[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of the Philippines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: ballcross.jpg (11KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
ballcross.jpg
11KB, 273x185px
Please not the whole 1521 written in books. Thanks
>>
There was no history prior to the Spaniard arrival
>>
>>2984300
simple really. bunch of people doing hoohas and shit

kapampangans were mercenaries and stuff

Ilocandia was china-malay hybrid recognized by the Ming

The bisaya were busy killing each other

Moros were sucking Bruneian dick
>>
>>2984300
an ancient people primarily known for their conflict with the Israelites described in the Bible
>>
>>2984346
/thread
>>
>>2984411
Can we please not be this lazy as a /his/ board ever again? This is not called /Eurohis/ but /his/ implying all histories of the world from ancient to past 25 years.
>>
tell me more about ancient Filipino pirates. pls be serious
>>
Does not matter because we destroyed it and then we created their country.
>>
>>2985461
>>2984411
>>2984346
Seriously guys stop this shit or your post will be reported. If you're so lazy or eurocentric and refuse to be dedicated /his/torians to all types of history than fuck off this board. Either reply with sensible facts on said time period, or if you don't know just don't reply and let the thread be pruned.
>>
>>2985486
There are dedicated history forums populated by actual historians,you might wanna go to. not that it excuses /his/ constant stupidity, but just saying
>>
>>2985448
>yuh eurocentrism
Do you have a better argument than race? To be honest tribalism, fishing boats and blacksmiths are not spectacular, wonderful or masturbatory. I couldn't give 3 shits whether it was white Caledonians or brown Pinoys, it was basically nothing. Why do you care?
>>
>>2985448
If you really want to talk about non Euro topic, at least bring something interesting, for ex. like the history of Khmers, Viets, Thais, Malays, etc. which shares the same region with them
Filipinos is irrelevant even by southeast Asian standard, and >>2984346 is right, history of Philippine prior to Spaniard arrival is equivalent to Taiwan prior to Chinese arrival, which is borderline non existent
>>
if you wanna talk about filipinos include other countries to make it interesting.

this actually seems interesting
http://www.filipiknow.net/visayan-pirates-in-china/
>>
File: moro.jpg (84KB, 531x623px) Image search: [Google]
moro.jpg
84KB, 531x623px
was this pnoy armor based on spanish armor?
>>
>>2984300
They were fierce fighters. When the Americans came to the shore they were BTFO'd which forced them to develop and upgrade their guns.
But that being said... the Philippines had alot of ancient and documented history, but the fucking spainards destroyed almost everything when they took over
All they have left now is a rusty copperplate from around the 10th century that tells that some woman is cleared off her debt by the king of Tondo...
>>2985509
>Filipinos is irrelevant even by southeast Asian standard
Jesus what a dumb post
>>
>They were fierce fighters. When the Americans came to the shore they were BTFO'd which forced them to develop and upgrade their guns.

I think that was just the moros actually. the others didn't fair so well.
>>
While it's true that there are few records in the Philippines before 900 AD, there are plenty between 900 and 1521.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Philippines_(900%E2%80%931521)
>>
>>2985622
Who are the Moros?
>>
>>2985587
tell me about ancient filipino pirates
>>
>>2985575
Looks Turkish/Indian
>>
>>2985647
people usually think of them as mindanao muslims
>>
>>2985655
It could be both. The Philippines had both rajahnates, and sultanates.
>>
>>2985587
Tell me how it's wrong, which country recognises prehispanic Phillipine as civilised? Hell just give one example of a prehispanic filippino building
>>
>>2985674
ayyyyyy
>>
>>2985502
Because that's all part of human history, so naturally I'm interested in it all. I didn't assume you were automatically being Eurocentric, I also said lazy.
>>
>>2985678
Sad
>>
>>2985647
>I think that was just the moros actually. the others didn't fair so well.
Pretty much. The philippine-american war was a very good example of what a lack of adequate training and martial tradition among rank-and-file can do to an army with otherwise competent officers. Doesn't matter how good you are at setting up an ambush or defensive position if your soldiers cannot shoot straight to save their lives, as the battle of Tirad Pass demonstrated.
>>
>>2985674
>Tell me how it's wrong, which country recognises prehispanic Phillipine as civilised?
What do you mean by that? They have writing dating back to 900 BC if you really care.
>Hell just give one example of a prehispanic filippino building
It's not extravagant but there some. They had a vibrant mix of cultures between their Indian and Islamic influence pre-Hispanic iirc.
>>
File: pre-colonialperiod-16-638.jpg (143KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
pre-colonialperiod-16-638.jpg
143KB, 638x479px
>>2985727
Also
>>
how come philippines only had mud huts when their neighbors had grand temples?

search "Ancient Indonesian Archiceture"
>>
>>2985743
stick huts
>>
>>2985743
>how come philippines only had mud huts when their neighbors had grand temples?
>search "Ancient Indonesian Archiceture"
Like always, influence from other nations helps. Indians had been visiting the island since the 2nd century and muslim influence came in 13th.
>>
>>2985743
As >>2985509 said
>>
>>2985770
Indonesia is pretty close the Philippines, some influences couldn't rub off? hell,it doesn't even have to be India. the Philippines is literally just down south of China.
>>
>>2985448
*tips fedora*
>>
>>2985783
difference was that indonesia was along one of the world major trading routes and the phillipines didnt, even today in indonesia you can see that that western island like java and sumatra that was historically major trading post were the most developed while some of the eastern island were still africa tier
>>
File: Golden_belt_Hindu,_.jpg (7KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_belt_Hindu,_.jpg
7KB, 180x240px
>>2985783
>Indonesia is pretty close the Philippines, some influences couldn't rub off?
It did. The royal's and nobility were effectively all Hinduized to an extent. Pic related is a necklace commonly wore by the Brahmin caste.
>hell,it doesn't even have to be India. the Philippines is literally just down south of China.
Well there was trade but I don't think China never invaded Indonesia...
>>
>>2985799
this too
>>
>>2985808
* belt commonly wore
>>
>>2985808
>China never invaded Indonesia...

they did
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java
>>
>>2985486
You are not in any position to make demands or impose conditions.
>>
>>2985818
>Mongols
And I mean they never *successfully* invaded Indonesia, to the extent where they rubbed off on their culture.
>>
baybayin is derived from sanskrit yes?
>>
>>2985787
no.
>>
>>2985826
'm not imposing conditions on authority, I;m just telling him to fuck off with his laziness that he somehow mistakes to be prevalent throughout board.
>>
Good thread
>>
>>2985773
>>2985509
What of the people who lived there before the Spaniards came then(Pinoy, indigenous tribes etc? What was their culture and day life? Is that more specific for you? Obviously Philippines did not exist as a nation or sovereign entity until the Spanish colonized it.
>>
>>2985729
>equivalent
The top right is actually Taino, from the Caribbean.
>>
>>2988253
Top left I mean
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.