[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened? Why so many people are in the slammer in the US?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 30

What happened? Why so many people are in the slammer in the US?
>>
>>2963322
war on drugs?
>>
>>2963322
Profit driven privatization of prison.
>>
>>2963324
>>2963344
This + This
>>
>>2963324
>>2963344
the real answer is niggers and spics

nations with the exact same laws but less non-whites do not have this issue.
>>
>>2963378
https://xkcd.com/552/
>>
>>2963378
>nations with the exact same laws
>exact same laws
Nigga wut?
>>
>>2963389
Drug laws.
>>2963386
bebbit go away
>>
>>2963386
Go back to r*ddit you fucking summerfag
>>
>>2963378
They didn't come into existence in the early 80s
>>
File: huh.png (162KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
162KB, 374x347px
>>2963400
Did I say they did?
>>
>>2963400
He have no idea how to read graphs m8,
>>
File: smug29.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smug29.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>2963411
>actually reading the op before you post
shigg
>>
Freedom ain't free.
>>
File: 1496834398071.jpg (86KB, 630x663px) Image search: [Google]
1496834398071.jpg
86KB, 630x663px
>>2963386
>linking Tumblr the comic
>linking it and not just posting the picture
>>
>>2963400
Civil rights and Gangster rap didn't either
>>
>>2963378
Nations such as?
>>
The US Prison system is pretty fucked up desu
>>
>>2963436
Civil rights act was signed in 1964
Gangster rap mid to late 80s and through 90s. And the war on drugs started in 70s with Nixon.

None of those three are solid answers. The problem was something that happened after Civil Rights act/Drug wars and just before Gangster rap.

That is privatization of prison. This started early in the 80s and soon the lobbying/bribery/kickbacks started. Other things like DrugWars/Gangster rap escalated in relation to increasing prison inmate in general public sphere.
>>
>>2963400
Spics did.
>>
>>2963391
so like what nation
>>
>>2963378
/thread
>>
>>2963344

100% this
>>
>>2963475
>>2963344
Wait, prisons are privately owned in America? What the fuck.
>>
>>2963378
This is an incredibly over simplified answer and wrong on one account.

First issue is that Hispanics don't commit that much more crime than white people. Poverty is a far greater explanation for any sort of criminality among Hispanics.

As far as African Americans go it's more down to the complete collapse of the African American family unit, an incredibly self destructive culture, etc.

If it were inherently black people you'd see this among black immigrants but in reality that group is twice as likely to be college educated than the average white American.
>>
>>2963324
>>2963344

This and this. When you make prison a for profit venture it makes economic sense to lobby for tougher laws.
>>
>>2963510
Some are. It's ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is that some people don't care because they just like watching or hearing about le epic just desserts, even if it means that we incarcerate more people proportionally than North Korea (AFAIK) and regularly get cited by Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and other groups for torture and other barbarities.
>>
>>2963386
>reddixkcd
>>
>>2963386
Okay, dude. You had a good point. Correlation does not imply causation. That works.

Why couldn't you just have posted "Correlation does not imply causation"
>>
>>2963322
I have a question for an unbiased intellectual anon here who may have some knowledge on this.

They say that black americans commit the most crime in the country. Do the statistics support that claim? It's hard to find reliable statistics on this, but say these statistics are true, then what conclusion can you make with this? Are blacks violent? Or are they persecuted for smaller crimes?
>>
>>2963524
>If it were inherently black people you'd see this among black immigrants but in reality that group is twice as likely to be college educated than the average white American.
There are some pretty significant barriers to (legally)immigrating to US unless you either have family there or are highly educated.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but making claims based on immigrants when the majority of ALL immigrants are highly educated is pretty dubious.
>>
>>2963601
because i thought its a funny comic and didnt expect all the everyone to be faggots.
>>
>>2963602
>They say that black americans commit the most crime in the country. Do the statistics support that claim?

>Are blacks violent? Or are they persecuted for smaller crimes?

It's more to do with socioeconomic factors than anything. I'd also say that America tends to focus more on punishment than actually rehabilitation. The end result being repeat offenders because they've been hardened in prison and have very little opportunity once released.

I'll give the for profit prison system this. It may be destructive to society in general but they have really created a winning business model.
>>
There are a lot of reasons.
Tough on Crime legislation like the three strikes rule and minimum sentencing has put non-violent offenders behind bars for excessive sentences.
The same laws have overloaded the Justice System with cases and prosecutors as well as public defenders are incentivized to push cases through with plea bargains that result in jail time
Poorly managed prison system that has some of the highest rates of recidivism in the world. New non-violent inmates learn tricks and get connections from the old. Prisons do a poor job at preparing inmates to succeed back in life on the outside and for many their time spend in prison has done nothing but make them better criminals.
>>
File: F7JtB1R_d.jpg (41KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
F7JtB1R_d.jpg
41KB, 640x493px
>>2963378
/thread/
>>
File: 1491985079637m.jpg (119KB, 817x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491985079637m.jpg
119KB, 817x1024px
>>2963625
More wealthy blacks still commit more crimes than poorer white people
>>
>>2963324
>>2963344
Correct.

Prison is an industry and petty charges keep it afloat.
>>
>>2963656
Source please?
>>
File: 1471495400583.png (628KB, 920x795px) Image search: [Google]
1471495400583.png
628KB, 920x795px
In no order, drug laws, gun laws, and family laws and more anti-social populations.
>>
File: imrs.png (92KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.png
92KB, 480x370px
>>2963659
>t. Jamal
>>2963661
Pic related, had to dig for something in non meme format
>>
>>2963688
>Rich black kids

I can kind of see what's going on. Kids in rebellious phase see mom and dad as uncle tom sell outs. The want to get into "black culture" and fall in with a bad crowd.

Additionally, your graph says crime. I'd wager a lot that a tremendous amount of those crimes are merely for drug possession.
>>
File: 1489463665553.jpg (650KB, 984x773px) Image search: [Google]
1489463665553.jpg
650KB, 984x773px
>>2963696
Yeah, that chart means very little, i just didnt want to post all of my arguments in meme format
>>
How private prisons even work? Do the government pay then for each inmate? If so how can it be cheaper for the government than owning the prison?
>>
>>2963707
it is more viable to discontinue a private establishment rather than a public one.
>>
>>2963322
Because murder is wrong.
>>
File: homicide_chart.png (40KB, 917x660px) Image search: [Google]
homicide_chart.png
40KB, 917x660px
>>2963322
The justice system realized that putting niggers in prisons for minor infraction actually reduces homicide rate as well. Compare your pic to this, do you see that sharp decline in the 90s?
>>
File: nyc-mj-use-arrests2011[1].jpg (115KB, 712x822px) Image search: [Google]
nyc-mj-use-arrests2011[1].jpg
115KB, 712x822px
Yet another among aforementioned factors contributing to ethnic divide in imprisonment and crime statistics is who gets away with what the most often.
>>
>>2963735
See >>2963733

It is racially motivated, but it's working.
>>
>>2963707
After crunching the numbers, it seems it doesn't actually save money.

