[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just move on with the times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Why didn't they just move on with the times?
>>
>>2978766
They had assburgers.
>>
>>2978766
Yeah dude just move with the times I mean it's 2017 and you haven't let a refugee breed your wife? Racist much.
>>
The arrival of Western traditions.
Thinking gun power is better than swords.
The Daimyo been bought by the new government, so no need of more samurais.
>>
>>2978766
>Satsuma Rebellion
Asshurt over losing their privileges and status. Basically they'd have to stop being samurais n' shiet at some point.
>>
>>2978766

Because when you've devoted literally your entire life to learning how to fight with swords because you're in a privileged class that is supposed to devote all your time to preparing to war, it's kind of hard to just let it go and move on to something else.
>>
File: Satsuma_rebellion.jpg (85KB, 893x473px) Image search: [Google]
Satsuma_rebellion.jpg
85KB, 893x473px
>>2978766

the Satsuma Rebellion was contrived by Takamori to give the last die hard samurai left a proper way out, like his plan to go to Korea and offend them so much that they'd kill him and give Japan a pretext to invade (it nearly happened but the government reneged) and give the guys who really couldn't let go of the old warrior culture a chance to die honourably in battle.

He could have reached out to other former domains and the large numbers of samurai or relations and descendants of samurai who weren't on board with the new Japan, and those from the losing side of the Boshin war, or who hated the regime and started a civil war that could have engulfed all of Japan, but he chose not to, and he clearly knew they had no chance to win
>>
it was better to move on with the times, the samurai class was the least socially mobile of any by this point, and the constraints didn't allow for them to make money anymore
>>
>>2978793
>"Real" Samurai must hate guns
I want this meme to die.
>>
File: muroshige4.jpg (75KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
muroshige4.jpg
75KB, 800x533px
>>2980841
Yeah, Nobunaga is spinning in his grave everytime some weeb utters this shit.
>>
>>2980871

wherever did that well traveled meme originate?
>>
>>2978766
They tried to but the government wouldn't invade Korea and give them a job
>>
>>2980880
Last Samurai made it popular
>>
>>2980835
Why are the Japanese so suicidal?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.