[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are we still using technology that was basically made in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (70KB, 1024x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1024x547px
Why are we still using technology that was basically made in the 1960s and before? What happened between 1970 - present?

>inb4 the internet

Its just a manupulation of electrons and photons though. Thats nothing ground breaking.
>>
>>3005521
This is a meme right? You're not actually that clueless are you? A.I. Isn't coming its already here for practical purposes.
>>
>>3005537
I swear I remember some guy who was convinced that technological progress ended in the 1960s before in some other thread.
>>
>>3005521
everything we had in the '60's we now have better versions of. Plus a bunch of cool new stuff.
If you own a smartphone you have more computing power in your hand than all of NASA had in 1969. An more than the total global computing power of 1960.

A jet engine today weighs less, consumes less fuel, has more power output, lasts longer and requiers less maintenance than an engine from the '60's

I could go on but the list is near endless.
>>
>>3005521
>Why are we still using technology that was basically made in the 1960s and before?

It only seems that way to you because the emergent contemporary technologies are molecular in proportions. The shift from mechanical innovations to chemical innovation happened around the 1960's as well. See: Medicine, transistors, LCD screens and such.
>>
>>3005521
Is that a Convair 880?
Where are the black smoke trails the Convair was notorious for that.
>>
>>3005743
It's a picture from flight sim. Didn't even bother to get a real picture
>>
He says, while living in a world where doctors can take a photograph of a kids broken arm on their pockets sized telephone (that is also a computer), send it to his colleague on the other side of the globe who can then adapt a 3d pattern for a brace to match the kids proportions exactly, then send it back to the doctor who can print out a full size physical version in a matter of minutes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.