[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Americans are such philistines (for First Worlders)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 19

File: 31f.png (397KB, 680x1282px) Image search: [Google]
31f.png
397KB, 680x1282px
>denial of global warming and other examples of basic science like gender or evolution among both plebs and politicians
>contempt for academics and scientists (at for those who don't pander to Amerifat shortsightedness)
>We Wuz Kangz and other examples of historical revisionism
>Conspiracy Theories
>Electing a man with an underwhelming record in higher education (Dubya)
>Electing a man who loves the undereducated (Trump)
>And so on

Is it having too many Negroes? Or the Puritians?
>>
>>3003990
The US is still more successful than any European country except for Switzerland and maybe Ireland.
>>
>>3003990

because the world applies a magnifying glass to interesting countries

>>3003991

>switzerland
>successfull
>>
>>3003990
>underwhelming record in higher education (Dubya)
I hate Bush but that guy literally graduated from Harvard and Yale. Meanwhile Eurocucks have guys like Martin Schulz, a literal highschool dropout, ruling the EU.
>>
>>3003990

the bigger question is how Europeans fell even lower

why is Asia the only place where nations have dignity AND aren't shitholes?
>>
>>3003990

I forgot:

>has a fixation with mad science cliches (see the hysteria over GMOs and too little progress in little things like gene modification and stem cell research)
>>
>>3003990
>>Electing a man who loves the undereducated (Trump)
He's a New York billionaire, I'm certain he gives no shits whatsoever about middle america, it was all a transparent posturing during the election cycle fostered by his handlers.

This guy has decades of media attention on his entire vainglorious lifestyle but suddenly everyone has collective amnesia when he instantly transforms into a """republican""", just mindboggling.
>>
Because it's profitable for the people in power to create a climate of anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>3003990
>Counties make money whoring off their history and relics
>Pissed people spend money to fuck them as hard as possible
>>
>>3003990
& humanities strikes again
>>
>>3004028

Asia is 90% shithole
>>
>>3003990
nice /pol/ thread
why do /his/sterical scream all the time at /pol/ opinions but when some leftwing sperg shares his political nonsense nobody says anything
double standards much?
>>
>>3004028
>Asia
>nations aren't shitholes
>le 3 Asian countries = all of Asia maymay
Guess you forgot the advanced and developed nations of India, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Mongolia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, North Korea, Afghanistan, Yemen and Indonesia, faggot.
>>
>it's a "Europeans make fun of Americans for having a superstitious reactionary underclass while importing their very own superstitious reactionary underclass from MENA by the millions" episode
Why are Europoors so pathetic?
>>
>>3004208
>/pol/ thread
This thread is so /int/ it stinks of Krautchan.
>>
>>3003990
Same reason Qing China was, when you are the center of the world economically and culturally (and before you guffaw reflect upon how pervaisive American culture is and how quickly it is replacing local traditions - even curse words are affected) there isnt much reason to think about others
>>
>>3004176
>handlers

I don't know how lowly you think of Trump, but he didn't need someone tell him what to do in order to fool everyone. It really was as easy as being loud and telling people what they want to hear, and looking like someone they could have a beer with (unironically also a major criteria for a large portion of voters).
>>
>>3004017
>I hate Bush but that guy literally graduated from Harvard and Yale.
That's the big problem with american college : if you have enough money you can go. Thus, reproduction of the same elites.
>>
>>3003990
>basic science
>like gender
"social sciences" aren't areal scientific discipline, anon.
>>
>>3005030

>saying this here
>>
>>3004809
I mean the Bannon cat and the other political vultures he hired.
>>
>>3003990
Pretty much, mix between our own retardation and status as a haven for everyone, so you get the crazy dregs of society. The puritans moralfagging in the North, muh Chivalrous feudal LARPing society in the South, a black minority that is defined in our national consciousness as being former slaves, a Hispanic minority that mainly lives in areas that got taken from Mexico years ago, and the Puritans don't begin to cover the crazy religious shit that sprung about thanks to religious freedom (might as well be its own fucking gospel here)
>>
>>3004146
GMOs are banned in EU
>>
>contempt for academics and scientists (at for those who don't pander to Amerifat shortsightedness)
Most of the top research universities in the world are American. Its academic output / capita (measured by published papers) is comparable to Germany and the UK's, and significantly exceeds France and Japan's (to say nothing of China's, which holds the #2 spot in absolute terms).

What you're saying isn't completely baseless. There is definitely an anti-intellectual strain in American culture. But when you act like America has no intellectual/academic tradition, if you think American culture begins with the Big Mac and ends with the Transformers movies, you're just revealing your own ignorance and lack of interest in academics.
>>
>>3005242

>EU doing it makes it okay
>>
>>3003990
>basic science like gender
redefining gender from how it's typically used isn't a scientific breakthrough, anon. only fundies think that gender roles are completely fixed and without any influence from culture
>>
File: 1411143797995.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1411143797995.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>3003990
>Gender "revolution"
>Europeans actually want everyone to believe this
>>
15 of the 16 hottest years on record in the last 16 years.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266259787405225984
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/294894996279148544
>>
>>3005570
There obviously is a difference between the genitalia you have and how you perceive yourself sexually.
This difference obviously needs a name for it, so we can talk and study it.

