[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Christianity is true...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: VegetaItsOver9000-02.png (311KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VegetaItsOver9000-02.png
311KB, 640x480px
why are there over 9000 different denominations and sects, each with their own Bibles and interpretations?

How could God allow the "one true faith" to become such a clusterfuck, and why doesn't He return to set everything straight?
>>
Everything is set straight. Saying "Mountain Dew is the one true path to Flavortown" is as crystal clear a statement as one could make, but if you don't like the crisp refreshing taste of Mountain Dew you aren't going to follow it no matter how clear it is.
>>
>>2982614
Okay, so what is the denominational equivalent to Mountain Dew?
>>
File: SDC11150.jpg (367KB, 1009x728px) Image search: [Google]
SDC11150.jpg
367KB, 1009x728px
>>2982614
But which one is the one true flavor?
>>
>>2982599
>Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.

>And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Should be clear enough.
>>
>>2982684
So why doesn't Jesus just wipe out all the fake and heretical churches and leave only the real deal?
>>
>>2982684
t. literally every christian church in history
>>
But he didn't. There are no "denominations", there's only Catholics and heathens.
>>
>>2982760
>So why doesn't Jesus just wipe out all the fake and heretical churches and leave only the real deal?
I do not presume to know God's will, and neither should you. I know only what He said, which I have stated.
>>2982763
>t. literally every christian church in history
Was literally every christian church in history founded by Peter?
>>
>>2982782
>Was literally every christian church in history founded by Peter?

Considering it only fragmented a good few years after Jesus and Peter had that exchange, yeah sort of.
>>
>>2982801
Christianity doesn't follow Peter, they follow Paul. Paul was a schismatic who didn't follow Peter or Jesus (in fact Peter hated him), and true Christianity pretty much died with Peter.
>>
>>2982614
i cant drink mountain dew because it uses corn syrup instead of sugar and Im allergic to corn

why would the mountain dew god create a creature doomed to never find the one true path to Flavortown?

Checkmate Tastiests
>>
>>2982638
Orange.
>>
>>2982801
Firstly, you're not as right as you think you are. Many of the fragmentations were assimilated during the first councils, creating an official doctrine in the wing of the Church.

Secondly, even if you were right, the original sects no longer exist. You would be trying to prove protestant churches were founded by Peter, which would be mind-bogglingly retardef.
>>
File: 6 million dews.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6 million dews.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2982638
original
>>
File: massacre time.jpg (59KB, 824x820px) Image search: [Google]
massacre time.jpg
59KB, 824x820px
>>2982599
he still has an imaginary friend
>>
>>2982844
But the original formula is no longer being sold, is it?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.