[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From 5th to the 6th caliph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dfuk.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dfuk.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>sunnis are the majority
>sunnis kill Ali
>sunnis kill Ali's son
>new caliph makes the position hereditary, instead of elective

Wouldn't that go against what sunnis believed? Didn't they think that caliphs had to be elected for merits? textbook isn't very through, help please
>>
Only the first four non hereditary caliphs are considered good caliphs (the rashidun). Nearly all hereditary caliphs are considered trash.
>>
Sunni scholars consider only the first four elective caliphates.
Hereditary caliphates are against the Sunni Shariah (Law) anyways.
Muhammad (pbuh) said that it's the will of the people how the new leader will be chosen, even though Muhammad wished Abu Bakr (ra) to be the successor.In his last days of life, Muhammad let Abu Bakr to lead the prayers.

Twelvers rafidis disagree with Abu Bakr and claim that Allah (swt) is the only one powerful to pick a leader, therefore "picking" Ali ibn Talib (ra), which is considered one of the 10 companions of Muhammad (pbuh).
>>
>>2977689
No, hussayn rebelled due to khawarij shia and we believe rebellion is wrong but he umayyads were tyrants and could be considered tahghout later on due to the fact they didn't enforce sharia.
The sunnis like myself believe that the caliph must be chosen by concensus and shia believe Ali (ra) was chosen by Allah and the imam is infallible and is from the family of the prophet which is objectively wrong.

Muawiayah was still the legitimate caliph
>>
>>2977759
He's considered 1 of the 10 sahabis that are ensure Jannah there were much more of the sahaba than that
>>
>>2977709
This, abbasids were good when they weren't mutazillah
>>
>>2977689
>>2977787
I wanna add that the 5th caliph is considered good but his rebellion and choice of successor wasn't.
>>
Alright, thanks everyone, now it makes more sense.
Just one more questions, what are the principles of the mu'tazilah? I've read things that differ quite a bit from one another
>>
>>2977689
>Sunnis kill Ali

Are you retarded?
>>
File: thinkinggun.png (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thinkinggun.png
37KB, 200x200px
>>2978007
mfw after checking what you just said and realizing the book i'm using is blatantly wrong.
The fuck have i been reading up until now
>>
>>2977905
The problems are their lack of belief in predestination and belief the Quran was created, they don't have beliefs that are in side Islam
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.