If you don't like gender and gender dysphoria, make up other terms, but these things exist and need to be named.
>>
>>3005625
>on record
>>
>>3005635
1. Buy a thermometer.
2. Measure and write down the temperature at set hours every day.
3. Five years from now, come to 4chan and make a thread denouncing climate deniers, as you have first hand proof they are morons.
>>
>>3005645
>5 years
>In the scale of human history
>>
What really baffles me is how mainstream climate change denial is in the US. In other countries it's some fringe loonies who spouts this nonsense and no one listens to them.
>>
>>3005629
>There obviously is a difference between the genitalia you have and how you perceive yourself sexually.
99% of people's "gender" matches their sex. no one denies that gender dysphoria exists, but it is a mental disorder. it isn't just me who says this, it is still recognized as such by the scientific community. notice that males with gender dysphoria don't want to simply fit the "identity" of being a woman, they actually want to be biologically female, and vice versa with biological females. if gender dysphoria was simply about an identity there would be no reason for them to take hormones or have surgery on their genitals
>>
>>3005673
You are fighting strawmen, imaginary or actual crazy people.

1. A problem being rare doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. Radiation poisoning is rare, we study and hope to prevent or treat it.
2. You can treat gender dysphoria in two ways - move the perceived gender to match the biological sex, or move the biological sex to match the perceived gender. People always do the first initially, and only if it doesn't work they go for the second, as a last effort.
In fact gender dysphoria is so rare, because people end up depressed with it, and their friends, family and so on support them, they get healthcare and psychiatrists, time passes, and their perception moves to match their biological body.
People have chemical therapy and surgery when this does NOT happen, that is to say in only the worst cases.
3. Something being an illness doesn't mean we should ignore it. We help crippled people fit society, give them benefits, subsidies their treatment and artificial limb development and so on. The same is done with diabetes, foods have labels to help people live better.

So the solution I want is:
1. Recognition of the problem.
2. Steps to control and treat the problem.
3. End discrimination towards people who have the problem.

People with gender dysphoria are treated worse than people with alcoholism or AIDS for no good reason.
Even media darlings like cancer patients, who get paid millions in subsidies indirectly to make their treatments affordable, and are always pitied and supported, are in some ways more to blame for their situation than transsexuals. You don't catch gender dysphoria from smoking too much.
>>
>>3005689
This is why I hate the transtrenders you see in Twitter and Tumblr. They are making things worse for those who have real gender dysphoria.
>>
>>3005689
I'm not saying it should be ignored or that it shouldn't be treated, what I have an issue with is how it's being used politically by the far left to claim that identifying as a woman while being a female is in and of itself a social construct. the OP for example made it sound like the redefinition of gender is some kind of scientific breakthrough. This is the only reason I have an issue with this definition of gender. it's much more clear to say "gender identity" and this both doesn't allow for a misunderstanding from the majority of people who use the conventional definition and doesn't allow for it to be used for the political agenda of the far left
>>
>>3005689
Does this mean that a fuekd called "gender studies" is needed? I can't think anything more stupid and waste of research grants than a paper written about "gender fluidism".
>>
>>3003990
Lemme stop you right there, pal. Also, there aren't any puritans left in the US, they've been gone for like 300 years at this point.
>>
>>3003991
>and maybe Ireland
>>
>>3005718
The perceived gender and biological gender are different things even in cases where they match.
That is to say, a "biological female identifying as a female" is a reasonable thing to say, since being a biological female doesn't necessarily mean you identify as one, nor does identifying as a female mean you are a biological female.

The perception is a social construct, as in it is determined by your expression in society, societal norms, what is allowed, what isn't, what is considered male and what female and so on.

Also the exaggerated political push is an attempt to normalize it, you had similar extreme and exaggerated movements when the slaves were liberated (black supremacy), when women got equal rights (female terrorists), when workers got equal rights (communism), sexual liberation (STD culture), and now the islamic revolutions as colonial borders are redrawn to better fit the tribes that live in the land.
Basically in order to get somewhere in politics, you aim waaaaaaaay ahead, because you presume you will fall short anyways, and because extreme views get you more votes than mild, common sense views.
So the modern "leftie" transsexual and PC culture is going to result in a much milder, more centrist and egalitarian outcome, and this isn't the first time extremist spearhead the road to reasonable politics. They are always discarded when the fighting is done, so don't worry about them.

>>3005727
"Gender Studies", which I presume studied historical and modern stereotypes and cultural divide between the gender roles, should be studies as part of anthropology and psychology, and some people can specialize in it. I don't think it deserves to be given as much time as it appears to be in the USA.
Then again, we don't have it here, so I don't even know what its about.
>>
>>3005299
>transformers

Pretty sure that's japanese, sorry.
>>
>>3005299
American research is mostly powered by foreign brains.
I expect any year now americans to start chimping about how american taxpayer dollar goes into research and funding for NON AMERICAN SCIENTISTS WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?
Probably will be Trump's next election theme.
>>
>>3005733
>modern leftie transsexual and PC culture is going to result in a much milder outcome
>don't worry about them
Nigger what? They've gotten themselves written into the legal traditions of most western nations, its not going to go away for a long fucking time.
>>
>>3003991
>Ireland
?
>>
>>3005746
Didn't you see that one family guy episode? Ireland was the most advanced country on earth until they discovered beer.
>>
>>3005744
So did the Nation of Islam, Islamic Brotherhood, Black Panthers and other supremacist extreme organizations in the USA. The end results was equal rights, not some eye for an eye white slaves situation.
And when women were burning bras and demanding subsidized pregnancy, end of all cosmetics, ban of all alcohol and drugs, divorce with a single day notice, and other such, they didn't get all of that in the end, they got equality and most of them were fine with it, and the extremists were shunned.