And private prisons are more likely to push fines and less likely to release prisoners on probation. Because, duh, they make money out of keeping people inside. Also, in a for-profit prison system there are incentives to NOT reform crimminals: repeat offenders are loyal customers!
>>
>>2963510
The US government contracts the management of prisons out to some private companies, but they're the minority (~5% of all federal prisions). Don't break out the ancap flags just yet.
>>
>>2963606
>I'm not saying you're wrong, but making claims based on immigrants when the majority of ALL immigrants are highly educated is pretty dubious.
>the majority of ALL immigrants are highly educated

What the fuck is wrong with this board
>>
>>2963651
Classic chinks
>>
>>2963741
Private prisons are mismanaged as fuck. They literally cut down costs on everything so you end up with a shithole prison with very little CCTV system and poorly trained morbidly obese guards armed with pepper spray because guns are too expensive. It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>2963739
It has other repercussions than reducing homicide rates, though. When one third of them can expect to go to prison during their lifetime (not to mention all the impediments your life has after you have a criminal record) you can't reasonably expect criminal rates to drop among the population. If their ethnic group is statistically more likely to commit crimes, caging them systematically instead of helping change the conditions that make them more likely to commit crimes is avoiding one unethical act by committing another.
>>
>>2963606
>the majority of ALL immigrants are highly educated
You're so wrong it hurts.

t. legal immigrant
>>
>>2963688
Holy shit your image is beyond retarded

Of course blacks are going to get in trouble more than whites. They're a fucking minority. It's the entire criminal "justice" system, which has openly discriminated against non whites for centuries, against a black kid who doesn't have any connections.

Even today, white kids are let off the hook more than any other race regardless of income level.
>>
>>2963741
Thats what I thought, but there must be a reason for the government to fall for that shit

I mean how cauld the private prison lobby start before the private prisons start profiting enough to buy the politicians they needed
>>
>>2963759
>the justice system makes black people kill each other
>>
>>2963756
It's basically putting them away like the animals they are, ideally we'd have a permanent penal colony somewhere overseas where we could ship them, but even conservatives would think that putting someone away for life for marijuana is too much, so I doubt it will ever get implemented.
>>
>>2963602
Yes, blacks commit more crimes, there is absolutely zero doubt about that fact of life in the United States. But that isn't the problem. The problem is simply that black people typically do not have the money for a proper legal defense in the courtroom. Even if they DID have the money, they would not understand the importance of it because culturally they are not evolved on the same level. You don't even need to explain to a white family the importance of a good attorney, it is just instinctual for them to go and get the best one they can find.

>stupid white kid gets drunk and kills someone with their car
>family dishes out $20k in legal defense for a good lawyer to plea for involuntary manslaughter and get 2-3 years

>stupid black kid gets drunk and kills someone with their car
>uses a public defender
>gets 10 years because public defenders are shit

Now this may become construed as institutionalized racism which it isn't, it's just a byproduct of how the legal system works in the United States. To an extent, money can alter the outcome of the case. Black people don't have money. White people do.
>>
File: murderrace.jpg (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
murderrace.jpg
24KB, 600x450px
>>2963759
>>
>>2963761
Politicans and their voters fell for the "a profit-motive will make this most efficient" excuse and that got the ball rolling long enough for the weasels to get settled.
>>
>>2963400
The U.S. became significantly less white at the time.
>>
>>2963768
Drunk driving is actually a crime blacks have lesser representation, this could be because they are pedestrian but that isn't firm.
>>
>>2963768
I don't know where you live where all people are wealthy and can just dish out 20k like it's nothing. I reckon you're some sheltered suburban faggot who's never been to Appalachia or the Rust Belt.
>>
>>2963777
*all white people are wealthy
>>
File: 1412476780691.png (168KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1412476780691.png
168KB, 407x379px
>>2963765
I don't think our moral compass has enough overlap that this discussion can go anywhere, luckily I don't think most Americans consider blacks "animals." I can only try to compel you to reconsider your assessment of other humans, Mr. Sociopath.
>>
>Lock up one in four black males
>Suddenly, black children are all raised by single women
>>>>Actually entrusting the care and raising of children to women
>They start naming their children shit like Ja'Kweesha instead of proper, respectable names like Charles Freeman
>Black American youth are born and raised to be Lord of the Flies-tier savages
>All of the black role models like MLK and James Baldwin die out and get replaced by Kanye and Trayvon Martin
>Somehow people are surprised that black people don't magically become geniuses in an environment designed to turn them into human trash
>More crime is committed than would have been if prisons didn't even exist in the first place
>Can't even let everyone out of prison now and fix everything, because we've been locking these apes up in criminal school for the past 40+ years.
All you white supremacist motherfuckers out there made this happen. Now we're paying to give millions of niggers a roof and three meals a day and preventing them from working, while their children grow up to face the same prospects. You and your predecessors are the cause of everything that's wrong in this country, and we should have let you secede and create your containment state for niggers and evolution deniers incapable of living without leeching from the useful parts of the country.
>>
>>2963762
The majority of blacks are in prison for drug related crimes.

The U.S. government literally admitted that they got blacks hooked on crack cocaine in the 80's. I thought this was a history board?

>>2963771
>blacks kill each other
good job buddy. But out of all the blacks in prison, a small percentage are murderers. The rest are in there off of drug charges
>>
>>2963378
Bullshit. America has a lower black percentage than ever due to Latin American and Asian immigration.

Hispanic people aren't imprisoned at a high enough rate to warrant this increase. It's all about the dollar.
>>
>>2963779
>it's sociopathic to remove people who are defective by nature
>>
>>2963783
>small percentage are murderers
I would say most of them are violent fucks one way or another, the fact they incarcerated them for drugs and not some other offense is irrelevant.
>>
>>2963788
Oh, now you're also a geneticist? Evolutionary biologist? Developmental psychologist?
Stick to the imageboard shitposting.
>>
>>2963783
Homicide rates for black people from a household making 85,000 a year or over are higher than the rates for white people from a household making 10,000 or less.

