1939 most of the BEF had yet to be assembled, and Germany was more populous than France. Gamelin's cautiousness is particularly stark compared to his pugnaciousness in 1938, where he advised that France and Britain immediately invade Germany to protect beleaguered Czechoslovakia (back when estimates on German power were more accurate). At that time he was only stopped by Britain's refusal to assist.
This was compounded by the fact that
b) in 1928, the French National Government reduced the conscription period to one-year. Most of France's high command believed that this was nowhere enough. Whether this was justified or not (Germany's conscripts performed fine), the French high command had no faith on the vast majority of its army. The Maginot reflects this conviction; it was meant to supplement the supposedly ill-trained conscripts such that war could be limited to the chokepoint of the low countries.
From Gamelin's view, France was pushing into Germany with a small portion of its full army with no BEF assistance against what they believed was a much larger Army. Combine this with the eerie lack of German response, and ultimately Gamelin came to believe that he would be sending France's only competent military force into a trap in which he would be encircled by a massively larger German Force. It was basically the Empty City Stratagem of the Chinese Thirty-Six Stratagems, and it worked perfectly for the Germans.

tl;dr circumstances leading up to the war made the French Command susceptible to a fake-out.
>>
File: CharB1Festival.jpg (71KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
CharB1Festival.jpg
71KB, 600x491px
>>3013040
Source on French strategic thinking in the interwar period:
>http://jonathanrenshon.com/Teaching/NPS/DecisionMaking/kier.pdf
>http://en.booksee.org/book/1179868

On the failure of the Saar offensive:
>http://spectrum.library.concordia.ca/977623/1/Parker_MA_F2013.pdf
>>
>>3013050
>>http://spectrum.library.concordia.ca/977623/1/Parker_MA_F2013.pdf
Are you sure you linked to the right one? I read through this, because I was interested oin the Saar offensive (or lack thereof) but outside of two short statements, one about supply issues, it doesn't talk about Saar at all. It's primarily about Gamelin himself and his reactions to German moves in the invasion of Poland. It's quite good for what it is, but it's not really about the Saar offensive.
>>
>>3013219
Yeah that's not the right one,
>https://www.jstor.org/stable/2639904
doesn't directly mention the Saar offensive either, but it details French Intelligence's continued overestimation of German capabilities both in Hitler's buildup of power and when the war began.

The Gamelin and Poland pdf largely emphasizes the degree of overinflation that French estimates of German power was going through.
>On October 23rd 1939, the French Intelligence agency, the Deuxième Bureau, estimated 70 German divisions on the western front.
>The next day, this was inexplicably increased by twenty to a total of 90 divisions.
>Five days later, on the 29th, reports circulated reinforcing the picture of 90 German divisions, this time supported by 76 more in the rear. 27
>By January 1940, Maurice Gamelin informed his government that the Germans had 135 divisions at the ready, soon to become 200.
>By mid-April, Gamelin increased this figure to 205. 28 On September 1st 1939, Lt. Col. MauriceHenri Gauché, head of the Deuxième Bureau, estimated German strength at 150 divisions and predicted this was only half of Germany’s potential.
>>
File: 1494355809431.jpg (458KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494355809431.jpg
458KB, 1440x1440px
>>3013302
>tfw college access to JSTOR ran out
>yearly/monthy plan only allows 120 downloads/year
what the fuck, if I'm paying $20 a month I should be able to download everything I bloody well want.
>>
>that awkward moment when a shitpost becomes an effortpost
>>3013316
There are plenty of college students on /his/, just ask one of us to get it for you.
>>
>>3011245
lol in that order
>>
>>3009952
>it's Jared Taylor
>We always look out for our white women, be they Christian or Jewish.
I almost shit myself laughing
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.