You get extremists to lead the masses, you change policies such that the masses are happy, and the extremists don't matter. What if they are unhappy, they are few, and the masses don't follow them anymore.
>>
>>3005757
What? All of those organizations you listed are fringe groups that never got themselves written into the legal code in the first place. The extremists dissapearing eventually doesn't matter if they've achieved their goal of getting their laws written into our legal code (which they have in many western nations). And none of those organizations you listed even "went away", they're still very active.
>>
>>3005030
Most soft sciences have even more experimental controls and statistical sophistication than the "hard" sciences, but the division is arbitrary anyway, and you only perpetuate it for political reasons. Psychology stems from biology just like chemistry stems from physics. There's no magic line in this chain where the scientific method becomes instrumentally useless.
>>
>>3005757
>they got equality and most of them were fine with it, and the extremists were shunned.
They got preferential treatment before the law.
>>
>>3003991
Why Ireland? I mean, they're relatively well off, but nothing special.
>>
>>3005635
>durr the past is unknowable xd
>what is ice sheet core analysis
>what is dendroclimatology
>what is coral
>what is ocean sediment
>what us beryllium-10
>what are speleothems

Right wingers are 90% high school dropouts, I swear. It'd explain why they hate tertiary education so much.
>>
>>3005784
>most soft sciences have even more experimental controls and statistical sophistication than hard sciences
Lel, considering that 1) Hard sciences rely far more on statistical data then soft sciences, which rely on observations (Cleveland WS (1984). "Graphs in Scientific Publications". The American Statistician. 38 (4): 261–269. JSTOR 2683400. doi:10.2307/2683400.), 2) Hard sciences are less prone to researcher bias than softer ones (soft sciences report higher rates of positive outcomes than harder ones do; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850928/). The distinction between hard and soft sciences is not a political one; the hard sciences are far more objective than their soft counterparts. Your liberal arts education is showing.
>>
File: 1494996523268.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494996523268.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>3003990
>other examples of basic science like gender
How is this thread still up?
>>
>>3005689
You are confusing nature with nurture.

People can be tall, short, fat, thin, have big breasts, small breasts, small dicks, big clits, there are no instincts that cause an existential crisis because your body is not shaped precisely, evolution and genetics doesn't work like that, your genes only have a few mbs of useful data and cannot biologically program people to have the complex abstract concepts you describe. It must be due to an association the way Pavlov's dog came to subconsciously associate a ringing bell with food.
>>
File: 1495647768096.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495647768096.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>3005784
I can't tell if his post is being serious or not.
>>
>>3003991
lol your system is shit you are only more succesful because you have huge lands and ressources. take away these two and you basically turn into Mexico.
>>
>>3005847
i really, really hope it isn't
>>
>>3003991
>and maybe Ireland
>>
>>3003991
>maybe Ireland
What the fuck are you talking about?
Also technically all Western European people live better than you
>>
>>3004017
>ruling the EU
lmao
>>
>>3005689
>tumblr snowflakes have it worse than cancer victims

Unironically kill yourself
>>
>>3000000
>>
>>3004176
Trump loves middle America, he always had a soft spot for Cincinnati at least.
>>
>>3005711
>tranny trying to force a false dichotomy where there are "real trans" and "trenders"
Nope, you are all mentally ill. Down to the last one.
>>
>>3006027
This isn't the 1850s idiot, Ireland is the 3rd richest country in Europe after Norway and Switzerland.
>>
>>3003990
>examples of basic science like gender

what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>3006027
>1000 acres of farmland, a big house, a monster truck, and a blonde wife
You don't live better than anyone ahmed
>>
>>3006069
It's actually 4th.

Also
>per capita
kek
>>
>>3005757
Everything you listed is still a problem though. Ever since the drug revolution, America's number one fad is to take your perfect litre, fuck it up, then protest about it.

On the gender thing, I just want to vent, as a homo myself, that I hate this stupid gender shit. Gays finally were getting equality (I didn't want marriage, but whatever), schools were taking a stronger stance on no bullying, everything was going smoothly....
Then T and up ruined it. I done follow LGBwhatever because its been highjacked by the mentally ill. Trannies, Identity fags, they are the reason for the new wave of homophobia. And those gay pride shitstorms have never helped. All they do is perpetuate the idea that gays are nothing but drug addicted, attention whoring, sex fiends.
>>
>>3006081
>I don't understand how per capita is tied to living standards
>>
>>3006082
Your perfect life*, typo
>>
>>3006084
>4th per capita in Europe
>9th in living standards
>>
>>3006027
>all western Europeans
Not the Spanish, the Portuguese or the British. Those are all poorfags.
>>
>>3006027
>all western european people live better than you
except for sweden, lichtenstein, the UK, luxemburg, france, spain, andora and portugal.
>>
>>3005030
>"social sciences" aren't areal scientific discipline, anon.
Well, duh. Gender is BIOLOGY, not sociology.
>>
File: laughing_anime_girl.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_anime_girl.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>3006095
>gender is biology
>>
>>3006084
We're poor as fuck lad, the statistics are massive inflated by foreign companies
t. Actual Irish person
>>
>>3006095
No, gender is some tumblr construct.
>>
The most embarrassing thing for me is being American. I cannot express enough the deep loathing hatred I have for the American mind.
Loves only money and material things, thinks classical liberalism is traditionalism, wages war every chance he can get yet conveniently is never on the receiving end, degenerated Christianity into some kind of satirical cult with snake worship, business like mega churches, and making statues of Jesus riding dinosaurs. He is so lazy that he has built an entire nation around convenience. He need never walk, he can drive everywhere he needs. The infrastructure is spaced out to a ludicrous degree to accommodate this. Cities turn into endless identical suburbs with so many cars the air turns to poison from the fumes.

