[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Spanish-Conquest-1200x900.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Spanish-Conquest-1200x900.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
Initial forces to besiege Tenochtitlan
Tlacopan - Pedro de Alvarado
30 horses, 18 crossbowmen and gunsmiths, 150 pawns of sword and round, 25,000 Tlaxcalans.
Iztapalapa - Gonzalo de Sandoval

24 horses, 4 gunsmiths, 13 crossbowmen, 150 pawns of sword and round, 30,000 allies of Huejotzingo, Cholula and Chalco.

Why is the idea that a few hundred spanish conruered the new world even tought in school? when preatty much the army was indigenous.
>>
>>2989565
It's all about making white people guilty.
>>
>>2989565
>Why is the idea that a few hundred spanish conruered the new world even tought in school?

The few hundred Spanish were the ones who got everything together, made the big decisions etc. Yes, the natives were already there, but all it took was a few hundred spanish added to a situation where they were statistically irrelevant to change the future of the whole region.
>>
Well like >>2989672 says they were the ones who got the ball rolling and at the end of the war they came out as new rulers rather than their allies.

In a military perspective the Spanish were dis proportionally effective but I am not sure if they would have stood a chance without native support.
>>
>>2989565

Because a few hundred Spanish conquered the new world. They played the pivotal role in defeating the Aztecs and they clearly came out on top in the end.
>>
>>2989565
>topple local bully empire with a few hundred men
>plunder entire continent
>create a new race you raped the locals so hard
I wonder.
>>
>>2989733
Right. I believe the most one-sided battle in recorded history took place when a few ranks of Spaniards killed something like seven thousand Aztec warriors, with the only Spanish loss being a wound to the hand of the Spanish commander.
>>
File: 1497208527190.jpg (71KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497208527190.jpg
71KB, 1024x1024px
>>2990057
>>
Obviously they could had never conquer the incas if it weren't for the civil war and the smallpox.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.