[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, what nation had the greatest mythology? Based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0579.jpg (122KB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0579.jpg
122KB, 850x1206px
In your opinion, what nation had the greatest mythology?

Based on narrative and aesthetics, I'd say Rome.
>>
Obviously Greece and Rome. Contrarians are going to cite some more "exotic" one, but let them.
>>
>>2995858
Aztec. That thicc story was based
>>
File: achilles and ajax playing dice.jpg (144KB, 992x650px) Image search: [Google]
achilles and ajax playing dice.jpg
144KB, 992x650px
>>2995858

rome if you want to talk about founding myth, national/tribal myth. the link with troy and aeneas, the descent from mars, the twin brothers,... is beautiful and strong.

but if you are talking about purely mythology the hellenes reign supreme.

the iliad is in my opinion still a work of absolute perfection.

also the enormous amount of it makes it incredible. the iliad, the odyssey, metamorphosen compiled by ovid, Oedipus tragedy, the argonauts, Heracles, perseus, theseus, the titans, the gigants,...
>>
File: moshe.jpg (482KB, 1283x1600px) Image search: [Google]
moshe.jpg
482KB, 1283x1600px
>>2995858
Easily the Jews. Half of America still believes in their mythology and founding myth, you can't say that for any other group.
>>
>>2995928
>burger: the post

If by half of America you mean half of the world, then yeah.
>>
>>2995858
the levant
it influenced
- greeks
- romans
- jews
>>
File: grimmwateroflife.jpg (148KB, 539x760px) Image search: [Google]
grimmwateroflife.jpg
148KB, 539x760px
Germany is pretty cool. I went on a month long hiking trip and brought the brothers grimm with me. I'd say it's closer to folklore than mythology but that's kind of saying pepsi and coke are leagues apart.
>>
The Greeks, obviously. Romans just stole their shit and renamed it but they kept kissing greek ass until the late empire. Greek mythology has a deeper philosophical meaning than the folklore and pantheons of the time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.