[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some examples of civilizations sharing some aspects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

What are some examples of civilizations sharing some aspects of their mythology. The greeks and egytians both had sphinx's.
>>
dragons
>>
Japan and Korea both have shapeshifting foxes that seduce men and eat their livers.
>>
>>2996287

It is extremely common to the point of being universal that mythology is invariably shared by neighbouring peoples. I can't think of a single mythological trope, archetype or monster that is unique to a single mythology.
>>
>>2996352
>The Bunyip
>>
>>2996359
>the bunyip appears to have formed part of traditional Aboriginal beliefs and stories throughout Australia
>>
>>2996361
Africa? Really?

Source please?
>>
>>2996365

Reading is hard, huh?
>>
>>2996287

The zodiac was established in the Neolithic and spread throughout the world
>>
>>2996367
>throughout the world

Not quite, the zodiac we use dates to the Sumerians but the Chinks and Indians still use their own zodiacs and of course many other peoples used to have a different zodiac before European conquest.
>>
>>2996366
I'm actually fascinated by the snippet of text you've given me but I want to verify the sources.

Thanks for insulting me though.
>>
>>2996375

Source is wikipedia and you insulted yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunyip
>>
>>2996328
sexy
>>
>>2996376
Thanks.
>>
>>2996361
>>2996375
>>2996376
Fuck me, I'm retarded and misread.

I apologize.
>>
>>2996388

Being Anon means never having to apologize for being an idiot. Just tell me to get fucked or something.
>>
File: NineTailsFox.jpg (14KB, 219x209px) Image search: [Google]
NineTailsFox.jpg
14KB, 219x209px
Chinese mythological beings tend to also be in Korean and Japanese myths.

Pic related: prime example.
>mfw Koreaboos and weeabs blame each other's countries for "stealing" it when its Chink all along.
>>
>>2996392
I still want to admit to my mistakes for my own sake.
>>
>>2996444
That's actually very egotistic of you, you stupid faggot
>>
>>2996653
Did I ever deny it was?
>>
The virgin birth.
>>
>>2996287
Pretty much all aspects of mythology are shared if you look.
>>
>>2996359
Well it's a folk memory thing. The aboriginese remember the Australian megafauna. And Indians remember the mammoths.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.