If any of this is pointed out to him he merely regresses into child like insults and crude attempts at seeming more masculine with his primitive mind.
>>
>>3006098
Not that anon but

Its biology, unless you want to study body dysphoria.
>>
>>3006105
Nigga what? Sex is biology. Gender has to do with social constructs. Gender is social science.
>>
>>3006105
Gender only existed in linguistics as a grammatical category before the psycho cuckold crew redefined the word in the 1960s.
>>
>>3006105
Biological sex -> women have wider hips, store more fat in legs, have narrower shoulders.
Gender constructs -> women should cover their sexual organs, shouldn't work in mines, shouldn't fight on the front, should pick and stick with a man.

One is biological, it is objectively true for all (except ill/deformed) people.
The other is basically society optimizing for the biological reality. However, some of these optimizations are now outdated, and only stick around for historical reasons, they are tradition.
In islamic states, women covering their face, as the face is sexual and no other men should see it, is a social construct thats outdated and doesn't make sense today.

Those are the social constructs, or what feminists call "gender". They are optimization of society by dividing people into gender roles.
>>
>>3006110
>>3006115
Women and Men are proven to be controlled by two very different concentrates of hormones. Estrogen and Testosterone.
Women are more likely to fall in meeker roles of society's "gender roles"
While men are more likely to fall into domineering roles.
"Gender Roles" are merely a social response, not their own category in any scientific field. By this point, Gender Studies will be as notable as Craniology.

The study of estrogen and testosterone should be left to biology. No good can come out of studying something so simple with Freudian techniques.
>>
>>3006130
Wearing pink isn't a function of estrogen.
Collecting tank miniatures isn't a function of testosterone.

There is plenty of factors of gender roles that aren't logical conclusions from our current reality and sexual dimorphism, they just happened and went viral for cultural reasons, and are kept as traditional.
>>
>>3006135
>collecting tank miniatures isn't a function of testosterone
Actually it is. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2583786/
>>
>>3006143
Did you read that? It says male monkeys like toys with wheels, and female monkeys like all toys equally.
Tank miniatures don't even have wheels, nor are they toys, they are for collecting and not playing.

Also I can easily replace that example with a thousand more, you have to fight the principle.
>>
>>3006152
>tanks don't have wheels
>>
>>3006156
Did you read the article?
They don't have those freely moving wheels you can run on your hand and see them continue to spin.

Stop Googling for a link that seems to support you and dropping it as if its gospel without reading.
>>
>>3006135
Testosterone makes those tanks more appealing due to their connect of masculine things.
Estrogen makes brighter, softer colors more appealing.

You put a little girl and a little boy, both age 5, in a garden and see who will be squashing bugs, and who will be making and decorating little mud houses.
That is the simplest form of natural response brought on by biological factors.

>slow typer
>>
>>3006168
You are disgustingly oversimplifying things just because you are offended by reality.
Pink isn't inherently female, we decided it was over time. For fucks sake, some languages have different words to moan during sex for men and women, for no reason whatsoever.
In islamic states the woman is covered all over, in western states the woman is displaying herself.
In islamic states the man enters buildings before the woman, in western states the man holds the door open.
Is their biology that different, to produce opposite results, or is it not pure biology?

A lot about gender roles is tradition and for historical reasons, not for biological ones.
>>
>>3006135
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/gender-toys-children-toy-preferences-hormones_n_1827727.html
>>
>>3006179
A superior study was already posted, and already addressed.
Also, stop posting huffpost.
>>
>>3006189
You haven't addressed shit, toy preference is biologically innate and that's a fact. The pink/blue crap probably has to do with biology too.
>>
>>3006176
Tradition brought on by those very same natural responses, that had later become cultural prejudice. If men did not have dominating mindsets and women meeker mindsets, then those cultures would have not produced said results.
As I previously stated, a Freudian study should not be applied to something so obvious.
>>
>>3006176
>Pink
>Not manly
It was until the late 19th century.
It was close to the color of blood, after all
>>
>>3006193
>i am right and thats a fact
Reconsider.

>>3006210
This only proves the current pink association with femininity and the female gender is cultural and not biological.
>>
>>3006196
>i am obviously right and you shouldn't study the subject further
>>
>>3006216
At least you understood that much.
>>
>>3006226
I understood that you insist you are correct, without arguing yourself correct.
The same biological difference between men and women led to two opposite conclusions in the gender roles, thus its not biology.
>>
>>3006230
A difference where all over the world, not once do we ever see a matriarchal society, let alone one that held the power of a patriarchal?
Huh, I wonder what makes men dominate in the first place?
>>
>>3006242
You don't address the argument, and instead move the goalpost and strawman.
>>
>>3006060
As a Cincinnati native and resident, I'm so disappointed in this.
>>
File: 1476427433211.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476427433211.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>3003990
>>
>>3006252
>>
>>3006277
Now you are insulting me for requesting that you argue your case.
I think any neutral reader has you solved by this point, we should be done here.
>>
>>3006281
Not him but at the end, your fedora was showing.
He didn't move a goal post, and he did notice your argument
>>
>>3006293
>Argument: The same biology led to two opposite cultures of gender roles and traditions. Thus it isn't entirely biological.
>Counter-argument: There hasn't been a matriarchy, thus gender roles are entirely biological.

