[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about Banana Republics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1200px-Dole_Logo.svg.png (75KB, 1200x618px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Dole_Logo.svg.png
75KB, 1200x618px
Can we have a thread about Banana Republics?
>>
>>2965941
Are there even any left?

My local mall used to have one but it closed down years ago.
Haven't seen any since.

I mostly just go to H&M now.
>>
>>2965941
a lot of the central american ruling classes, i.e. the true banana republics, were g*rmans. really makes you think....
>>
Did my senior paper on Banana Wars. US started out with geopolitical and even moralistic intentions leading up to the Spanish-American War. The Monroe Doctrine was upheld mostly because travelling across the Atlantic. By the time I sucked less with steam ships, American was becoming an economic power house and was eyeing to "liberate Cuba". The splendid lil war was all fine and good until Taft started disregarding the strategy laid out by Alfred Mahan. This is when Central America started going to shit because Taft's use of financial leverage (dollar diplomacy) gave the greenlight for domination of private interest. This exploded under Wilson until FDR put a cap on it because of the Great Depression.
>>
>>2966028
This man appears to be posting from a mobile device with some form of autocorrect, but is correct.

Note that the Cold War led to an expansion of US intervention in Latin America.
>>
>>2965999
>g*rmans

I think we can pin a lot of the displace of American natives on German immigrants/settlers too. Do they ever not ruin everwhere they go?
>>
>>2965941

Speaking of Dole, does the "Republic" of Hawaii count as one? I mean, it was literally Mr.Dole himself who was president and the Native Hawaiians had no say in the matter.
>>
>>2966075
yes
>>
>>2965999
Also many jews, palestinians and lebanese.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.