[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The middle East.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: AaISiKV.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AaISiKV.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
I'm not sure if this is the right board for this, but oh well.
Why hasn't the US annexed the mid-East countries it occupies at this point?
I know that going to war and conquering isn't economically viable anymore, but the US has expend the better part of 2 decades, and unimaginable amounts of cash, on very unapologetically and very indiscreetly toppling rival governments and trying (and failing) to establish satellite governments all over the region.
And for what? I mean yes, the oil, and the strategic position below the Slavic boogeyman who hasn't been a serious threat for some 30 years now. But they would definitely get to have both of those things if they just made it officially part of the US.

>but if they did that they would be scorned by everyone

Most of the general population, even the most bluepilled people, know what's going on in the middle east, and if they don't then they've simply never cared and probably couldn't even tell you that there is a war being fought down there. Most western governments would probably not say a thing either.

>but then they'd have to make all those people citizens

If they wanna save face, sure, but the US is already importing thousandths of middle-eastern people every year, and will continue to do so on the foreseeable future. Besides if they just annexed the place they would have to pay for their own plane tickets, instead of having them get paid by the american and European governments like it's currently happening.

I cannot talk about economics because idk anything about the global economy. So the only things that I could think would be an issue would be that they'd have a lot more locals turn against them, tho i'm not sure if that'd happen at this point, I would reckon a big chunk of them would just prefer it at this point. That they'd come under criticism by countries like China and Russia, which could be a problem, and maybe that they'd have to carve the land among NATO, if anyone else happens to want some.
>>
>>2983807
Sure, because annexing countries across the world will help subdue suspicions of American imperialism. Let alone nations whose cultures are completely inimical to ours.

As always, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>2983871
Well, having your army pounce around foreign land for 20 years and counting isn't doing your image any favors either. My point is that you have nothing to lose by annexing them at this point, since you've done it in all but name.
>>
we don't need more Puerto Ricos
>>
>>2983807
Because then we would have to go and actually build infrastructure there and that is expensive and time consuming.
>>
File: imagesG8WHHR33.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imagesG8WHHR33.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>2983969
>and add millions to the welfare state
noooo thank you

we will use the oil in extreme cases but its the opium fields that are worth far more
>>
>>2983983
Pretty much this.

The US cant even do Puerto Rico right, and the island just barely makes up 10% of the US population. What makes you think they can govern another 300million?
>>
>>2983984
It is, but I had come to believe that the building sector was one of the most important ones in the US. Hell, it almost feels like you go out of your way to find reasons to build more public infrastructure, since it also mobilizes millions of other industries in the country.

Again, not educated in economics, but if that is the case it could be a good bump to the US local economy, also all the new oil platforms and other stuff that would need to be built and operated.

>>2983993
Puerto Rico is another supposedly independent colony, just like Philippines. It's so shit because the US senate government has no use or interest for it.
I'm not even sure why it was taken in the first place.
>>
>>2983969

You have to be over 18 to be on this website OP.
>>
OP is clearly underaged.
>>
>>2984010
Are you saying that people DON'T see the US as an empire already? Because those criticism are the most common ones towards the country.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.