[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Really makes you think.
>>
yeah but that guy is a minority

most people don't give a damn about others (I know I don't)
>>
in most people morality is just cowardliness

prove me wrong
>>
>>2995982
But he only cares about people and how they feel because in turn they reward him and it benefits his ego.

Better than requiring religion for morality rather than simply being moral, but he has no right to talk shit.
>>
>>2995982
atheists' blasphemy is in of itself destructive to other people and themselves. in way far worse than murder or theft
>>
>>2996722
What in your mind is the correct and moral reason to care about people?
>>
>>2996727
How so?
>>
>>2995982
Athiest here who follows that smae line of morality here.
I think the problem is there is nothing stopping you if you ever find yourself in a situation where you simply stop caring.

Christians ( presumably ) belief in hell probably stops them from acting when they hit that point where the benefits outweigh the negative feelings about doing something bad to another person. An Atheist doesn't have that extra incentive.
>>
>>2996730
they become and lead others to become abominations in the eyes of God. Forming murderous cults a la abortion, communism, ignoring the law. Which are eventually executed by God and then tortured
>>
>>2996727
This. Atheists directly cause people to burn in hell forever by leading them away from Christ. Same with Proselytizing Jews and Muslims. That is as bad as murder or rape. The destruction of one's soul. Hell has a special place for Hitchens and Harris types who themselves have directly caused the destructions of many souls.
>>
>>2996739
lol fundies
>>
>>2996729
I don't really think morality can be clearly defined for everyone. I don't claim to know what morals are "best."

I think the only real universal moral in societies is to not kill without reason, yet what qualifies as a reason to kill can vary widely.

That being said, I really think the only people that most people have genuine concern for and care about are direct family members and people they have very strong social bonds with such as lovers or lifelong friends. Everything else is just "kindness" where kindness is expected in return.

To be honest, your question actually made me reflect on my inner convictions. Thanks for that.
>>
>>2995982

>Religion
>Morals

Pick one. The basis of Abrahamic religions is that you have to worship God. If you don't, then it doesn't matter whether you're a good person or not, you'll end up in hell anyway.
>>
>>2996719
not wanting to be killed for no reason != cowardice

lest not being retarded is cowardly
>>
>>2996748
Well I wouldn't be so quick to spurn natural empathy as only a self-centered transaction. You'd be setting the morality bar too high where the only truly moral people are the ones who universally love all humans beings without qualification.
>>
>>2996813
That's fair I suppose.
>>
>>2996742
I was under the assumption that everything was God's doing. He created the atheists that lead his sheep away. How is it their fault, if there really is a God who created everything? If they were destined to abandon the faith by the very god they were abandoned, how could they have possibly averted the will of the supreme architect? This has always puzzled me.
>>
>>2996832
Shhh, he just wants to hate The Other, don't spoil this for him.
>>
File: image.gif (342KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
342KB, 300x250px
>>2996849
Thanks for the (you), but I'm genuinely interested. He's already got his religion if he needs a fairy tale to listen to, I'll be fine breaking this bubble. Besides, I'm genuinely interested in this, since this idea was one of the main catalysts behind me switching from Christianity to agnosticism in 2015.
>>
>>2996742
>Atheists directly cause people to burn in hell forever by leading them away from Christ.
Exactly. I will never respect those who bring that cruel fate onto others.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.