Wow, so fedora, surely I am a redditor for pointing our how this shit isn't logical.
Protip: knowing how to argue doesn't make you wrong.
>>
>>3006310
You were dismissing the biological factors completely though. I agree that they need to be studyed for social reasons, but I also agree that men and women aren't equal and they led to that. Estrogen is more emotion based, which is overpowered by dominate factors of testosterone
>>
>>3006242
>not once do we ever see a matriarchal society
We live in one right now.
>>
>>3006329
You are building a strawman. I won't reply to you again unless you argue in good faith.
>>
>>3003990
>Too many negros
It was mostly whites that voted for Bush and Trump.
Most blacks vote liberal so they are for measures against global warning.
>>
Americans really are cancer.
>>
>>3003990
>gender
>"basic science"

Sociologists should all be killed desu.
>>
>>3005732
>>3005746
>>3005822
>>3006025
>>3006027

Ireland is the richest and most advanced country in Europe if you don't count petrostates like Norway.
>>
>>3005966
>Europoors actually believe this
>>
>>3006084
>gdp divided by population
you under stand that in a country with a millionaire, nd two homeless men the gdp per capita would be 333,333.33? gdp per capita and wealth concentration are better ways to guage the average living standards of a person.
>>
>>3006598
>you under stand that in a country with a millionaire, nd two homeless men the gdp per capita would be 333,333.33?

And?

>gdp per capita and wealth concentration are better ways to guage the average living standards of a person.

Why?
>>
>>3006603
Because it's clear that in the 3 person nation example, taking the gdp per capita gives misleading idea about how the majority live you fucking idiot, that's the whole point of trying to work out a standard of living in the first place.
>>
File: 1497491771863.jpg (64KB, 580x528px) Image search: [Google]
1497491771863.jpg
64KB, 580x528px
>global warming
>basic science
>>
>>3006344

>t. MRA
>>
>>3008568
>t. cunt
>>
>>3006387

They're also filled with We Wuzzing and Amerifat Christcrap.
>>
>>3003990
> gender
> science
Ok, lmao
>>
>>3004208
Fuck off trumptard
>>
>>3008635

Trump does love the undereducated.
>>
>>3006819

>t. Non-Qualified
>>
>>3006027
Only if you count the EU as a mono-State and forget that it's made of like 3 decent countries surrounded by Backwards shitfarmers
>>
>>3004028
>Asia
>Not shitholes
At least China fuels my huge disaster fetish and makes new Final Destination movies daily.
>>
>>3005784
>Most soft sciences have even more experimental controls and statistical sophistication than the "hard" sciences

And 40% of "papers" still fail to replicate. No one gives a shit how "rigorous" your method is if it still fails the test.
>>
>>3003991

And the Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and many others in many aspects.
>>
File: FREEDOM AINT FREE.jpg (44KB, 642x476px) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM AINT FREE.jpg
44KB, 642x476px
>be american
>get shot
>>
>>3005663
Much of it is a reaction to obnoxious hippies who made shit up and lied through the early 2000s because they thought lying for a good cause would have no negative consequences.
>>
File: proud to be an american.jpg (38KB, 707x490px) Image search: [Google]
proud to be an american.jpg
38KB, 707x490px
>>
>>3011148
Nice bait, the article doesn't match the title. But it's blurry enough the average retard on here wouldn't even think of looking past the thumbnail.
>>
>>3009600
How's your woman studies classes? Submitted rap album for term project?
>>
>>3005113
Trump was already Trump long before Bannon was even a name in political discourse. Trump's most extreme moments occurred BEFORE Bannon was introduced to the team. Trump has no handlers, and if anything, Bannon has Robert Mercer as a handler.
>>
>>3011276
The anti-immigration policies are 100% Bannon. If you know anything about Trump before the elections you'd realize he was a liberal cuck. In the late 90s he called Pat Buchanan LITERALLY HITLER for having the same opinions Trump espouses now.
>>
>>3011142
>Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Sweden

All of these countries are poorer and less economically competitive than the US

>Norway

A petrostate which is richer but less economically competitive than the US, doesn't count.

>Luxembourg, Liechtenstein

Tiny irrelevant tax heavens, don't count.
>>
To hell with this plebeian thread
>>
>>3006115
are you fucking autistic as well as mentally unwell? Women do not work in the mines or fight on the front lines because they a physically and quite probably mentally incapable as well. That is not some bullshit social construct. You are a pea brained mouth breathing drooling retard with no capacity for the simplest of heuristics. It's no surprise that you'd let the most garish of psyops to get to you
>>
>>3011360
you probably don't know that Trump lost a lot of good friends in the 9/11 attacks. He knows who was really behind the attacks; that is MOSSAD!!!
>>
>>3006587
Literally name 1 fact or statistic to suggest this is even remotely true.
>>
>>3005966
>youre only successful because your successful, take away the success and youre not successful
>>
>>3011601
Wanna know what doesn't count? When all wealth belongs to like 100 people and the rest live in their own shit
>doesn't have free healthcare or education
>"First world"
>>
>>3005727

What do you think gender studies is? It seems you believe memes at face value my man.
>>
>>3012001
Singapore doesn't have free healthcare and education either and it is more developed than any Western country. Its healthcare and education systems are superior to those of European social democratic countries in every way.
>>
>>3012213
>lowest native birth rates on earth

If your goal was to become another part of China, the Singapore model works great.
>>
>>3011968
Ireland has a higher GDP per capita than any European country other than Norway (a petrostate) and Luxembourg (a tax heaven).
>>
>>3012220
>lowest native birth rates on earth

That's because the government discourages reproduction due to overpopulation.

