[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When the Roman Empire fell their capital relocated from Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

When the Roman Empire fell their capital relocated from Rome to Constantinople in Turkey.

Does this mean that when the United States of America eventually falls once the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts, the new capital of America will be Saudi Arabia judging by how much funding and weapons they send over there?
>>
if saudi arabia were an actual usa colony populated by americans who maintained their american identity, then sure. but it isnt.
>>
>>2973752

Now, they will move it to México City, and it will be know as Estados Unidos.
>>
>>2973752
>When the Roman Empire fell their capital relocated from Rome to Constantinople in Turkey.
Almost every word in this sentence is wrong or at least inaccurate.
>>
picturing OPs dumb brainlet face lighting up when he had this idea is cracking me up. does anyone have the meme of the black guy pointing to his head and saying pseud shit? thats op right now.
>>
>>2973752
>volcano erupts at Yellowstone
>somehow Washington DC is geographically affected
uhh what
>>
>>2973828
>An example of the possible ashfall from a month-long Yellowstone supereruption.
Credit: USGS
If this really happens the Trump will pretty much find his whole base covered in ash. Literally blacked.com
>>
>>2973752
Rome relocate their capital to Constantinople even before the west-east partition
>>
>>2973852

Looks like the capital would have to be

V I C E C I T Y
I
C
E

C
I
T
Y
>>
>>2973852

not really. yellowstone will affect more the democratic base. Look at all the major cities affected: seattle, san francisco, los angeles, chicago. the big republican populations are in the south which remains relatively unaffected.
>>
>>2973752
It would be like moving the capital to California
>>
>>2973895

what an awesome idea
>>
>>2973752
>When the Roman Empire fell their capital relocated from Rome to Constantinople in Turkey.
By the time of the Empire Rome itself was already of diminishing political importance: Mediolanum (modern day Milan) became the de facto capital because it was closer to the frontier while Constantinople became the Eastern capital during the reign of Constantine, over 150 years before the collapse of the WRE.

It would be the equivalent of moving the capital to New York City or Los Angelos. Moving the capital to Saudi Arabia would be like Rome relocating its capital to Armenia.

BTW, we have no idea when Yellowstone will erupt: sometime next decade, or maybe not for 100,000 years.
>>
>>2973852
>>2973877
Stop making it political, Yellowstone's eruption would fuck America itself.

Goodbye, global breadbasket. Goodbye pacific coast, goodbye American heartland. If you were on the East Coast when Yellowstone erupts you'll probably end up wishing you died in the blast because you've got conditions approaching Cormac McCarthy's "The Road".

Southern conservatives will probably flee to Mexico (oh, the irony) and Yankee liberals will probably flee to Canada. Conditions closer to the blast will simply be too poor to support human life
>>
>>2973994
>Assuming rugged Mainers, new Hampshirians, and Chipmunks won't survive this easily and rebuild the US as it should be.
>>
>>2973752

Israel, next question.
>>
>>2973752
The Roman elite had been moving to Constantinople and the eastern empire for a long time before the western empire fell.
So the equivalent is moving the american capital to Tel'Aviv
>>
>>2973752
American education.
Constantinople existed before the Fall of WRE and Rome seized being the capital of WRE about 200 years before the collapse of the WRE.
>>
>>2973994
Well I don't know about all that but it would take down 4chan so that's an improvement if you ask me.
>>
>>2974194
>American education
>Rome seized being the capital of WRE about 200 years before the collapse of the WRE.
so what year did Europoor education cease teaching basic spelling?
>>
>>2974614
>so what year did Europoor education cease teaching basic spelling?
There's nothing wrong with the spelling there amerilard. I guess that your educational system never taught you the difference between spelling and grammar.
Mine taught both, it's just that I never bothered to learn the rules for proper grammar.
>>
>>2975358
>I guess that your educational system never taught you the difference between spelling and grammar.
It taught me the difference between the words ceased and seized, as in "the European powers ceased being the main power brokers on the planet when America and Russia seized that title away from them during world war 2"

And if you want to be a technical nitpicky bastard, the word you're groping for is diction. Grammar is how you structure words into coherent sentences, diction is the choice of word. Didn't learn that in Europoor school, either?
>>
this is the most banal, neanderthalic, ridiculous thing I've seen on this board in a while, and today I was arguing with someone about whether a warship can sail across land. There is nothing about what you said that indicates even a modicum intelligence beyond a surface level understanding of current events. If I was a janitor, I would ban your cro-magnon ass in a heartbeat for not only being the 4chan equivalent of a village idiot, but for wasting the bandwidth of the site with your truly infantile post. I hope God can find it within himself to forgive you.
>>
>>2975464
Thought you were refering to my atrocious grammar and not that word. Mistaking a homophone is hardly inexcusable, but since we are in a dick measuring contest I have to apologise.
>>
>>2973852
I live in Indiana, do I still die?
>>
>>2973752
This is the most retarded thing I've seen on /his/ and yesterday I was arguing with somebody about whether or not all women are pure evil and should be killed/enslaved
>>
>>2974194
>they send over there
Something tells me he's not American
>>
>>2973852
No more going back to Missoula.
>>
>>2973828
What would be the effect of the smaller amounts of ash?
>>
>>2976812
Hey, Hoosierbro.
Anyway, this is the dumbest thread I've seen, today.
>>
>>2973852
Only Alaska, Texas, Florida, and Hawaii still have any livable land. It seems like the election after that would be clear.
>>
>>2976782
They're not homophones. Ceased is pronounced with an S like in "kiss," while seized is pronounced with a Z sound, like in "buzz."
>>
>>2973752
WTF are you talking about? The new capital was still inside their empire, there was no state of Turkey. So your idea of Saudi Arabia somehow becoming a new capital is based on an absurdly false premise, and ridiculous at face value anyway.
>>
>>2973752
>read first paragraph
>what
>leave
>>
>>2973769
greece isnt populated by latins roman either
>>
>>2976682
>I was arguing with someone about whether a warship can sail across land
Im sorry, what?
>>
>>2976890
Doesn't really matter. The ash
will go up in the atmosphere and block out the sun. The entire human race is fucked worldwide
>>
>>2977062
I would probably think this is related to Mehmed's siege of Constantinople where he moved some ships through land.
>>
>>2977106
Maybe. But surely anyone with a brain would understand they didn't just sail up the shore. /his/ never ceases to surprise me
>>
>>2976962

>still took the time to post his comment
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.