[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think cultural heritage should be preserved? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0091.jpg (64KB, 736x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
64KB, 736x422px
Do you think cultural heritage should be preserved? Why?
>>
>>2987374
>Do you think cultural heritage should be preserved?
Yes
>Why?
It's my opinion
>>
File: 253636.png (104KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
253636.png
104KB, 500x325px
>>2987374
No, because that creates identity and identity is retarded.
>>
>>2987404
He's creating violence by telling me how to think and live
>>
File: holo.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
holo.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
>>2987404
Identity is necessary.
>>
>>2987404
t. Rootless Cosmopolitan
>>
>>2987411
In creating violence and dividing people with unnecessary bullshit? sure.
>>
File: medic.png (216KB, 400x733px) Image search: [Google]
medic.png
216KB, 400x733px
>>2987425
When has any society been founded on a lack of identity?
>>
>>2987374
nah

culture is a side-effect of habits anyway and not really important enough to get in the way of good progress

only tradition that I feel is important is the rule of law, everything else can be replaced by something better.
>>
>>2987404
>Identity shouldn't exist
Radical behaviorism is debunked, you're the left wing equivalent of a creationist.
>>
>>2987374
Western heritage should be preserved because its good, all other heritages are trash and should be discarded
>>
>>2987408
He just shared his thoughts
>>
>>2987833
t. Rational "Skeptic"
>>
Yes because culture provides an identity for the weak minded, myself included, to fall back on when they fail to construct an identity of their own in their early adulthood.
Not sure how small ethnicites are supposed to maintain their culture in a realistic way though and you've got to take into account the destructive influence that multiculturalism has on ethnic cultures.
Ireland has done this fairly well though right? Or do most irish see having gaelic everywhere as just being LARPing?
>>
>>2987374
yes

it makes people happy
>>
>>2987374

Khaldun was the one that coined the term asabiya which means social cohesiveness which explains the rise and decline of civilization.

Cultural heritage preserves asabiya.
>>
Why is Ibn Khaldun so underrated? Literally almost nobody in the West knows about him. Man was based.
>>
>>2988566
I think because his theory of civilizational cycle goes against the whig view of history which progressives tend to like.
>>
File: 1491358501055.png (775KB, 9606x5725px) Image search: [Google]
1491358501055.png
775KB, 9606x5725px
>>2988597
>whig view of history which progressives tend to like.
Do they actually believe that nonsense? Anyone who read about the Greek Dark Ages ,and the Sea peoples invasion of Egypt will know that is utter Hogwash. Once the Automation of Jobs is complete, and Climate Change turns Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East into gigantic Ovens. Let's see if Progressives think History is simply Linear Progress.
>>
>>2988507
>Cultural heritage preserves asabiya.

No
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.