In fact, they're more than twice as high.
>>
>>2963524
>First issue is that Hispanics don't commit that much more crime than white people.
Back that up with government stats, rhen. I dare you to go down that rabbit hole. Unless you think the FBI is trying to pad things to be racist.
>>
>>2963791
>black people roam free
>murder rate through the roof

>black people get jailed
>murder rate sharply decreases
This isn't hard to figure out you fat fuck.
>>
>>2963777
lol you got much bigger problems if you don't have $20k to spend on a legal case that might put you in prison
>>
>>2963524
Did this "family unit" also collapse in Haiti, Jamaica, Brazil, South Africa, Bahamas etc? It just seems that the biggest predictor for having a high homicide rate is the presence of black people.
>>
>>2963797
Does that guy need to post the xkcd "correlation not causation" cartoon for you again?
"Commit more crimes" =/= "defective by nature," there are tons of middlemen between nature and complex behaviors in adulthood (like crime) that you choose to ignore (unlike most of the people qualified to make these assessments) because the mental shortcut requires a tenth of the effort and you're a lazy thinker.
>>
>>2963802
And most white people don't.
>>
>>2963812
Then they aren't white.
>>
>>2963810
Race is the single biggest predictor for crime, more than poverty or population density or any of that shit. Rich blacks murder at a higher rate than poor whites. Rural blacks murder at a higher rate than urban whites. Blacks are just a race of murderers.
>>
>>2963735
Christ.
>>2963739
>It's working

What world do you live in where a system works when people are being disproportionately targeted?
>>
>>2963806
I'd rather live in Botswana than Honduras.

In fact, the highest homicide rates seem to all be in Latin America.

I blame the hacienda system of agriculture and unresolved political tensions.
>>
>>2963756
So what, genetically engineer the criminal behavior out if black people?
>>
>>2963813
>le race is not biological but a social construct determined by how much money you have maymay
Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>2963812
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2015/03/26/the-racial-wealth-gap-why-a-typical-white-household-has-16-times-the-wealth-of-a-black-one/#59b142de1f45

Nigger detected.

The average white family has $100,000 in wealth.
>>
>>2963820
>Latin America
Latin America has a fuckload of blacks and mulattos. Brazil and Dominican Republic are great examples, a lot of Brazilian pardos would be considered outright niggers in America.
>>
>>2963827
>I don't understand the difference between net worth and liquid assets
You're the nigger here.
>>
>>2963797
So basically we should just round up all the black people is what you're saying?
>>
>>2963756
I mean let's put it this way, if you discovered all pedophiles also drive on red light, wouldn't it be beneficial to society to put them away for a long time for traffic violations, considering a child molestor cases would be hard to build?
>>
>>2963781
This. It's literally a self sustaining cycle at this point.
>>
>>2963829
Yeah, but they have higher homicide rates than most of sub-Saharan Africa.

Now I imagine some of this disparity is simply the result of African governments keeping worse records, but the primary factor is going to be landless peasants.

Latin America has an economic system built on peasant farmers, and peasant farmers have absolutely no good reason not to go join a cartel and make some beheading videos.

In Africa, the average person would be more likely to have title to the land they farm on, and would therefore have a community and a family that they have to keep happy in order to not get ganked.

Of course, it depends on the country. In places like the Congo, the homicide rate is probably so high that they simply can't measure it, because all of the statisticians and social workers have left. In places like Namibia or Botswana, where there is relative political stability, it's much safer than in Central America.
>>
>>2963832
>he isn't going to take a loan to hire a defense attorney and use any assets he has as collateral
>he's going to risk losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential earnings over the course of his lifetime by getting a felony conviction

lrn2/biz/
>>
>>2963806
crime rate in SA has been going down since the apartheid ended you retard.
>>
>>2963661

FakeNews factory, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
>>
>>2963781
Why doubly think so many black men wer wee locked up in the first place?

Yes, oppression was a huge contributor. But Africans just commit more crime all around the world. No matter what the circumstances, political representation, or culture, blacks are just plain violent and shortsighted. From Jaoan to any African nation to Canada to the U.S. to Russia to the middle east and everywhere else, black crime rates are always higher than everyone else.
>>
>>2963853
>(((take a loan)))
Back to Auschwitz with you.
>>
>>2963860
>he's going to go into a felony trial with a public defender just to avoid paying three or four figures worth of interest

>>>/Section 8/
>>
>>2963756
This. Once you've been charged with even the most minor of felonies it becomes practically impossible to improve your life once you're out of prison and your time in there has hardened you and made you more violent.

Take into account what >>2963735 posted and you keep a perpetual cycle of violence within a particular ethnic community.
>>
File: IMG_0304.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0304.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>2963853
>taking a loan

Oh man, this is actually something blacks would do isnt it
>>
File: Pager-500x393[1].jpg (27KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
Pager-500x393[1].jpg
27KB, 500x393px
>>2963816
You have cited 2 factors, urban status and economic status, which do have effects, albeit small, on crime. If complex behaviors were reducible to wealth and population density and all of those factors acted on their own and not syndemically, we could say blacks are defective by nature. But neither of those is true, and poverty, population density, limitations to employment (some related, as pic related, to discrimination, and some unrelated), and the culture all those factors engender in historically poor and uneducated groups all are contributing factors to people having one or another behavioral trait (like violent crime and drugs) in their adulthood. The factors are so many that anyone speaking decisively on the importance of one over another is at least partially making a guess. But the fact remains, the experience of a black in the United States is in fact different to that of his white counterpart regardless of wealth and population density, and until you can isolate the myriad factors that constitute that (or rather, those) experiences you can't make conclusive or even slightly authoritative conclusions about skin color and crime.

