[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a Theodore Roosevelt thread? This guy was a total badass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Can we get a Theodore Roosevelt thread? This guy was a total badass
>>
File: cry.jpg (161KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
161KB, 620x412px
>>2985431
>a militaristic progressive with a love for nature
will we ever have another teddy?
>>
File: He really was one of the best.jpg (146KB, 676x381px) Image search: [Google]
He really was one of the best.jpg
146KB, 676x381px
>>2985431
>Fuck corporations
>Fuck Spain
>Fuck asthma too
>I like trees and animals
>I also like guns, battle ships, and people having guns.
>A war with Spain? I'm gonna fight in that.
>I can't leave my office? Fuck you.
>I'm gonna get a bunch of miners, cowboys, trick shooters, and whoever else and make my own regiment.

and then he became president.

>>2985445
God I hope so...
>>
File: ranger.jpg (271KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
ranger.jpg
271KB, 1280x896px
>>2985431
One of the greatest presidents we ever had (barring Calvin Coolidge)
>>
>hold speech
>get shot
>keep the speech going for an hour more before receiving medical help

sorry OP, but they don't make em like that nowadays
>>
>>2985901
>Write speech so verbose it helps stop bullets
>get shot
>don't just finish your very long speech about Bull-Moose stuff, but adlib even more
I'd vote Bull-Moose were it an option.
>>
>>2985589
That is one of my favorite historical photographs of all time
>>
Objectively one of the top lads of American history.
He even managed to be best bros with Muir, who was the 19th century equivalent of a tree hugging hippy.
>>
any good reads on him?
>>
File: Teddy Roosevelt's saddest entry.jpg (68KB, 463x700px) Image search: [Google]
Teddy Roosevelt's saddest entry.jpg
68KB, 463x700px
>>2985431
Read up on his time in college just trying to push his way through societies and fraternities

>>2987235
There's always what he wrote himself. "The New Nationalism" is great
>>
>>2986699
That's not hard to imagine since Roosevelt was a tree hugging hippy as well.
>>
People try to discredit him by saying he was just a guy who never grew out of the kid phase of liking cowboys and indian shit and playing soldier, but he fucking did it and was good at it.
>>
>>2988354
That's just it. He was told as a young kid to be what he wanted most in the world. Why grow out of that kind of hyper-positive and progressive mindset? It gave him health. It have him wealth. It have him political power. The guy helped the French and Germans stop being assholes for a decade over a chunk of irrelevant land the size of a county
>>
>>2988386
>The guy helped the French and Germans stop being assholes for a decade over a chunk of irrelevant land the size of a county
Are you talking about Alsace-Lorraine? How did Teddy help with that, I'd be interested to know.
>>
>>2988341
Muir wasn't very fond of trophy hunters, which Roosevelt was
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.