[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austro-Hungarian evil(?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: MAuGA.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
MAuGA.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
I'm from one of the many countries the AH Empire used to own but was it really that bad? A strong sense of nationality for us was not only leaving but fighting and winning against the germans but is Nationality worth having divided ourselves? Furthermore The AH Empire did so little compared to others in the field of slavery, colonization, and conquest (i know Bosnia wtv) And although we talk a lot about the lack of portayal of other ethnicities in the empire what would a Habsburg empire owning all the former countries look like if we acted like decent humans? Could there be a modern federal state for us?
>>
>>2974914
it wasn't "evil" just incredibly inept to the point of comedy
>>
>>2974965
Are you one of the brainlets who unironically believe the Karansebes meme was a real battle?
>>
>>2974965
>heart of civilisation during its peak period
>inept to the point of comedy
>>
>>2974914
of course it was evil, it lost the war and naturally the victors were the good guys
>>
File: marchpas.jpg (75KB, 720x503px) Image search: [Google]
marchpas.jpg
75KB, 720x503px
>>2975050
this is written and therefore must be true!
>>
>>2974914
Hungarian here,
I would happily welcome Austrian forces invading Hungary in 2026 after Emperor Orbán get's us kicked out of the eu and JUSTs this country for good.
>>
File: Isonzo_front_colorization.jpg (485KB, 780x561px) Image search: [Google]
Isonzo_front_colorization.jpg
485KB, 780x561px
>>2975070
Czech here, united empire when?
>>
not evil but to function properly you need common things
common language, common currency, common costumes, common taxes
it was already bad they had to make a compromise with hungarians

many minorities, everyone wants resources for themselfs, said resources are spread thin and fair but at the expense of modernization
>>
>>2975083
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visegr%C3%A1d_Group
>>
File: 4c7c0823be08831ff2f6bd6bff99cfcd.jpg (925KB, 1663x2208px) Image search: [Google]
4c7c0823be08831ff2f6bd6bff99cfcd.jpg
925KB, 1663x2208px
>>2975091
close enough i guess
>>
>>2975083
>>
>>2974965
The amount of visual art, literature, music and cuisine Habsburg monarchy produced was basically unmatched for its time. It was the main cultural hub of Europe.
>>
>>2975213
It's probably not a good idea for cultural hubs to start world wars.
>>
>>2975227
They started a war against Serbia, which Serbia provoked. It was Germany, Russia and France who made it into a world war, it would be a regional conflict at best if Russians and Germans didn't exploit it for their imperial ambitions.
>>
no, it was ottoman tier
>>
>>2975236
proof the serbian government arranged the assassination?
>>
>"When I attempted to find a simple formula for the period in which I grew up, prior to the First World War I hope that I convey its fulness by calling it the Golden Age of Security. Everything in our almost thousand year-old Austrian monarchy seemed based on permanency, and the State itself was the chief guarantor of this stability."

Stefan Zweig

>"My strongest experience was the War and the destruction of my fatherland, the only one I ever had, the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary."

Joseph Roth

These guys were secular Jews, they were praising a conservative Catholic monarchy, that's impressive and to me it means it couldn't have been that bad.
>>
>>2975366
Austria-Hungary was very tolerant towards Jews, and Jewish citizens were often the most loyal to Franz Joseph.

Considering what happened afterwards, I would say they were right to fear the end of the Empire
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.