[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facial Hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: c56d655a391912dd4f13281.jpg (86KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
c56d655a391912dd4f13281.jpg
86KB, 389x600px
Why were beards so popular in the 19th Century and why did they die out in the 20th? Why are they coming back now in the 21st century?
>>
>>2996488
fashion.
>>
>>2996488
gasmasks
>>
>>2996488
Heard that it's a reaction to being in hyper civilized society and that the trends of shaving and growing chase each other throughout history.
>>
>>2996488
metapostmodern-strucuralism dicatates that beards are patriarchal and must be removed so the media disseminated subliminal advertisinal propoganda to cut facial hair. but now they want men to grow again because they are preparing our masculinities for global conventional war in preperation for a satanic ritual that involves the death of all men
>>
>>2996488

AAAAH, those disgusting beards again.
They are only used to hide facial expression.
Bearded men look like animals, AAAAH!
>>
>>2998139
>They are only used to hide facial expression.
lol what
>>
>>2998162
That is what Schopenhauer says. Read the world as will and representation, if you wanna check it.
>>
>>2996488
>why is x popular
Just a trend, no one can possibly know
>why did they die out
Gas masks from the war combined with all the heroes returning to their countries being clean shaven from military service, so presumably they would be idolised
>>
>>2996488
>Why were beards so popular in the 19th Century
Its the age of true men
>and why did they die out in the 20th?
The same age when the west die out
>Why are they coming back now in the 21st century?
Muslims
>>
>>2998747
excepts beard has a long ancient history of coming and going out of fashion since the oldworld.
>>
I want moustaches to come back.
>>
>>2996843
That's half a meme, let me tell you why; sure, gas masks will not seal sell if there's hair in the way, that's a fact. Its why Firefighters only ever grow moustaches, so their respirators function properly. But due to the awful conditions of trenches in WW1, it was far more important for men to shave their heads and beards to avoid getting lice. Lice not only suck, but they spread germs, which is deadly.

So the more important aspect of "no more beards" was field sanitation. Militaries continue to do it for uniformity and professionalism, but the most common reason given is, "so the gas mask can seal properly." But since chemical warfare isn't really much of a concern anymore, we can come to the conclusion that it's simply for uniformity purposes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.