[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you think the world will handle the inevitable oil crash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: crudeoil.jpg (113KB, 1423x500px) Image search: [Google]
crudeoil.jpg
113KB, 1423x500px
So how do you think the world will handle the inevitable oil crash?
>>
File: patriot.png (221KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
patriot.png
221KB, 600x360px
>>2973914
By drilling for more oil. By the time we run out I'd imagine we would have come up with an alternative or be capable of artificially creating it ourselves.
>>
>>2973926
>capable of artificially creating it ourselves

We already are. However the amount of oil needed as a resource is irrelevant compared to amount of oil used as fuel.
>>
What, exactly, makes you think there's going to be an "oil crash", whatever that means?
>>
>>2973950
We run out of usable oil. Not exactly a riddle.
>>
>>2973914
There's a lot of oil on Earth. Much of it is just not economically viable like most deep sea deposits, but as easier sources deplete, there will still be a lot to exploit.
If man caused global warming is real we'll be dead long before it runs out.
>>
>>2974157
It'll be like the crash of Oats and Barley when oil products them as a source of power.
>>
>>2974157
>We run out of usable oil. Not exactly a riddle.

I didn't ask the definition of an economic crash per se, I asked what makes you think it's going to happen.

I mean, starting a thread on /his/ with a monumentally loaded question like this is retarded.
>>
>>2973914
The last major puzzle piece is battery storage technology:

once we invent a way to store a large amount of energy in a package that doesn't gradually sweat it all out, we won't have as much need for all the energy conveniently stored as a liquid fossil fuel, and all of a sudden it becomes a lot more feasible to power your home and auto with solar panels and store the extra energy harvested for later consumption, say in the winter months.

The Bronze Age didn't end because we ran out of Bronze, it ended because we found a way to get the same effect out of our tools using a far more plentiful substance. It just so happened to collapse horribly because these primitive despotisms were simply too crude to react to such a dramatic economic shift, and it took civilization a solid 4 or 5 centuries to recover.
>>
>>2974277
>You will never be a post-Bronze Age Collapse warlord raiding Anatolian, Egyptian, Canaanite, and Greek villages and raping QTs all day.
>>
>>2973914
Not history or humanities

>>>/pol/
>>
>>2974292
Buuuut,

if you play your cards right, you could totally sell out your country during the coming Islamization of the West and be paid by unscrupulous foreigners to go raiding and raping your own people in the name of the coming status quo.

Manchurians did that to dramatic effect during the Qing conquest of China, succeeding mostly by pitting Han Chinese against one another.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.