>>2963821
Check the assumptions of your post

>>2963840
Yes, because it wouldn't prevent people from becoming child molesters in the first place and it would put tons of people not bound to be child molesters in prison for the potential crimes of people who simply share a non-criminal (ok, for running red lights, slightly criminal) characteristic or set of characteristics with them. This example also fails to illustrate the intergenerational effect of mass incarceration, considering pedophiles are not mostly (though more often than the general population) born out of pedophile homes
>>
>>2963856
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/south-africa-murder-rate-51-killed-every-day-rise-49-per-cent-a7224176.html
>>
>>2963862
I wouldn't go into a felony trial because I'm not a criminal to begin with.
>>
>>2963840
>Muh thoughtcrime
Why would you lock up pedophiles when they're literally less likely to commit sex crimes against children than non-pedophiles? That's like locking up everyone with a car poster on their bedroom wall on the assumption that they're more likely to speed, while ignoring all the people that actually own cars.
>>
>>2963873
>when they're literally less likely to commit sex crimes against children than non-pedophiles

By definition, if somebody commits a sex crime against a child, they are a pedophile.

Not all pedophiles commit sex crimes against children, but all sex crimes against children are committed by pedophiles.

Squares and rectangles, nigga.
>>
>>2963856
White South African here.

This. It peaked for a bit post apartheid but it's down to apartheid levels now.

>>2963868
Is correct that it has been increasing recently but it is wildly inaccurate to say that crime is up tremendously post apartheid.
>>
>>2963868
from the article
>South Africa's murder rate has risen by nearly 20 per cent in four years, although officials said the numbers are still lower than before the end of apartheid in 1994.
>>
>>2963867
Poor, rural, uneducated, heroin addicted, high school dropout whites in buttfuck Kentucky have nowhere near the murder rates of East St. Louis or Detroit. Blacks are simply violent because of MAOA and no amount of mental gymnastics about muh social factors can negate that.
>>
>>2963867
Incarceration is the best form of prevention.
>>
>>2963884
ayy mane, where you from?
My dad brought a house in cape town recently. Also Kalk bay is pretty GOAT
>>
>>2963378
But there are more whites in prison than there were in the past too, proportionally.
>>
>>2963890
If genetics is the primary factor, why is Botswana so much safer than El Salvador, and why are black people in New York City so much less homicidal than black people in Baltimore?

History matters.
>>
>>2963891
Actually it's one of the worst. It's expensive not just in tax cost but also due to the loss of workforce.

Rehabilitation based justice systems are far better at preventing crime and saving money.
>>
>>2963900
Don't forget the Igbo people. They're a very intelligent ethnic group within Africa.
>>
>>2963867
>posts a pic and implies it's mainly discrimination
>tells others to check their assumptions

Maybe I'm biased because I hire and fire people, but in my experience black candidates almost never prepare for interviews at all and bomb the fuck out of them, or do get hired anyway and end up being nothing but terrible and get let go in the first week if they even bothered to show up. It eventually becomes a self fulfilling prophecy with the older hiring managers who start to see it as a waste of time to bother with them. Business cares about the color green the most and the vast majority of discrimination comes from experience.
>>
>>2963905
>loss of workforce
I'm sure the loss of thousands of black burger flippers and gas station attendants are a brutal strain on the workforce, especially in a country that struggles with unemployment and has the highest net immigration numbers on the planet.
>>
>>2963859
>Why do you think so many black men were locked up in the first place?
Because the laws are retarded and designed in such a way that everyone is guilty of something. It would take literally more than a lifetime just to read through all of the laws that apply to a single normal, average person throughout his life. Then, once you get sent to prison for something arbitrary, you're more likely to commit an actual crime (meaning violate the NAP) when you get out.

It's an ineffectual system that actually creates more crime than it prevents and reduces quality of life for the noncriminal population.
>>
>>2963896
Joberg.
>>
>>2963900
>NYC is 28% black
>Baltimore is 63% black
That's why NYC has a lower murder rate.
>>
>>2963921
ANy tips about going to the Kruger national park?
>>
>>2963900
Right. What bothers me about /pol/ is how they don't understand how averages work.
>>
>>2963914
>person gets felony
>person is no longer able to obtain job
>person makes hundreds of thousands of dollars less dosh over the course of lifetime
>government ends up paying to keep their broke ass from starving
>they commit more crimes, because they have nothing else to do
>government spends thousands on another felony prosecution and thirty thousand a year to keep said negro locked up
>?????????
>no profit

Fuck off with your feelings, we're discussing economics here.
>>
>>2963890
Then why are black homicide, imprisonment, and IQ rates so disparate by geography?

Black people in Queens are nothing like black people in Detroit, statistically.
>>
>>2963929
>black guy commits felony
>black guy gets deported to a penal colony in Guantanamo and has his citizenship revoked
>black guy can never return to the US
That would be the ideal scenario.
>>
>>2963900
>all examples with higher homicide rates than white or Asian countries

Nobody is denying that history matters or that other factors are at play. But the simple fact is,if you take a million black babies, raise them from birth on an entirely different planet, they'd end up with higher crime rates than the east Asian or white planets by miles. Genetics matter too, and more.
>>
>>2963930
There are other factors than race, but race is the most relevant factor. I'm willing to bet those blacks in Queens murder at a higher rate than any other group in Queens.
>>
>>2963911
This has been a theory of mine for a while. It basically boils down to the concept that money/power knows no color. At the highest level of society, people are selected for the money they have or can generate. People aren't selected to fulfill some diversity quota - they are selected because they are qualified. And that's how the world works. Any debate beyond this is just stupid liberals trying to power grab
>>
>>2963923
The homicide rate in Baltimore is nearly 20 times that of New York CIty.

This dictates that the average New York black is less homicidal than the average person from Baltimore.

This means that either black people in Baltimore have dramatically different genetics, or social and economic factors can change violent crime rates by nearly an order of magnitude within the same race, within the same country.
>>
>>2963929
It honestly astounds me how many people I see supporting the most costly, economically retarded systems because it fucks black people over. They'd be completely fine with wasting their own money and the money on other taxpayers over pointless shit.

Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.
>>
>>2963933
No, Botswana vs El Salvador proves that isn't the case.

Even if genetics does have an impact on criminal behavior (which has not been conclusively proven), the ability for other factors to override the racial average suggest that genetics do not necessarily matter more.
>>
>>2963931
So basically the most unconstitutional, brutal prison system imaginable.
>>
>>2963867
To expand on this, to say that race is the best predictor of crime is also not equivalent of saying race causes crime. Race is also a great predictor of poverty, of population density, of excessive imprisonment, of systematic discrimination in labor, of having a mediocre education, of dabbling in a culture that is conductive to crime and mores that are at odds with the rest of society, that is conductive to segregation which has increased over the last few decades, etc. - Each of these may be only a slight predictor of crime, but put together they are strong predictors.

