[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cross of Jesus Christ cannot be properly understood in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: jesse-washington-LOT13093-no.38.jpg (147KB, 495x364px) Image search: [Google]
jesse-washington-LOT13093-no.38.jpg
147KB, 495x364px
apart from the brutal realities of the lynching tree.

Discuss
>>
What did you expect? Amerifats don't even understand the nature of the Holy trinity lmao plebs
>>
>>2965221
No because the whole point of the crucifixion is that it was a state sanctioned execution whereas lynchings were vigilantism/terrorism; they aren't related other than that they both involve death and wood.
>>
Honestly what's so bad about all the lyncngs in America's history? All the people who were lynched were accused of rape and considering how rape is such a problem nowadays in America, especially among certain demographics, it makes perfect sense if all the rapes in the older days did happen. Frankly the demonization of lycnhings is nothing more but a movement to condone rape towards women. I mean modern day people can't even disprove those rapes.
>>
The USA Christianity to me seems 99% old testament and 1 % New Testament. Lots of slavery and violence
>>
>>2965285
>All the people who were lynched were accused of rape
>accused
Doesn't mean they actually did it. Levels of lynching coincided directly with the state of the economy and when times were rough it was convenient to remove black competition in much the same way many witch hunts were land grabs.

Also if they actually did it then the law would take care of it. The fact that they had to act outside of a court system which was already biased heavily in their favor tells us that it wasn't a want for justice that drove them.
>>
>>2965221
Only about 3500 blacks were lynched in America during the century between the Civil War and the success of the Civil Rights Movement. Which is fewer blacks than are murdered by other blacks in a single year.

Lynching was literally a non-issue.
>>
>>2965948
> Over three thousand instances of mobs of people delivering vigilante justice against people oftentimes merely accused of committing a crime isn't a big deal

It fucking is. It completely undermines the concept of a fair trial. The thing that truly makes it worse is that often the police and other figures of law were involved in said lynchings.

At least black on black violence is purely person on person. So often these lynchings had the (unspoken) approval of the local authority.

Also, why does black on black violence being bad somehow making lynching less bad. They're both terrible fucking things that have taken too many lives.
>>
>>2965334
This. Most times said lynchings were nothing more than a desire to keep the local black community in line. A "step out of line and this will happen to you" message.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.