[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1478040149315.jpg (126KB, 1024x805px) Image search: [Google]
1478040149315.jpg
126KB, 1024x805px
What do you guys think about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test? Rubbish or legitimate? I've gotten INTP on two different tests, however I believe i'm more like ISTP irl.
>>
File: 1482634675274.jpg (634KB, 1408x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1482634675274.jpg
634KB, 1408x1714px
/thread
>>
Like all psychological tests they suffer from a heisenberg type weakness, where they make the observer the participant, which means they are only serve to categorize your current state of being and not nessicarily your overall sense of being.
>>
>>2970334
>ENTJ
>Doing what other people tells them
>>
Of course it's true anyone with an ounce of sense can see there's exactly 16 types of people in the world
>>
>>2970320
It's mostly rubbish.

Not 100% rubbish (making a completely useless personality test would actually be an impressive accomplishment), but mostly. The test really does two things, which, by the by, are the exact same things psychics and other con-men types do to make you think they're reading your mind (or your palms or your fortune, whatever).

When Myers-Briggs makes *specific* claims about your personality, it's parroting exactly what you said back to you. "You're an introvert and find large social events taxing." That's not exactly an impressive deduction when you answered B to a question like "Do rapid-fire social interactions with strangers A) energize you or B) tax your reserves?"

When it makes *broad* claims about your personality, it's feeding you information that's so general it could reasonably be taken to apply to anyone, but it's phrased carefully to make you think they're speaking directly to you. E.g. "You generally take a big-picture view of things, but have the ability to focus on small details when you feel they're important." "You wear a superficial social mask, but when others get close to you, they often find you have hidden depths." "You are often abstract in thought and speech." Those sentences could all apply to literally any person on the face of the Earth, but when they're mixed in with specific information the test has rephrased and parroted back to you, it's easy to lose sight of that.

The upshot is that while your M-B type might be consistent, it's not really meaningful. Two INTJs aren't necessarily going to be much like each other, any more than you and your roommate have the same personality because you both got "Hermione" on a "Which Harry Potter character are you?" test on BuzzFeed. The test is certainly not meaningful enough for employers to base hiring decisions off of them, or for your therapist or psychiatrist to base treatment decisions off of them.
>>
>Rubbish or legitimate?

Somewhere in the middle, it maps onto Big Five, which is a commonly used psychometric tool used by modern psychology.

INTJ, btw.
>>
>>2970320
It's the horoscope for autists. They even talk about it in the exact same way.
>>
>>2970601

>It's the horoscope for autists

Explain.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.