>>2963890
Poor, rural, uneducated, heroin addicted dropout whites in Kentucky and WV do have higher murder rates and have higher rates of tons of crimes than the average population, but even their experience isn't quite the same as blacks in terms of conviction rates vs crime rates or in terms of social interaction with the rest of the country. No, I'm not belittling the suffering of so-called white trash, but their experiences are simply different.

> Blacks are simply violent because of MAOA and no amount of mental gymnastics about muh social factors can negate that.
You're taking a painfully simplistic approach to genetics and gene expression that shows off you've never stepped into a genetics or epidemiology classroom. Let's take the 34% European expression of the "violent" Monoamine oxidase A variant in Europeans and 58% in blacks. Not only, at first sight, does it not seem to explain that black crime is more than double that of whites-somehow, the 34% sample of European descendants who should be violent isn't committing as much crime as an equivalent 34% slice of blacks. This alone should tell you that it isn't as simple as genes. Looking deeper, absolutely no complex behavior is attributable by psychologists, epidemiologists, geneticists, etc. to a single gene or a set thereof. Genes need expression, which may (and in fact, is for MAOA) be regulated up and down by (CONTINUED)
>>
>>2963949

...Epigenetic factors, which in turn need to play out in such a way that they influence the complex thinking and executive decision making of a human (last time I checked Homo sapiens isn't as hormonally driven to live its life as mice, is it?). These epigenetic factors include, but aren't limited to, traumatic experiences in childhood, by the way. These are some of the links in the decades-long human-environment interactions that result in the crime we speak of. This isn't mental gymnastics, as you say, it's seeing complex situations for what they are and not opting for a simple brainlet explanation.

>>2963911
In this experiment, the same exact resumes were sent with "white" and "black" names on them. This is how an experimental setting is approximated. Evidently something other than the quality of the applicant is at play here.
>>
>>2963613

because you reek of R*ddit
>>
>>2963933
>But the simple fact is,if you take a million black babies, raise them from birth on an entirely different planet, they'd end up with higher crime rates than the east Asian or white planets by miles

Nobody has actually demonstrated this.

Intelligence is a multivariate genetic trait, which means that it's dictated by hundreds, possibly thousands of different genes interacting in ways we don't understand.

Nobody has found the genes that code for intelligence, and nobody knows enough about the relationship between genetics and intelligence to guess what somebody's IQ will be like based on their genetic code.

Adoption studies have been inconclusive. Black people with no white admixture don't have higher IQs than black people with one white grandparent.

If you can prove me wrong, do it faggot.
>>
>>2963949
>No, I'm not belittling the suffering of so-called white trash, but their experiences are simply different.
Their experience is different because they aren't doing drive-bys on rival turfs and aren't stabbing each other to death over a basketball game. It's that simple.
>>
>>2963951
>In this experiment, the same exact resumes were sent with "white" and "black" names on them. This is how an experimental setting is approximated. Evidently something other than the quality of the applicant is at play here
You didn't even bother to read my post, did you?
>>
>>2963951
>In this experiment, the same exact resumes were sent with "white" and "black" names on them.
Would you rather hire a guy called John Smith or a guy called D'Brickashawn Quantrelle McNigger III?
>>
if you don't want to be in jail then you need only follow the law, it's that simple
>>
>>2963938
bullshit
>>
>>2963475
>The problem was something that happened after Civil Rights act/Drug wars and just before Gangster rap.
>That is privatization of prison.
WRONG
That is the creation of crack, which brought a whole new level of profitability to street level drug dealing, which causes a spike in violence, which causes the enactment of legislation to combat said spike in crime, which leads to more people in prison.

"Privatization" of prisons is just a Marxist boogyman.
>>
>>2963931
That's unamerican

If you prefer laws like that, go to Saudi Arabia or North Korea
>>
>>2963979
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

That's the nice thing about the truth, it stays the same whether or not you believe it.

Baltimore: 55.4/100,000

New York City: 3.0/100,000

Even if every single white person in New York City committed zero crime, black people in New York City would still have to commit less violent crime than black people in Baltimore.

Now go back to /pol/.
>>
>>2963931
this. Also owning of firearms must be illegal and a felony.
>>
>>2963982
Crack was the latest of a series of waves, starting with heroin in the 60s, and cocaine in the 70s.
>>
>>2963530
>When you make prison a for profit venture it makes economic sense to lobby for tougher laws.
Right it's the EVIL corporation that lobbies for tougher laws, not the beleaguered communities drowning under a tidal wave of crackheads and gangbangers! The idea that the communities themselves would push for stricter laws targeting the criminals that prey upon them is ridiculous!
>>
File: 1317828372859.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1317828372859.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
>>2963992
Anon just got blown the fuck out
>>
>>2963957
Right, and you have yet to provide evidence that genetics is behind this different.

The average social conditions between poor black and poor white people are so different that even if genes do play a factor, ignoring any potential influence from the many other factors (population density, employment, social mobility, culture, relationship with local authorities, quality of education, likelihood of a present father figure, even lead content in water) is reductionist to the point of dishonesty and blatantly unscientific.
>>
>>2963963
Attitudes like yours exacerbate the racial disparity.
>>
>>2963963
Though of course McNigger is probably not a popular family name, that we'd discriminate two candidates of equal experiences on the basis of a name isn't what I'd call just or meritocratic for that matter.

>>2963957

>>2963960
Sincerest apologies, I thought you'd just gone on a rant and overread you. Nonetheless, you can appreciate how the expectation perpetuates itself, right? If you expect the black applicant to be worse than his white counterpart and so do most people, or enough people to make a (as the graph shows) statistically significant difference, that's gonna have long term repercussions on the economic and social performance of the people in question.

>>2964005
I didn't post this but I'm kind of tired of typing and I fully agree with this, so kudos to this anon.
>>
>>2963992
you cant trust Wikipedia in 2017
>>
>>2963986
I thought America was a brutal fascist white supremacist country where the trail of tears happened, where Japanese got incarcerated simply for being Japanese and where blacks were treated as property? And then when it suits your argument, deporting blacks is unamerican. You liberals simply can't make up your minds.
>>
>>2963882
>By definition, if somebody commits a sex crime against a child, they are a pedophile.
Nope. You have to commit a sex crime against a child AND have a sexual preference for prepubescents, according to the APA. Using the more general understanding of the term (anyone with a sexual preference for prepubescents), 22% of all men are pedophiles (Schuster, 2014) while only 17% of convicted sex offenders have pedophilic preferences (Kesicky, et al., 2014)(Seto & Lalumiére, 2001).
>>
>>2964005
This. The differences between a poor black community and a poor white communities is staggering. Besides income there's not really alike in anything.
>>
>>2964016
The statistics are straight from the Department of Justice.

