[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>2990617
No.
>>
no but it's a damn good game
>>
>>2990617
>/his/
>videogame where appear titans and other mythological creatures
>accurate
What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>2990702
I assume he meant accurate to their respective mythologies, which they aren't at that.
>>
>>2990766
what are some mythological inaccuracies in the game?
>>
>>2990776
Off the top of my head, and bear in mind, I have a casual interest in all three mythologies but am not an expert in any. Also, they're taking three mythologies and portraying them as contemporaneous when they were literally thousands of years apart:

>Greeks
Poseidon has no link to wanting Cronos and his gang to return, there's not even the faintest of allusions to that one.
Any cyclops that would try to so flagrantly defy the will of the Gods would be turned into a rabbit or something.
Why has Ajax been turned into an idiot? Sure, he's no Odysseus, but he's depicted as fairly clever and cunning. Also, of course, he doesn't kill himself, and in game survives the Trojan war to go adventuring with you guys.
Odysseus adventures around a lot, to be sure, but he never gets up to the Norselands, he's pretty much stuck in the Mediterranean.

>Egyptians
This one is weird, because Egyptian mythology was around for literally millenia and wasn't constant throughout that time. They seem to be going for a "bad guy Set", but by the time you have that, you also had the full merging of Ra and Horus, which is not represented in game. When you have gods like Osiris as prominent, other gods like Anubis and Thoth weren't; their cults would wax and wane over the centuries.

Also, Egyptian mythology very rarely had the weird supernatural creatures as servants of the Gods. Usually they were dangerous foreign elements, to be banished or destroyed by the Gods acting through the Pharaoh. The idea of an army of ordinary human troops, being led by the Pharoh, supplemented by laser shooting crocodiles or carried by Rocs (an Arabian creature anyway) would have been befuddling to actual Egyptians of the New Kingdom.
>>
>>2990776
>>2990839
>Norse
To start off, this one is far later than the others; there were no Norse that we know of around the time of the Trojan war, or at least when the Trojan war is usually depicted at.

Dwarves do not associate with humans, or even really with the Gods. They have no particular connection to Thor, other than Brokk and the other one whose name I'm blanking on making his hammer, but that was a one time thing.
Where are the Alfar? The Vanir?
Most of the monsters summoned have zero connection to the God that allows you to summon them. Einherjar are associated with Freyja and Odin, not Heimdall. Trolls are never mentioned alongside Forseti, and Njord has no connection to mountain giants.
In addition, the whole plotline in the campaign of breaking Thor's hammer and putting it back together is absurd; it's not even clear the hammer can be broken (it fucking survives Ragnarok), and the last time it was lost, it was an existential crisis for the Aesir, with stop at nothing to get it back from Thrym response. In the game, it's just kind of lackadaisically noted.
>>
>>2990839
>>2990841
thanks anon
>>
prostagma
>>
File: peip.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
peip.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>2990617
>"Was it accurate?"
>ancient Greeks and Egyptians existing alongside 11th century Vikangz
No but it made me appreciate how fucking ass backwards white people were before Romans taught them culture and art.
>>
>>2990933
vulome
>>
>>2990944
thireftis
>>
>>2990957
Etimos
>>
>>2990965
kalos
>>
>>2990965
>>2990957
>>2990944
>>2990933
YERVE YAO SUMTICH
>>
>SKOPOS?

this game is spot on, it's actually an accurate rendering of history itself.
>>
>>2990978
>TIL ORRUSTUSLAG
>>
>>2990617
Well, at least Woden has only one eye.
>>
>>2990941
>11th century
Lmao, try 3rd century, butthead.
>>
>>2990994
SKIPAN?
>>
I'd rather play age of empires 2 desu
Age of mythology is plebian as heck
>>
File: piep.jpg (21KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
piep.jpg
21KB, 258x245px
>>2991001
>Housecarls
>existing outside medieval Scandinavia
So fucking assbackwards.
>>
>>2991008
ÉG VIl. (yer vil)
>>
>>2991011
>Charging battle boars, ulfsarks, and einherjar into minotaurs, hoplites and collosi
>Plebeian
>>
KILAS MAKAY
>>
>>2991027
>needing childish fantasy elements in an rts
Full plebian
>>
>>2991045
>Not enjoying mythological concepts

You can enjoy aoe2 and aom, buckaroo.
>>
>>2990841
The other dwarf's name is Ettri.
>>
File: tumblr_m362ixx5U81qecd2bo1_1280.jpg (969KB, 1097x1174px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m362ixx5U81qecd2bo1_1280.jpg
969KB, 1097x1174px
>>2990617
Was the Chinese expansion any good?
>>
>>2990941
>It's yet another "Romans and Greeks weren't white"-bait

very creative wording, wow you sure must have fetched alot of replies with your thoughtful bro-science skin-color-based judgement!
>>
>>2991317
Ah, that was it, thanks.

>>2991476
How the fuck did he bend his spine like that?
>>
>>2991916
Ancient Chinese secret.
>>
>>2991476

their bodies are broken
>>
>>2991476
what is this position called?
>>
>>2990941
>Romans
>not white
>>
>>2991476
Not really
>>
>>2992506

The paraplegic
>>
>>2991008
Sket han?
>>
>>2990933

Fucking kek.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.