>If your goal was to become another part of China, the Singapore model works great.

Singapore is more reliant on the US than on China.
>>
>>3012230
>the government discourages reproduction due to overpopulation

They've been trying desperately to encourage their professional class to breed.

It's just that living in a giant hamster wheel discourages human beings from having children.

If you have sub-replacement fertility rates, you end up accepting immigrants to replace the native population, like Singapore does.

If you have a merit-based immigration policy, like Singapore does, the best immigrants are mostly Chinamen.

The Singapore system is an excellent way to replace your native population with Chinese people.

It is unclear why any reasonable person would wish to do this.
>>
>>3011952
>be against Mossad
>stuff your staff with jews and Israel shills
What did Trump mean by this
>>
>>3012001
>be Europoor
>have to give nearly half of your income to the state so that a bunch of idiots could study sociology for free at university
>get stabbed by a refugee because you cannot defend yourself due to excessively strict gun control laws
>go to hospital
>die in a que because your government cannot properly manage the "free" healthcare system of your country
>>
File: 1497310822722.jpg (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497310822722.jpg
83KB, 512x512px
The problem with transsexuals is that everybody has an agenda in regards to them. anti-trannies are just as guilty with this as sjws are.

4chan has a weird relationship with this, you always hear 'muh mentally ill' yadda yadda, but just 2 clicks away from this very webpage on 4chan is an endless mountain of tranny/trap/futa/whatever porn and lewds on /b/ /v/ /gif/ /trash/ /r9k/ /co/ and /aco/. Its hard to see 4chan as anything but pro-trap, because its effing everywhere here, at all times.
>>
>>3012482
Trannies love to attention whore and have retarded orbiters who spam about how great le traps are. They're a VERY vocal minority.
-t. moderated imageboards with a huge tranny problem.
>>
>>3004146
That describes Europe though
>>
>>3003991
*more successful than any european country except norway, switzerland, denmark, the netherlands, ireland and iceland
>>
>>3012482
>haha if you're against mentally ill people cutting off their own cocks and stuffing little kids full of hormones, you're just like the SJWs !!!
No.

>>3012504
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x497px
>>3012544
>and stuffing little kids full of hormones, you're just like the SJWs !!!

That's a different issue, you can be pro-tyranny and still think it should just be a decision for adults. Think rationally man, don't just emotionally make blanket statements like that.

>haha if you're against mentally ill people cutting off their own cocks

Let them, none your business and none my business. Don't be a soccer mom.
>>
>>3012544
>mentally ill people cutting off their own cocks and stuffing little kids full of hormones
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>3012581
>pro-tyranny
Kek

>none your business
I don't subscribe to your lolbertarian NAP crap, sorry cupcake.

>>3012589
About trannies.
>>
>>3012599
Since when have trannies "stuffed little kids full of hormones"? Also
>mentally ill
I don't think you understand that term.
>>
>>3012599
>I don't subscribe to your lolbertarian NAP crap, sorry cupcake.

4chan is a libertarian board. Maybe you would feel more at home on reddit?
>>
>>3012609
>having such a fucked it up brain the reality of your biological sex makes you want to kill yourself
>not a mental illness

>>3012613
>4chan is libertarian
Nope. It was libertarian maybe in 2013 and even then it was only /pol/.
>>
>>3012619
>mental illness
There you go again. You can't just call whatever you want a mental illness because it makes you uncomfortable. Also trannies don't want to "kill themselves" because of their sex, they want to transition to another gender they feel will better fit their identity.
>>
>>3012638
>literally being triggered by the sight of your penis to the point of suicide
>not mental illness
Textbook BDD
>>
>>3012644
Dude are you even reading my posts or are you just talking to yourself?

What makes you think all trannies want to kill themselves?
>>
>>3012651
Mental illness.
>>
File: trannies sudoku.png (13KB, 589x346px) Image search: [Google]
trannies sudoku.png
13KB, 589x346px
>>3012651
>>
>>3012664
NiBBa you're a broken record

>>3012671
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diathesis%E2%80%93stress_model
>>
>>3012619
>Nope. It was libertarian maybe in 2013 and even then it was only /pol/.

4chan has never been about censorship or telling people what to do with their own bodies. Most of the outrage against SJWs has been because SJWs have been telling people what to do and making a fuss, as in they are not liberal enough for 4chans tastes. You will never find real traditionalists here unless its some sad sack from /49k/ or something who thinks a traditional society would have handed them a QT waifu for some reason. Maybe that's why so many are into anime.
>>
>>3012683

Correction, I meant /r9k/.
>>
>>3012671
>What makes you think trannies want to kill themselves?
Source on why
>Yeah but here's why they want to kill themselves so it doesn't count
>>
>>3012682
If your "stressful life experience" translates to realizing you have a penis, it's a mental illness.