You gonna tell me Eric Holder went out of his way to make a majority black, Democrat governed city look like a shithole?
>>
>>2964022
If you commit a sex crime against a child, you logistically have a sexual attraction to children.
>>
>>2964019
Just because America has it's black marks like any other country doesn't mean we can't make it better.

>I thought America was a brutal fascist white supremacist country where the trail of tears happened, where Japanese got incarcerated simply for being Japanese and where blacks were treated as property

Also, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Those are all true save for maybe the fascist part.
>>
>>2964031
About 90% of the population shows measurable arousal to prepubescent stimuli. If that's your measure, maybe we should just lock everyone up. After all, you don't even have to be hard to grope a kid.
>>
>>2964019
>Liberals are the bad guys because they want the US to live up to it's ideals of a land where all men are created equal

Really activated my almonds.
>>
>>2964013
Individual meritocracy isn't real and is as much of a pipe dream as communism or ancap. Even when you meet a white guy called Moonshine Rockstar, you will think of him lower because having a retarded name means retarded parents gave it to him, and the fact his parents were retards will heavily imply he is a retard as well because they passed their retard genes on him. It's how basic social instinct works. I'm 100% positive a black guy named John Smith will have an easier time in life than some black guy named with some portmanteau of a cleaning product and a faux-Italian name.
>>
File: le_smug.jpg (47KB, 573x681px) Image search: [Google]
le_smug.jpg
47KB, 573x681px
>>2964016

>y-y-you c-can't trust JEWPedia, right fellow magapedes, h-h-hehehe.

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>2964043
>ideals
According to the laws written by the founding fathers, only white men could become naturalized citizens. So the American founding ideals you speak of were very much "racist".
>>
>>2964042
If you rape a child, you're sexually attracted to them to the point where you'd be willing to rape them.

This degree of sexual attraction to prepubescent human beings is commonly referred to as pedophilia.
>>
>>2964042
>About 90% of the population shows measurable arousal to prepubescent stimuli.
What's the source of that, NAMBLA propaganda?
>>
>>2964044
A John Smith will certainly have an easier time than some black guy named a portmanteau (or, Portmanteau). But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it otherwise, if someone is unqualified for a job it shouldn't be determined because of his name rather than because of his resume. Yes, in reality it's very unlikely to completely resolve the issue, but we should still try to ameliorate it as much as possible if we're to become closer to the meritocracy we aspire to be.
>>
>>2963982
Evidence proves otherwise, friend.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0734016813478823

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison-industry-in-the-united-states-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289

http://news.wisc.edu/study-finds-private-prisons-keep-inmates-longer-without-reducing-future-crime/

https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=5lBraTDtiSgC&oi=fnd&pg=PA1&dq=evidence+private+prisons+more+incarceration&ots=XTqq1TEu7H&sig=oYYaCOHR9-G-YwVGJ57TFqhY0-M#v=onepage&q=evidence%20private%20prisons%20more%20incarceration&f=false

Privatization of prisons not only leads to worse conditions and higher recidivism, but creates a powerful special interest group lobbying for longer sentences and more convictions. Often, these "Marxist propagandists" are onto something.
>>
>>2963386
Hello reddît!
>>
>>2964026
like what? Oh yeah RACE

Differences in culture and speech and income all come from race/biology
>>
>>2964051
>Rape is always and only about sex
>Sex offenses only involve penetration
>Penetration of a minor is always rape
Come on, anon. You're smarter than that.
>>
>>2963982
The crack epidemic started in the early 80s, but the murder rates and general violence were already rising sharply by the mid 60s. The 70s were violent as fuck. Think of how shitty Detroit is now and realize most American large cities were basically Detroit-level warzones during the 70s.
>>
>>2964064
>Rape is always and only about sex
>non-consentual sex is always and only about sex
Yeah I'd assume so.
>>
>>2964065
yeah because that period endured uninterrupted liberal domination from JFK to Carter

The only "Republicans" in this period were big government liberals who behaved identically to modern Dems in their racism and corruption
>>
>>2964057
You discriminate every day. If you decide not to go to Chipotle because of the e-coli scandal, it doesn't mean every single burrito Chipotle ever made contained e-coli, but you opting not to go there is a rational decision.
>>
>>2964074
>uninterrupted liberal domination from JFK to Carter

NIGGER

YOU

WHAT
>>
>>2964005
>you have yet to provide evidence that genetics is behind this different
Look up the prevalence of MAOA among black males.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24326626
>>
File: slurp.webm (87KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
slurp.webm
87KB, 400x268px
>>2964063
Blacks speak AAVE, live where they do, and have worked in the sectors they have since their arrival in the continent in 1619 because of the Monoamine Oxidase A gene which 34% of European Americans also have. Of course, this is not a claim biologists actually make, but your brainlet understanding of biology suffices for you to make these conclusions
>>
>>2963938
You're not taking into account the fact that the Baltimore police department employs 3,000 people while the NYPD employs 50,000 people. Sure NYC is bigger than Baltimore but it's not SIXTEEN TIMES bigger.

NYC has a lower homicide rate because there's a literal army of police officers patrolling it, not because blacks in NYC are different than blacks in Baltimore.
>>
>>2964084
See >>2964081

>Recently, though, some evidence has emerged indicating that a rare allele of the MAOA gene-that is, the 2-repeat allele-may have effects on violence that are independent of the environment.
>INDEPENDENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT
>Analyses revealed that African-American males who carry the 2-repeat allele are significantly more likely than all other genotypes to engage in shooting and stabbing behaviors and to report having multiple shooting and stabbing victims.
>>
>>2964075
It's an informed decision, but that doesn't make it rational. You're playing off your own assumptions to believe the mom-and-pop Mexican place down the street is safer than Chipotle, when in fact it likely far more lackadaisical health precautions.

Similarly, declining to hire a person with an ethnic name due to racial bias can be informed but not rational. It's unlikely that you as an employer have evidence suggesting that black employees are statistically less productive in your line of work. Instead, societal prejudice against black people contributes to your personal bias.

