[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the scots celtic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: celtic.gif (12KB, 547x423px) Image search: [Google]
celtic.gif
12KB, 547x423px
>>
>>2964476
parrtially they are.
celts had a footprint in almst all western europe...
then you have places where they were more present, or where they resisted and the legacy is bigger, like cornish, bretagne, galicia and portugal etc.
>>
>>2964476
Scots are a coward race who spat on the freedom they could have had.

t. Englishman who laughs at the goatfuckers north
>>
>>2964476
Highlanders are Lowlanders are not.
>>
>>2965872
t. anglo-saxon'd celtic cuck
>>
>>2964476
From what I understand Scots are a plethora of different backgrounds.
There where the Picts which are likely a Brytonic Celt, the Cumbric guys in Ayrshire which where definitely Brytonic, the Gaels which where Goidelic and where the scots name comes from, Anglo-Saxons which settled around Edinburgh, and finally the Norse living in the Isles eventually making the Norse-Gaels.
Depending on what you define as "Celtic" most of the population has some kind of Celtic roots, if you base it solely off of language then it's only the Highland Gaels.
Lowland Scots did retain a weird language and held Celtic traditions but they really progressed in a manner that followed French-English traditions hoping to keep up with the modern world.
>>
they're something of an eddy, where disparate barbarian peoples built up like grime over the eons
>>
>>2964476
celtic is culture, language, locality, etc..a lot of things but an actual celtic race is another thing altogether.
>>
>>2965872
>englishman
So you're a cowardly briton that submited to the Nordic invaders and abandoned your language

It must sucks to be you
>>
>>2967137

The English man merely evolved, in contrast, grunts and groans remained the parlance of the day in the north.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.