[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creationism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: large_creationist_tracts (1).jpg (85KB, 392x600px) Image search: [Google]
large_creationist_tracts (1).jpg
85KB, 392x600px
How did this shit manage to permeate the U.S. so effectively? I mean come on.
>people threw hissy fits in the 20's, leading to the staged Scopes fiasco
>evolution was rarely used in the public achool system
>start to reintroduce it
>the same people who threw hissy fits before are even worse now
>>
File: IMG_1469.png (9KB, 378x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1469.png
9KB, 378x472px
>>2981802
Evolution is a hoax, sweetie, alright?
>>
>>2981850
>>
>>2981802
Religion is a helluva drug. Even the VP is a creationist moron.
>>
>>2981863
Just evangelicals and Catholics. "Mainline Protestants" aren't that retarded.
>>
>sapiens, erectus, and floresiensis are fully human
>naledi and habilis are apes, like a chimp or gorilla
Where did protties go wrong?
>>
>a country literally founded on religious extremism
>surprised religion is a part of its culture

gee
>>
File: Chimpipe.jpg (259KB, 543x647px) Image search: [Google]
Chimpipe.jpg
259KB, 543x647px
>>2982307
>religious extremism
> "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."
They stepped over the line when they pushed for it in public schools.
>>
>>2982366

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Puritans_in_North_America
>>
>>2982397
>puritans were the first british colonists to America
>>
>>2982397
>Puritans
>Americans
hmmm
>>
>>2982397
That was North America (before our nation), not the U.S. itself, which was founded by people of varied faiths.
>>
Elites trying to turn already braindead workforce into an even dumber herd. Turns out divine right is still a very useful asset.
>>
File: PrimalMan_30.jpg (275KB, 468x696px) Image search: [Google]
PrimalMan_30.jpg
275KB, 468x696px
>>2981802
why do I find reading comics by fundamentalists and other extremists to be so extremely pleasing?
>>
>>2982459

Oh man Chick Tracts, /tg/ nostalgia trips.
>>
>>2982415
>>2982408
>>2982421

Puritans are part of United States history, you wanted to know why the US is so much more traditional/religious than Europe, that's why. They were always more conservative. Or do you believe it's just a coincidence that the US is so much more religious than Europe?
>>
>>2981871
The Catholic church endorsed evolution back in the 50s, there is literally no reason for a Catholic to be a YEC.
>>
>>2982678

The US was also considerably more liberal than Europe at times, especially when Europe was still mostly run by monarchs.

The pendulum in the US swings harder due to the political system encouraging the "with us or against us" two party system.
>>
File: taung_child2.jpg (206KB, 548x557px) Image search: [Google]
taung_child2.jpg
206KB, 548x557px
>>2982689
Just like with protties, there's always those few.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.