[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voynich Manuscript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What the fuck was it?

A cult grimoire?

Alien writings?

A prank?

Discuss.
>>
What if the writer just had dyslexia?
>>
>>2964358
Could have been anything really. Maybe some scollar thought to himself that it would be cool to whrite his knowlege on those plants (or whatever the fuck it is) in code, maybe it was just a prank. I like to think it's just a guy whrighting his shitty fantasy novel, but he knew that it was cringey as fuck and that his friends would laugh at him if they found the book, so he whrote it in code so they couldnt read. Fuck i made a lot of gramatical errors
>>
It's the key to mankinds mysteries, the source of unlimited energy.
Translations are being held in the Vatican forbidden library!
>>
>>2964358
A shitpost.
>>
It was most likely written by Voynich himself.
>>
>>2965783
Na mate, it is period, ink and parchment both have been carbon dated to around 1450.
>>
>>2964358
I doubt it means anything but it is a very interesting mystery.
>>
>>2964381
Nah. However did this probably created his own language

t. Dyslexic
>>
It's speculated that the manuscript was written as a kind of "show of talent" for the author, and that the language used is some sort of made up lorem ipsum used as filler. Basically the author made the book in order to show off his skills and market his services to others.

Kind of like how cartographers used to draw all sorts of fanciful things like sea monsters on their maps in order to make them more attractive to buy.
>>
Encrypted languages were more common than people think. The simplest example: da Vinci writting backwards. Newton wrote in cryptic language to other scientists when he wanted to both attest that he had found a solution to a problem, while at the same time not revealing the solution to his rivals. We also have the so-called Enochian language of John Dee. Tolkien invented elven, dwarven languages and scripts. Etc.

So it´s completely plausible that someone could invent his own writting system and write a book as a puzzle for future generations. Linguists could have deciphered with the help of computers by now if they really wanted to. But I think they just don´t care enough about it to do it.

Personally, it´s the surreal drawings fascinate me the most.
>>
>>2966456
Oh!
So it wasn't that they believed in sea monsters but rather just to be flashy
>>
>>2964358
It was proven to have similarities in rythm to Vietnamese and other asian languages. It was probably an asian scholar who tried to latinize his language and doing so made a "new" language using another alphabet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.