[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theistic Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 18

File: Afar and Kenya Adam.jpg (82KB, 574x244px) Image search: [Google]
Afar and Kenya Adam.jpg
82KB, 574x244px
Can science and scripture be harmonised? Did someone crack the code in the 20th century?

>pic related: circle represents "Adam" species (those with souls) lines represent their lineage
>>
File: East African Adam.jpg (53KB, 489x244px) Image search: [Google]
East African Adam.jpg
53KB, 489x244px
>>3005269
Standard depiction of the two species in question.
>>
>>3005269
You crack the code by recognizing there's no necessary disharmony to begin with because the Bible isn't a science text book and/or by not being an Americhrist.
>>
File: miller_morris_poster.jpg (251KB, 497x736px) Image search: [Google]
miller_morris_poster.jpg
251KB, 497x736px
>>3005514
But the Bible is meant to be the ultimate authority, not something you can just invoke for moral superiority.
>>
>>3005269
>"Adam" species (those with souls)

This soul developed with which gene mutation?
>>
>>3005514
>genesis is a metaphor
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 900x598px
>>3005269
>>3005269
I would have to say that erectus(some habilis are erectus)-sapiens were humans. Everything else consists of apes.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 600x806px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 600x806px
>>3005586
Native Tasmanian aboriginal from 1800s.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 320x426px
>>3005600
Neanderthals.
>>
>>3005608
Would fugg the one on the left
>>
>>3005269
Yes, by rejecting what's false and accepting truth.
The above has let the Roman-Catholic church to accept evolution and the big bang, which is what more theistic organisations should do.
>>
>>3005586
>Everything else consists of apes.
But why limit it, considering creatures before Erectus used tools more advanced than those of chimpanzees?

>>3005600
Robust sapiens, due to heavy Denisovan admixture.

>>3005608
>neanderthals
>high forehead
>small brow ridges
>chins
>small nose
>sleek build
>>
File: nature14464-f4 (1).jpg (2MB, 946x1472px) Image search: [Google]
nature14464-f4 (1).jpg
2MB, 946x1472px
>>3005569
Not a specific gene, but an act.
>>
>>3005651
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/19/498421284/those-ancient-stone-tools-did-humans-make-them-or-was-it-really-monkeys
>>
>>3005700
Any observations of vervets, colobines or baboons doing something similar? Last I checked, capuchins are native to South America, and no other cases of this "remarkable" circumstance have been recorded in Africa. Perhaps some research on monkeys native to Ethiopia (the place where the tools were found) should be done, before such a proposition gets any major recognition. If I'm not mistaken, many of the headlines were ablaze with titles like "Monkeys and Chimps Enter the Stone Age," implying this behavior is rather recent in origin.
>>
>>3005552
The Bible isn't the ultimate authority. The only certain authority is the 10 commandments as they were written by god himself. Everything else is written by man.
"[I believe] in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church."
And remember, outside the Church there is no salvation
>>
File: 1421375660831.jpg (200KB, 1376x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1421375660831.jpg
200KB, 1376x1032px
>>3005269
>Can science and scripture be harmonised?

No. They represent two mutually exclusive world views.
>>
I find the plate tectonics theory of thumpers more amusing. According to them thousands of years ago the great flood was caused by massive tectonic movements which explain the movements that supposedly according to science took billions of years. Think WAY more radical movements than in the movie 2012.
>>
>>3005514
>You crack the code by recognizing there's no necessary disharmony to begin with

There clearly is. The Bible mentions humans being created separate from the animals in a way that just isn't compatible with the change in gradual degrees that evolution points to. Jews were not a magic race with the secrets of modern biology allegorically coded into their creation myth. The Catholic Church and other theistic evolutionists just adopted this as a PR measure to stay relevant and maintain a veneer of credibility. Science is the epistemological authority of the modern age - everyone from doctors to advertisers, new agers, writers, politicians, conspiracy theorists, religious leaders etc. appeals to science in order to appear credible. It has almost totally replaced the throne that religion held before the enlightenment in regards to being a source of knowledge, and religion survives mostly in subservient status to it. There are a few exceptions like ethics (Sam Harristards aside) where science can't replace religion, but even here we see secular knowledge like philosophy encroaching on former religious territory in public thought. After a long period of Christfags loving science, there really was a war between scientific secularism and religion, and science won - just like Christianity won over European paganism, which survived on in vestige cultural relics of western culture.
>>
>>3005833
Man put those commandments in the book.
So why are you so sure that they didn't alter them?
I mean, we know for a fact that the Catholic church changed the commandments compared to the Torah, so why are you so sure that the Jews didn't changed their laws before putting it in their Torah?
Seems impossible to know with 100% certainty or is this where your "faith" kicks in?
>>
File: Untitled-11.jpg (61KB, 609x408px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-11.jpg
61KB, 609x408px
>>
>>3005269
No.
>>
>>3005943
Nope. World broke apart well after the Flood. The Flood was not just 40 days of rain; all of the fountains of the deep were opened, all the volcanoes erupted; this was an ELE.