>>3012683
>4chan has never been about censorship
I wish. You can unironically get banned for racism on most boards outside of /pol/.
>>
>>3012690
They want to kill themselves because they're fucking insane, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>3012694
>Didn't even read the page before saying the same thing again
Truly amazing how people like you managed to learn how to turn on a computer.
>>
>>3012710
Well then try to make your point in a coherent manner because so far you're only asking rhetorical questions and acting like an all around retard.
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>3012720
Oh the irony
>>
>>3003990
Love how you jam your foot into your mouth.

The Philistines were the modern, civilized, educated people of their area, virtually Hellenized 100%.
>>
>>3012740
>Philistines
>Hellenized
They perished long before hellenization happened.
>>
>>3012694
>I wish. You can unironically get banned for racism on most boards outside of /pol/.

Its takes a lot of off-topic faggotry to get banned for racism. People generally don't want to hear it when the board is based around mecha anime or comic books or whatever. Support strong forum borders, why do you want to globalize 4chan into an entire /pol/ website? The guys who keep making off-topic race threads in /k/ or where-ever will only turn the boards culture against /pol/. Don't be cancer.
>>
>>3012748
No, the jannies and mods are just trigger happy as fuck. So whenever some dickhead reports you for saying nigger, chances are the ban will go through.
>>
>>3012213
Singapore is possibly the most overrated place in the world. I'm not sure why people think a city state can be compared to non city states when the former doesn't even have to deal with half the issues the latter does. Japan's development is more impressive than anything Singapore has done. Unlike Singapore they didn't sit on the one of the largest trading hubs in the world, had to deal with problems of scale and the difficulty that comes with managing a large area, and had a far more complex set of political situations and elites unlike the politics of a city. Those that see the dominance of PAP being solely due to Lee Kuan Yew's somewhat authoritarian methods ignore how easy it is to establish dominance in the simple politics of city life. There are plenty of cities in the US and elsewhere that have been ruled by the same party for decades.

With Rome people acknowledge that ruling over a it when it was a city state and ruling over it when it after Roman territories vastly increased in size are two different things. Some narratives that talk about the decline of the Republic will say that their city state model was incapable of administrating such a large territory or point to how those new territorial gains increased the power of various elites who would end up fracturing Rome that could not be controlled that well outside the confines of the city state model. Yet Singapore is seen as being comparable to states far larger than it and people talk about emulating the Singapore model without any analysis of why that may be difficult to do so even for other cities like Tokyo.
>>
>>3012754
Maybe because it kept happening all the time and people got fed up with off-topic shitposting derailing everything and ruining conversation?

/pol/. is legitimately this generations version of those annoying as fuck Furies from the mid-2000s, the ones who brought up their furyness everywhere and got dramatic as fuck about 'fursecution'. That's /pol/ right now.
>>
>>3012770
Nope. Have you read global rule 3?
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies
>racism
Now note this rule is obsolete as fuck for obvious reasons yet the racism part is still enforced. If you really want a board without censorship then make your own on 8ch or elsewhere, but pretending 4chan is free of censorship is apex comedy.
>>
>>3012784
>but pretending 4chan is free of censorship is apex comedy.

We are not one board here, there are divisions for a reason, and yes we do have rules. So yeah, some censorship has to apply but you can just go to /pol/, nobodies stopping you. The only thing trying to bring race into other boards will do is make 4chan an unattractive place to discus the topics relevant to said boards, which would kill 4chan.

Stop acting like a victim.
>>
>>3012743
Oh, I forgot. A complete and utter lack of historical knowledge has to be presented at all times.

There were at least two migrations, the first being the Ionians and Aeolians, which resulted in Mycenaean Greece by the 16th century BC, and the second, the Dorian invasion, around the 11th century BC, displacing the Arcadocypriot dialects, which descended from the Mycenaean period.

Philistines: a member of a non-Semitic people of ancient southern Palestine, who came into conflict with the Israelites during the 12th and 11th centuries BC.
>>
File: 1468727176572.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1468727176572.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4

>american religious ceremony
>>
>>3012743
How does it feel getting your shit pushed in that bad?
>>
>>3012801
>4chan has never been about censorship
>okay 4chan has censorship stop whining
Nice backpedaling. Also calling someone a nigger or a kike isn't /pol/, it's been here long before /pol/.
>>
>>3012812
What do you mean?
>>
>>3012813

Your not going to get banned for saying either of those words right now. The point was you have to shit up the board with off-topic faggotry to get kicked.

And I obviously meant 4chan was never about censorship in the real world, as in telling people you can't think this or that way. Trying to keep standards for conversational purposes is a different kettle of fish. Believe it or not, 4chan is personal property and breaking the rules set by owners of said personal property doesn't infringe on your free speech rights.
>>
>>3012841
>Your not going to get banned for saying either of those words right now.
It happened to me in the past, so yes you can be banned for it.

>telling people you can't think this or that way
That's not what censorship means. Furthermore your entire application of the word is outright idiotic since you equated some anon (me) calling trannies mentally ill to censorship, which is just nonsensical.
>>
>>3012855
>waaah they banned me fucking kikes!!
get fucked stormbaby
>>
>>3012855
>It happened to me in the past, so yes you can be banned for it.

If its off topic than its off topic. Same reason why you can't post MLP stuff everywhere, but you do have a place designed for just your sort of opinions that is actually on topic. So I would argue you are not getting censored, just getting removed for being a shitty cross-poster.

>equated some anon (me) calling trannies mentally ill to censorship,

I didn't say you couldn't have that opinion. How was that censorship?
>>
>>3012867
No need to be mad buddy.