>>2964048
Source? I don't believe the constitution had restrictions on race or gender for naturalization. Just voting.
>>
>>2964051
Explain prison rape genius
>>
>>2964093
Not constitution, the naturalization laws.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790
>This law limited naturalization to immigrants who were free white persons of good character. It thus excluded American Indians, indentured servants, slaves, free blacks and later Asians although free blacks were allowed citizenship at the state level in certain states.
>>
>>2964056
Source is studies using penile plethysmography to keep self-deceptive moralizers like you honest. 99.6% of the population claims to have no level of attraction to minors whatsoever (including pubescents and sexually mature minors), while >20% of the population is literally more sexually aroused by 5-11 year olds than by adults (see: >>2964022). You really doubt that there's a much larger population with non-zero (but weaker than to adults) attraction to children? Once you include 11-14 year olds into the equation, it's only the most hardcore gerontophiles who aren't interested at all.
>>
>>2964078
In this time the USA was dominated by liberals who tricked poor whites and used gibs to keep blacks happy. Watch dinesh de souza's material on Democrat new slavery.

Johnson discussed this openly, he was a racist but used phony civil rights laws to keep blacks as easy Democrat puppets.

At this time every city was a corrupt Democrat machine so Republicans who wanted to be elected had to suck Dem cock before Reagan
>>
>>2964058
Nah, that's horse-shit.
A). I no longer trust a single thing that comes out of sociology studies
B). Even if I did, showing that private prisons are inferior to state ones is not the same thing as proving the conspiracy theory that America has strict anti-crime laws because of "special interest lobbying groups", and not because of people getting fed up with being murdered by drug-dealers and drug-addicts.
>>
>>2964081
>>2964092
I already responded to this >>2963949 here and >>2963951 here. Was it too much for you to read?
As for the claim "independent of the environment," I don't have access through the SpringerLink paywall to read the whole article, but I'd like to see them account for at least 5 confounding environmental variables (out of dozens) in their article to sustain the "INDEPENDENT OF ENVIRONMENT" claim. And, as said in the referenced posts, the alleged effects of these genes don't correspond to actual crime rate differences considering 34% vs 58% prevalence difference. I don't intend to repeat myself any further, go read it.
>>2964075
The repercussion of me not giving Chipotle my business because they gave me a fever and the runs a few months ago isn't making a whole class of people poorer. It may be rational to only hire whites and Asians right now, but it's another link in the chain that makes other demographics undesirable and perpetuates their poverty. I'm not pointing fingers at you and calling you an asshole or looking down upon you because you've discriminated so as to warrant a "you discriminate too" response, I'm saying even if the ideal of no discrimination isn't fully attainable we should pursue an approximation to it for the well-being of the discriminated humans in question and to make our society's success really merit based.
>>
>>2964065
Right which disprives the idea that the increase in the number of prisoners is the result of private prisons rather than the result of a society getting sick of crime.
>>
>>2964104
So basically you just choose to ignore evidence that you don't agree with.
>>
>>2964099
So it wasn't just white men, then. I don't think anybody would deny that many founders of the US were hypocritical in their failure to affirm their own universalizing liberal rhetoric.

>>2964092
>A rare allele of the MAOA gene

Doesn't prove your point. Sorry bud.
>>
>>2964107
>The repercussion of me not giving Chipotle my business because they gave me a fever and the runs a few months ago isn't making a whole class of people poorer.
Actually it might as well be, Chipotle ends up losing profit and having to fire a chunk of their employees to offset losses, making them unemployed and thus poorer. So yes, you not going to Chipotle does contribute to someone's poverty.
>>
>>2963992
>>2964001
>>2964028
>>2964046
see
>>2964089
>>
>>2964104
Hahaha the right's argument really is nothing more than "feels>reals"
>>
>>2964121
Not going to chipotle isn't withholding economic activity. That I'm no longer eating their burritos (this is true, been sick twice from eating there) doesn't mean I'm not giving my business (my hunger) to another restaurant or franchise that in turn gets more profits, becomes bigger, hires more people. On a macro scale, economic activity and employment among restaurant workers remains the same unless I choose to eat more at home.
>>
>>2964128
>Not going to chipotle isn't withholding economic activity.
Neither is employing John Smith instead of Jamarcus McNigger.
>>
>>2964121
He's not organizing a boycott. If his business was the only thing propping up Chipotle, maybe it's better for everyone that he stopped eating there.
>>
>>2964104
Lmao fuck out of here.

At least when you guys post exaggerated infographics you're making some semblance of an argument. Refusing to acknowledge evidence because it proves you wrong is just embarrassing.
>>
>>2964129
It is in the black demographic. I presume Chipotle doesn't only hire one demographic of people that other restaurants don't hire.
>>
>>2963487
Like China and Philippine, they also ban drugs, but they'll probably just shot druglords directly rather than keep them in prison. Better and more efficient than "American way".
>>
>>2964089
>>2964123
Except the Baltimore PD and New York PD make up roughly the same % of the population (0.52% and 0.58%, respectfully)
>>
>>2964081
>>2964092
Proof-read your shit. That article is referring to a rare mutation of a rare gene only accepting a minute percentage of black men.
>>
>>2964117
No I ignore conclusions arrived at via interpretations of evidence I consider to be ideologically driven rather than factually driven. I do not dispute the claim that private prisons are shitholes, I dispute the claim that private prisons are the cause of our massive prison population.
>>
>>2964107
I like how you demonstrate confirmation bias cranked up to 11 when you don't scrutinize bullshit research in psychology journals yet a genetic study is questioned out the ass because its conclusions don't align with your ideology.
>>
>>2964136
damn /pol/ is really getting their shit pushed in today
>>
>>2964144
>>2964143
>Research is bullshit if it contradicts my biases

Nice
>>
>>2963324
>>2963377
>>2963530
Save it, you just want an excuse to smoke weeds and push your degenerated, corrupted drug abusing agenda.
>>
>>2964144
Because what I posted in what I presume you refer to with "bullshit research in psychology journals" is a piece of data, not a claim and much less an extraordinary one like the one made by that abstract. You should be able to tell the difference if you were familiar enough with research. Is the content of my scrutiny flawed?
>>
>>2964140
Which is irrelevant as there are still more cops per square mile in NYC than Baltimore.
>>
>>2964152
>Not wanting to sent people to prison and turn them into hardened felons with little prospect but turning to violent crime after they are released is supporting drugs

Our excessively harsh sentences for drug usage does nothing but create even more hardened criminals.
>>
>>2964158
And more people (i.e. more potential criminals).
>>
>>2964151
>If I call something "research" that means it's good and deserves respect.
Sociology "research" has proven itself to be ideologically driven garbage.
>>
>>2964158
Which is also irrelevant, there are ~62 cops per square mile in NY while ~13 cops per square mile in Baltimore which comes out to 4.7 times more cops per square mile in New York, yet New York's homicide rate is nearly 20 times lower than Baltimore's.