But you don't think it happened, even though the entire fossil record is evidence of a global flood, as is the globe being covered in dried layers of mud (sedimentary rock).

That's because you don't give a fuck about the truth; you just want to be accepted by godless people who mock godly people.
>>
>>3005514
Jesus said Adam and Eve were made "in the beginning". I'm pretty sure He knows more than you do, since He created the universe.

See, if humanity came along 14 billion years later, that wouldn't really be "in the beginning", now, would it.
>>
File: valley-of-the-whales.jpg (59KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
valley-of-the-whales.jpg
59KB, 550x412px
>>3007568
If such an event occured, why do we only find whales in certain places, and marine reptiles (plesiosaurs, mososaurs, ect) in others, with no overlap whatsoever?
>>
File: mushroom_apes.jpg (14KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom_apes.jpg
14KB, 208x242px
>implying early hominid man didn't find his evolutionary peak in homo Erectus as the first global sapien
>implying early African hominids didn't undergo a second evolutionary catalyst of early brain development
>implying early hominid man didn't take off in successive waves of migration through Heidelbergensis, leading to Neanderthals in northern Europe as modern humans found their birthright in Africa
>at some point early man ingests psilocybin, launching the nomadic revolution
>Northeastern Africa becomes the pre-Sahara oasis of man's cultural birth, the great Eden myth carried through history
>this pre-Saharan empire of shamanic occultism becomes pre-Dynastic Egypt during the climatic upheaval which turns the Saharan jungle into the wasteland of sand we know today
>Egypt's move west sets off the fireworks show that was the Fertile Crescent
>yfw there's no need to reconcile science and scripture because the truth is far greater than either could fathom
>>
File: Hallucipithecus.jpg (237KB, 738x555px) Image search: [Google]
Hallucipithecus.jpg
237KB, 738x555px
>>3009280
>stoned ape
Aside from that, sounds like a bitchin' book. You could make a religion out of this.
>>
>>3007568
>ELE
>Movie science is all the science I need. Or understand
>>
>>3009280
>>>/lit/
>>
>>3005269
Why does god need evolution?

Can't you just say God did it and be done with it?
>>
>Can science and scripture be harmonised
Yes, because science supports scripture.

>Can evolution and scripture be harmonised
No, because evolution is a religion that masqueraides as pseudo-science.
>>
>>3005833
>The only certain authority is the 10 commandments as they were written by god himself. Everything else is written by man.
I've heard some dumb shit but I think this just might top it
>>
>>3010711
I've heard some dumb shit but I think this just might top it
>>
File: austrp.jpg (166KB, 816x795px) Image search: [Google]
austrp.jpg
166KB, 816x795px
>>
File: osiris3.png (147KB, 503x663px) Image search: [Google]
osiris3.png
147KB, 503x663px
>>3005269
>Can science and scripture be harmonised?

Sure, the Bible is 90%+ fraud and God is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnPPhn-fvAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzLZMJxgWk4
>>
>>3005269
you may like this
>>
>>3012438
>>
>>3005269

Prove souls exist, and that humans have them but other mammals don't.

>Theistic evolution

Sure, you can toss out what the Bible clearly and unambiguously says about the creation of life, but don't then come and tell me that ANY part of your Bible should be taken literally. And that includes the whole "god exists" foolishness.

You don't get to say "well, THIS part of the Bible is contradicted by science, so it's us a metaphor, but THIS part is totes literally true!"
>>
>>3007573

Thus proving beyond doubt that Jesus is not God, and that the Bible is mythology.
>>
>>3005572
>genesis is a myth

FTFY
>>
>>3012622
>Thus proving beyond doubt that Jesus is not God, and that the Bible is mythology.

Jesus never mentions Adam and Eve - he says God made male and female which "theologians" believe referenced Adam and Eve. The gospels are written as an extremely critical response to the Hebrew Text - and hence uses that text in some instances to bolster teachings by Jesus including a lineage which simply would be nearly impossible to know for sure.

That doesn't mean there wasn't a God-King named Jesus in ancient Judea whom the Jews murdered.

The Jewish "scripture" for most of it is the theological equivalent of "fuck da police" (could you imagine being so sick in the head you want to bludgeon someone to death with stones because they said the word "Yahweh?") These are very disgusting people so some white lies in the gospels are certainly not uncalled for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_PaoJQZE
>>
>>3009783
>you can make a religion out of this

why do I hear bill wurtz there
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.