>>3012884
>calling someone a nigger in a post equals the post is off topic
Not how it works, sorry.

>I didn't say you couldn't have that opinion. How was that censorship?
No, you implied I was for censorship.
>>
>>3012890
I love how you whining faggots complain about censorship when you stumble upon dissenting opinions that go against your groupthink mentaility. Classic persecution complex.

So get fucked. If you want a safespace feel free to go back to r/thedonald or whatever shithole you came from.
>>
>>3012920
The only one whining is you, probably because you're a tranny.
>>
>>3012923
I'm not the one shitting a completely unrelated thread with my persecution complex. You fags are just as obnoxous as the trannies and SJWs you wage your imaginary wars against.

As i said, go back to your safe space.
>>
>>3012943
OK my man. It's not worth getting worked up over, dude.
>>
File: in 20 years cat.jpg (27KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
in 20 years cat.jpg
27KB, 361x361px
>>3012969

Don't try to act above it all like that when you were contributing to this conversation too.
>>
>>3012979
This thread is utter shit and /int/ cancer to begin with, so straying off topic was probably a positive.
>>
>>3012768
Singapore did have a number of advantages, such as its geographical location which made it easy for Singapore to become one of the largest trading hubs in the world, but it also had a number of disadvantages, such as high level of racial and linguistic heterogeneity. Even though city-states are easier to administer than nation states due to their smaller size, they also face a significantly higher risk of being invaded, and there was a real possibility that some of Singapore's neighbors would try to overtake it. It is easy to establish dominance over a city-state, but it is as easy to overthrow the government of a city-state, and soon after Singapore gained independence, there was a high probability that its government would be overthrown by political extremists, such as communists or ethnonationalists. In other words, all of the advantages of city-states in general and Singapore in particular that you have mentioned are balanced by disadvantages that I have just listed.
>>
>>3013007
>there was a real possibility that some of Singapore's neighbors would try to overtake it.
Like who? I agree that city states are far more vulnerable but when Singapore formally divorced from Malaysia invading your neighbors like that was largely unacceptable.

>such as high level of racial and linguistic heterogeneity
None of that was unique to Singapore. Malaysia which they broke away from suffered from the same issues. The political extremists in Singapore were small time and easily crushed compared to others that would starts wars that would end up ripping apart states.

> In other words, all of the advantages of city-states in general and Singapore in particular that you have mentioned are balanced by disadvantages that I have just listed.
I don't see how. All but one of the disadvantages you listed are not unique to city states and either ceased to be issues (political extremists) in Singapore or were managed in such a way that they never became an explosive issue (racial heterogeneity). One of the many advantages of being a city state is unlike other cities within a states they don't have to deal with the state or federal government and their leaders to not have the manage the web of federal/state/local/special interests.
>>
>>3003991
This is such an American comment.

>Hey I kinda heard that place was alright from cleetus.
>>
>>3011952

>He knows who was really behind the attacks

You mean the Achmeds in Arabia that the likes of Dubya and Daddy cut deals with?
>>
>>3003991
let me guess, you're 1/16th irish?
>>
>>3005635
>vs having no evidence whatsoever
yeah, ill take "on record" over that anyday dipshit
>>
File: IMG_1040.png (133KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1040.png
133KB, 750x1334px
>>3013315
I'm Russian.
>>
>>3013336

You're talking to a Deplorable. Don't bensurprised if he says there were dinosaurs on Noah Ark's who were later ridden by Aryan Jesus.
>>
>>3006168
>you put a little giel and little boy, both age 5, in a garden and see who will be squashing bugs
probably both of them, have you never seen a little girl before? they don't give a shit until they're like 7 or 8 and might never give a shit if they're raised a certain, anyone with kids should know this. There is a marked difference between a girl born on a farm and a girl born in the suburbs, this is an example Im sure your more familiar with
>>
>>3013311
>yes stupid goyim it was the Arabs
>>
Am I the only one who posts on both sides of an argument just so I can win at least once in every thread?
>>
>>3004017

C student that got in because of his name.
>>
>>3013362

>Pol now supports Muslims
>>
Thread reminder that We Wuz Kangz is an American speciality.
>>
>>3013353

>muh upbringing
>>
>>3003990
Because it suits the needs of our political parties and corporations who get better electoral turnouts and consumer spending by promoting emotional, instinctual responses. We still get ahead because we provide lots of opportunities for those who can and want to rise above all that to aspire to greater intellectual and academic pursuits. Usually for the benefit of our political parties and corporations however.
>>
File: 1414595965614.jpg (37KB, 495x454px) Image search: [Google]
1414595965614.jpg
37KB, 495x454px
>>3003990
>Oh look, another Eurocunt who believes every hearsay about the States that reaches his sheltered ears
>and he proceeds to call Americans ignorant
Hello, pot. Meet kettle
>>
>>3013353
Actually all research points to the fact there are gendered behavioral patterns that are innate, independent on upbringing and environment.

>our hormonal makeup is different
>our skeletal frame is different
>our pain threshold is different
>our skulls are different
>our visions are different
>our spatial awareness is different
>our strength, stamina and agility is different
>BUT OUR BRAINS AND BEHAVIOR IS THE EXACT SAME UNLESS WE GET RAISED DIFFERENTLY HUUUURRRRRR
Blank statism was a mistake, it's literally a fucking religion at this point, a pseudo science.
>>
>>3003991
Throw enough shit at a wall and some of it is bound to stick.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.