[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grandfather's axe and Nations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: HUH.jpg (211KB, 634x870px) Image search: [Google]
HUH.jpg
211KB, 634x870px
With this replacement migration, can a nation continue with another people?

"The ship of Theseus, also known as Theseus's paradox, is a thought experiment that raises the question of whether an object that has had all of its components replaced remains fundamentally the same object. The paradox is most notably recorded by Plutarch in Life of Theseus from the late first century. Plutarch asked whether a ship that had been restored by replacing every single wooden part remained the same ship.

The paradox had been discussed by other ancient philosophers such as Heraclitus and Plato prior to Plutarch's writings,[1] and more recently by Thomas Hobbes and John Locke. Several variants are known, including the grandfather's axe, which has had both head and handle replaced."
>>
File: tumor.jpg (71KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
tumor.jpg
71KB, 620x413px
>>2972140
No
The western civilisation as we know it has been replaced by global civilisation, its not merely about race, but even general stuff like culture, beliefs, music, arts, architecture, etc. represent clear intent to break all ties with the past
>>
>>2972140
if the idea of a nation will catch on a new body of people inhabiting the land will wewuz it appropriating it as if it's own

to catch on it has to propagate certain qualities like nostalgia for "good old times", a simple and attractive image for both gender roles so that young people willingly carry the spook of "nation" forward through the ages bolstering it's popularity and adding to it growing it.
>>
>>2972175
Italians will always be greasy, so at least that stays the same

Western civilization is an idea, not a tangible thing. So, I think Western civilization will continue into the foreseeable future. You can't kill an idea. A secular, democratic and tolerant ideal of Western progressive will live on. A flood of refugees can't bring that down easily. They will always be a minority. The patience Western nations have shown with the atrocities of Muslim migrants in their countries is amazing. I hate Islam (as an Atheist), but I have to admire the tolerance of Western nations who hold a belief in equality and right to worship above the deaths of a few score of compatriots. It really is an example of Western ideals being strong and sturdy
>>
>>2972226
>secular, democratic and tolerant ideal of Western progressive
The fact that you think these represent the essence of western civilisation really prove how dead the west is
>>
>>2972233
This is the Western world post French Revolution. Yes, it's what Western civilization is all about.
>>
>>2972233
Nice digits

Modern Western civilization is embracing these ideals. If you don't like it; move to Russia or China.
>>
No western people, no western civilization.
>>
Western Civilization is nowhere near dead. In fact, I would argue, with the advancements we've made in technology, it's flourishing and "pulling away from the pack" so to speak. That, I believe, is actually the problem and why we find ourselves in such a clash between two or three or four ideals right now. The West has become so much more advanced, so much more developed, and so much further down the road, the others are starting to lash out and it's caused this aggressive push because they don't know anything else to do. Have you ever watched a little kid try to keep up with a bigger kid or an adult in something physical? Some are okay, but some get so upset and they can't understand yet why their bodies are just different at the moment. They may grow up and be faster or bigger, and they may not, but they're just different and they don't understand. That's kind of how I see it right now.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.