[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islam & Middle East in the Good Old Days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Islam-1.jpg (84KB, 994x558px) Image search: [Google]
Islam-1.jpg
84KB, 994x558px
Disregarding the shit show that is now in the middle east, not pointing fingers at whose fault it is, but it wasn't always so shit right?? Like take the year 700 for example...Muslims Jews and Christians lived together in the caliphate in peace (not taking into account the wars with the byzantine empire), women weren't oppressed (citation needed?), people weren't killed for renouncing Islam....how else was Arabia different in the year 700 compared to now?
>>
>people weren't killed for renouncing Islam
they were and that was still a law, but there was no real reason to because life was good in the caliphate
>>
>>3001670
People back then were unironically less religious than today. Jzst read marco polos accounts on the islamic countries he has been to.
>>
also
>women weren't oppressed
that has to take into account your definition of oppressed, women could not own land or pursue any profession they wanted and didn't have what we typically define as "freedom". However as mentioned before quality of life was unparalleled and if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>3001682
my mistake. but yeah thats what i was trying to say - 'life was good in the caliphate'.
>>
>>3001682
>>3001700
is there some online material I could read about life around that time? Wiki is alright but its too general
>>
>>3001682
>>3001702

fun fact, before they kill the person they have to ask him if he would repent, and only need verbal agreement, so almost none get's killed for renouncing islam unless they're trying to make a point or something
>>
>>3001683
marco polo wasn't alive in the year 700 you fucking retard
>>
>>3001670
It already wasn't shitty after 2003, let alone 700

This generation includes some of the worst people who ever lived, that's the real issue

Which is why they recruit brainwashed monkeys to take a truck and do their bidding

Both east and west are losing discipline, that's why this happens, I guarantee there would be fewer attackers if they had corporal punishment
>>
>>3001670
>women weren't oppressed

Women are still not oppressed in the Middle East, unless you are a tumblrina who thinks that being forced to dress modestly is "oppression". Besides, the only Middle Eastern countries where women are forced to dress modestly modestly are Iran and Saudi Arabia. In all other countries in this region women and men are more or less "equal".
>>
File: 1497870608806.jpg (217KB, 1004x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497870608806.jpg
217KB, 1004x768px
>>3001884
This desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.