[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvs oVgc5rGs Wes Cecil did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 1430112935295.jpg (7KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
1430112935295.jpg
7KB, 193x261px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs

Wes Cecil did a lecture on Max Stirner.

Stirnerfags seem to be growing in number, I see him more often on Reddit, 4chan, 8ch. Is 2015 becoming the year of radical individualism?

Fuck spooks, let's have a party, Stirnerfags.
>>
>>297790
>Wes Cecil

Who?
>>
>>297923
Does a shitload of philosophy lectures on youtube, actual academic professor.
>>
>>297972
Thanks, worth a look later I suppose
>>
>>297790
I would disagree, people are trying to fit into groups and niches more than ever before. Nationalism, religion, racial hatred, government tensions, war is all happening now. People want to believe they are individuals, but they also want to conform into groups.
>>
>>297790
>Stirnerfags seem to be growing in number, I see him more often on Reddit, 4chan, 8ch.
Because people see Stirner as le spook man, he's a meme philosopher for most people.
>>
Basically, it's the information age and Stirner's philosophy is no longer obscure because of it.
>>
I think what's attractive about Stirner is is affects everything, but changes nothing. So people say, wow, I get it, I see it here, I see it there, I see it fucking everywhere. And it also doesn't conflict with anything because it doesn't force them to actually change their world view.
>>
>>298541
nope.
>>
>>297790
Stirner is cool. I like how he points out that doing things for personal gain often means helping others.

He had a complex look at that. I'm not an egoist, but he's cool.
>>
>>298541
>>298871
I think what's attractive about Stirner is is affects everything, but appears to change nothing. So people say, wow, I get it, I see it here, I see it there, I see it fucking everywhere. And it also doesn't conflict with anything because it doesn't seem force them to actually change their world view.

Compare Marx pre German Ideology to after
>>
File: 1417762135270.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
1417762135270.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>299290
>I'm not an egoist,

But you are my friend. You're just an involuntary one.
>>
>>299687
*seem to
>>
>>299290

>I'm not an egoist

So when you're empathetic, it has nothing to do with your own self-interest?
>>
>>297790
>Stirnerfags seem to be growing in number
It's because he has major meme potential
I mean, just the word 'spooks', which other philosopher is so ripe?
>>
>>299736
Which is sometimes lart of the issue with "Stirnerfags". The less attentive go on about "muh spooks", when in actuality Stirner's saying you can be as spooky as you like so long as it's for your own reasons.

E.g. There's no problem believing in God, the penultimate spook, so long as *your* belief that *you* arrived at in *your* own way. If you pick up the Bible, read it, find it compelling and agreeable, by all means enjoy your faith.
>>
>>299690
thnx bby

>>299723
That's personal. Idk. I don't know myself enough to know that.

But on a general level I can't believe that to be the universal truth.
>>
>>297790
Why is there such a disconnect between what Stirner says, and what Stinerboos actually are, that is limp-wristed pseudo-marxist social democrats bernie sanders voters who say "spooky" whenever something violates their safe space?
>>
>>299779

>There's no problem believing in God, the penultimate spook, so long as *your* belief that *you* arrived at in *your* own way and *you* realize that it's still a spook and nothing more

fify
>>
>>299800
I have never seen this IRL
>>
>>299839
Is this your first day on this website?
>>
>>299853
I have never seen a "limp-wristed pseudo-marxist social democrats bernie sanders voters who say "spooky" whenever something violates their safe space" on this website or IRL or anywhere I have literally seen Stirner mentioned once on this whole website before /his/ and Nobody has ever uttered his name IRL to me

I don't see stirner fags as what you see them. that is I don't have an idea of 'stirnerness'
>>
>>299800
175 years
>>
>>299936
He was huge on /lit/ for at least a year.
>>
>>299936
>I have literally seen Stirner mentioned once on this whole website before /his/

He's been a huge meme for ages. Most of it contained to /lit/ though.
>>
>>297790
How's this Wes Cecil? Worth watching?
>>
>>299799
>I don't know myself enough to know that

Time to drop acid in an empty bathtub, brah.
>>
>>300088
>in an empty bathtub
Why?
>>
>>300109
Sorry, it was bit obscure. I read some erowid trip report on some fella who dropped acid at home and ended up crying in his bathtub because he came to the realization that he wanted to kill himself but lacked the courage. Hence, apparently bathtubs are good for epiphanies.
>>
Read Stirner, and then, read Jünger.

Jünger will make everything Stirner wrote make sense.
>>
>>299779
>arrived at in *your* own way
>read it in a Book
does not compute
>>
>>300908
>Jünger
Junger who? What work?
>>
>>299779
>E.g. There's no problem believing in God, the penultimate spook, so long as *your* belief that *you* arrived at in *your* own way. If you pick up the Bible, read it, find it compelling and agreeable, by all means enjoy your faith.

No, I'm pretty sure believing in god inherently involves sublimating yourself to an external ideal.
>>
where do i start with stirner guys?
>>
File: 1312019776215.jpg (30KB, 492x341px) Image search: [Google]
1312019776215.jpg
30KB, 492x341px
>>301602
>he thinks there exist ideals entirely self-created without reference to systems of value external to the self
>>
>>300938
Ernst Jünger, author of Storm of Steel and Eumeswil.
>>
>>301862
You decide xD
>>
>>301904
That's not an excuse to do pretty much the exact opposite of what Stirner suggests and then claiming that you're somehow actualizing the ideal he put forth.
>>
>>301862
The Ego and Its Own. It lays down the core of his ideology.
>>
>>304450
Oh my, how terrible. We can't have any Egoists doing something that might possibly disturb Stirner's ghost, that'd just be awful. Best that all Egoists follow whatever you think Stirner's "ideal" is, amirite?

Yer turning the man and his book into spooks, bruv.
>>
>>304843
He didn't write the ego and its own to say nothing. While it would be silly to turn it into dogmatism, there are some underlying principles to it that would qualify you as not following it. Following the Christian god, of which one of the core values is "love god before yourself" would be pretty fucking textbook as an example.
>>
>>300908
Which works in particular?
>>
>>297790
What if the Voluntary Egoists wants to love and sacrifice himself for his race/ religion/ nation ect because he derives selfish pleasure from doing so, not because he's enslaved to the spook?
>>
>>305010
>What if the Voluntary Egoists wants to love and sacrifice himself for his race/ religion/ nation ect because he derives selfish pleasure from doing so, not because he's enslaved to the spook?

Then its not actually a sacrifice because you arent doing it for an interest outside of your own. The fact your language is haunted shows just how deep spooks go.
>>
>>305010
It's your property, do what you want with it.
>>
>>305031
So a Voluntary Egoist can be a White Nationalist, a Communist or a Christian?
>>
>>305037
>So a Voluntary Egoist can be a White Nationalist, a Communist or a Christian?

No, because once they do they are no longer a voluntary egoist but that new label. The voluntary egoist can carry out any of the actions and practices associated with those ideologies whilst being having no loyalty outside of their own desire.
>>
>>297790
Someone in an earlier thread claimed that Marx made a compelling case against Stirner's philosophy in a massive essay. Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>305876
If you speak German you can read the essay yourself here.

http://www.mlwerke.de/me/me03/me03_101.htm

Alternatively use google translate on the page.

Be prepared for 4chan tier shit-posting though.
>>
>>305876
More like a page of insults with no actual weight.
>>
>>305876
Even wikipedia describes it as a "500 page long polemic filled with ad hominem attacks"
>>
>>299687
>Compare Marx pre German Ideology to after
this one knows
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.