[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>needs son because no English monarch before Elizabeth I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: henry81540c.jpg (487KB, 834x999px) Image search: [Google]
henry81540c.jpg
487KB, 834x999px
>needs son because no English monarch before Elizabeth I had ever successfully passed the throne onto a daughter, without the kingdom falling into turmoil and the family being killed off soon after
>has son with mistress Elizabeth Blount, but the bastard dies in childhood
>wants to divorce his aged, time capsule of a wife Catherine; but her nephew "Holy" "Roman" "Emperor" Charles V has recently sacked Rome and taken Pope Clement hostage.
>Charles had recently betrayed Henry by negotiating a separate peace while both Kingdoms were at war with France, and wasn't going to let Clement rule in Henry's favor for a divorce (despite the Pope's personal liking of Henry, especially after he attacked Martin Luther). Charles begins eyeing, if not the absorption of England's possessions into the HRE, a Habsburg on England's throne
>breaks with Habsburg puppet state that was Rome once he realizes Charles is basically running the church; still taking great pains to ensure the "Church of England" remained as sacramentally and theologically "Catholic" as possible (even if politically it was no more)

>Irish-Catholic liars and shitposters in America and Canada bitch that "Henry VIII only left the church to get his dick wet" and that "he should've realized it was his fault he couldn't produce male children"
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 150x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 150x206px
>>2994957
Charles or no Charles the church teaches that divorce from a sacramentally valid marriage is impossible and that having affairs with other women is adultery. Henry VII wanted to have more sex but couldn't because the church and Christs teachings condemn that as sinful and reprobate. So he created his own church to sanction a sexually immoral lifestyle. He destroyed the shrines of st Thomas a becket and st Richard of Chichester to remove the memory of holy churchmen who defended catholic truth against those who persecuted them using secular governmental power. It is true that the Church of England initially from 1535-1547 remained sacra mentally valid but soon after the Edwardine reforms became Protestant after the priesthood was abolished and most of the sacraments were removed or calvinized.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.