[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one logical reason why Istanbul should be Greek.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hagia_sophia.jpg (329KB, 1549x1074px) Image search: [Google]
hagia_sophia.jpg
329KB, 1549x1074px
Give me one logical reason why Istanbul should be Greek.
>>
>>2981021
>Greek heritage
>would make t*rks mega butthurt
>>
>>2981024
Turkish butthurt is a good enough reason for literally any public policy.
>>
>>2981021
Here's one why it shouldn't be greek
>Give Istanbul to deadbeat greece
>Istanbul's economy dies
>Becomes a massive 14 million people slum
>>
>>2981021
It shouldn't, the Greeks are too late. There are now more Turks living in Istanbul than there are Greeks living in Greece.
>>
>>2981021
It would experience less terrorist attacks
>>
>>2981054
finally a good justification for an independent kurdistan
>>
>>2981021
They agreed to sign it over when they got BTFO
>>
>>2981427
Blame Ataturk for that
>>
This is one of the stupidest memes. Greece is a pathetic nation who can't deal with their own little country, but they and all the idiots on the Internet claim they somehow deserve it.

Also
>but muh religion
Go free Jerusalem then, it's a much more important Christian city
>>
File: 1457713912416.png (70KB, 554x527px) Image search: [Google]
1457713912416.png
70KB, 554x527px
>>2981473
Why didn't the Entente shut Ataturk down? Why didn't they put it and him down like they did all the time in their colonies?
>>
>>2981499
They tried but he won.
>>
>>2981506
They obviously didn't try hard enough.
>be Turkey
>second fiddle to the second fiddle of germany
>lose
>be Turkey
>all alone with no backing at all
>win
>>
>>2981535
Well Soviets backed Turks in a similar way Greece was backed by Brits during their invasion o Asia minor. But turks victory was a mixture of a lot of reasons. Greek incompetency, soviet arms, general brilliance of Ataturk and his generals etc. Nor turks got totally what they want, Turkey lost his claim of northern iraq and oilfield, they had to allow non warships through the straits but they managed to force brits into the corner of `fuck it, these are enough, its not worth to push further'.
Similar to American war of independence, surely the empire could crush it but the costs outweigh the benefits.

I would say you have to give it to them for struggling tooth and nail, I wish hungary did the same thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.