[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

River Elegy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: China-cctv-river-elegy-300x217.png (96KB, 300x217px) Image search: [Google]
China-cctv-river-elegy-300x217.png
96KB, 300x217px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Elegy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j4ViRxcS8
>The film asserted that the Ming Dynasty's ban on maritime activities alluded to the building of the Great Wall by China's first emperor Ying Zheng. China's land-based civilization was defeated by maritime civilizations backed by modern sciences, and was further challenged with the problem of life and death ever since the latter half of the 19th century, landmarked by the Opium War. Using the analogy of the Yellow River, China was portrayed as once at the forefront of civilization, but subsequently dried up due to isolation and conservatism. Rather, the revival of China must come from the flowing blue seas which represent the explorative, open cultures of the West and Japan.
What do you think about this documentary?
>>
I think isolationism is the best policy for China back then and today. Modernity leads to degeneracy.
>>
>>3006366
>>3006646
Ming was not isolationist, they just cared about monitoring and regulating trade so that the government could get its taxes. Ming buying of silver from Peruvian mines helped fund Spanish colonization of the Americas, after all.
>>
>>3006646
Better a developed society with degeneracy on the sides than stewing in the backwaters until somebody who innovated far more than you comes along and inflicts their degeneracy on you anyway.

Sure, oppose whatever degeneracy you see in your life. I do the same.
But we're only here for a short while. It's unlikely that we can benefit from innovation.

On the scale of history listing degeneracy as a concern is absolutely ridiculous. It always gets rinsed out regularly as trials are encountered anyway.
>>
>>3006646
>Modernity leads to degeneracy.
Yeah, like banning feet binding.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.