[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Spanish Empire must be the bigger historical meme ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: spain.jpg (189KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
spain.jpg
189KB, 1000x667px
>putting down a flag and coloring the map means you 'own' the land
>steals tons and tons of gold and silver (not to mention cash crops) but still manages to have a failed economy
during the Victorian period, when even Belgium became a colonial power Spain managed to> consistently loose colonial possessions
>now it's a Greece tier shithole

How the hell do you go from having everything to being the laughing stock of the continent? What went wrong?
>>
You killed a thread for this
>>
>What went wrong?
Frog style Republicanism, civil war, weak monarchs. Rinse and repeat from The 1700's onwards.
>>
>>3001409
>from The 1700's onwards.
You mean from the 1800's onwards
>>
>>3001383
>Spainish is one of the worlds most spoken language and incredibly popular for foreigners wanting to learn a different language
I'd say it was beyond a meme sure it fucked up but still very impactful even beyond language
>>
Civil wars and Napoleon.
>>
>>3001383
The masonic thread of the day.It lasted the longest out of any european empire and had the biggest cultural and religious impact on the entire planet.I am sorry that you fucking lmasons just love destruction of pure and unadultered good
>>
Just read about the spanish xix century it's almost sad the lose of the colonies combined with the ideological division of the country basically destroyed them from within
>>
>>3001383

>and coloring the map means you 'own' the land
I thought that you were talking about the Spanish Empire, not the British one.

Weak Troll.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.