So even if you account for the # of cops per square mile, it still doesn't negate my point.
>>
>>2964164
So how come crime rates went down after the war on drugs started?
>>
>>2964170
>more people
Irrelevant as the police do not function by policing individual citizens but by serving as a visual deterrent. Policing is based on projecting the illusion of the omnipresence of the state, the more police in an area the more the people feel the state's presence, the less they feel they can escape the authority of the state.
>>
>>2964204
So you admit that social factors are more important than genetics.
>>
>>2963510

Some are. Even more hilarious is the fact that the companies that own these prisons lobby for harsher prison sentences and can use prisoners as cheap labour.
>>
>>2964174
>What are compounding effects
The entire world doesn't run on 1:1 ratios for things you mong.
>>
>>2964174
You're not taking into account the fact that Black neighborhoods require more policing than White neighborhoods. As has been pointed out Baltimore is 63% black while NYC is only 28% black, that means that Baltimore has to patrol 63% of it's area with the same intensity NYC has to apply to only 28% of it's area, while having less officers at it's disposal.

This is of course an oversimplification as blacks do not necessarily live in 28% of NYC, when taking into account population density.
>>
>>2964210
Not at all.
I admit that the genetic factors are fixed and any deviation is more the result of social factors than some magical difference in black people.
>>
>>2964171
By whom? If you have any evidence that contradicts ours, provide it.

All I've seen is an article about a rare genetic mutation affecting some black men.
>>
>>2964242
Well, the thing I'd argue is.

>black communities suffer from a variety of economic conditions that lower IQ, such as obese/smoking/drinking/crackhead mothers, poor prenatal and childhood nutrition, poor education and socialization
>these conditions are not distributed uniformly across the United States
>regardless of inherent genetic differences, the primary determinant of socioeconomic outcomes within the United States is family environment, followed by educational and economic environment
>the rate at which nigs will nig can be changed dramatically by government policy
>>
>>2964258
I guess at the end of the day they will always be the White Man's Burden to put specialized resourced into?
>>
>>2964719
Not really. As someone mentioned above we have plenty of successful African immigrants coming into the country so the idea that native black Americans will always lag behind loses traction.

The problem is finding a solution. Unfortunately, that becomes a much more complicated issue.
>>
>>2964738
That's now how bell curves work. Picking the top couple percentage in immigrants doesn't make the entire bell curve move over.

Why can't /his/ into simple statistical understanding?
>>
>>2964256
Why should I provide additional evidence when it is not your evidence I disagree with necessarily, but your conclusions?
>>
>>2964776
Cause you're ignoring the evidence I present against you, dumbass.

Again, the right falls back on "I'm correct because I say so"
>>
>>2964738
>successful African immigrants
>the solution to the negro problem is importing more negroes
No fuck off already, you can have you sambotopia in Africa, entire continent at your disposal.
>>
>>2964763
You're right, it doesn't make the bell curve move over. However, it's pretty shortsighted to assume it's all a factor of race that the average IQ is so low in Africa. The continent is rife with famine, disease, etc. That's a far more compelling argument than the simple "Africans are dumb as a race argument."

>>2964805
My argument was that since African immigrants are successful in the US it doesn't support the notion that native black Americans will always lag behind. Not that importing Africans will solve the issue.
>>
>>2964719
We shipped them over here.

We certainly shouldn't allow any more brown people here, but we brought them here; they're are problem now.
>>
>>2964801
I'm not ignoring it, I acknowledge that private prisons are shitholes, the thing is prisons being shitholes is nothing new, and alleging that private industry has an interest in manipulating the law to their benefit is not the same thing as proving it.
>>
>>2963322
Niggers were given rights
>>
>>2963938
NYC is a police state with zero regards for the constitution, for one.
>>
>>2964028
Not disagreeing with you, but
>Implying Eric Holder cares about the truth
>>
>>2964857
Yeah, but he'd want to make Democrats and black people look better, not worse.

Baltimore is an example of the worst of both.
>>
>>2964852
Are DC and Chicago not?
>>
>>2964817
>My argument was that since African immigrants are successful in the US it doesn't support the notion that native black Americans will always lag behind.
African immigrants to the US tend to be upper class (disregarding the 50 IQ Somalian rapefugees), of course they're gonna be better than descendants of literal slaves, who are genetically predisposed to be eternal underclass.
>>
>>2964868
The difference is NYC has more cops to work with.
>>
>>2964879
Slaves tended to be from different societies than the slavers.

You'd have the Africans on the coast setting up kingdoms, sending armies inland to go capture more slaves for the international market, selling the slaves for guns, and then using the guns to capture more slaves.

There wouldn't really be a selection pressure, the people in the jungle never had any chance to escape.
>>
>>2963781

This Nigga Goin In. I approve of the post.
>>
>>2963344

>government prisons aren't profit driven

My sides
>>
The population of the US has exploded, so what the fuck do you expect?
>>
Because America has objectively the worst Justice system in the West.
>http://www.cbsnews.com/news/30-years-on-death-row-exoneration-60-minutes/
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (71KB, 605x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
71KB, 605x327px
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- About 10,000 people in the United States may be wrongfully convicted of serious crimes each year, a new study suggests.

The results are based on a survey of 188 judges, prosecuting attorneys, public defenders, sheriffs and police chiefs in Ohio and 41 state attorneys general.
https://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/ronhuff.htm
>>
>>2964061
>>2963601
>>2963586
>>2963419
>>2963397
>>2963391
It's a funny comic holy fuck guys
>>
>>2963322
Lack of socialistic safetynet policies that prevent people from falling into dire circumstances and poverty and eventually into crime. But then again, living in a crime infested society is worth it than give up another $1000 from your monthly pay, right?
>>
>>2963322
Americans had the bright idea of locking negros away for tnb before they kill someone
>>
>>2963378
>1980 United States Census 81% non-hispanic White.[2][4]
>non-hispanic White prison population in 1980 was up 400% on 1960 numbers. Their proportion of the imprisoned population actually increased from 72% to 73% in this time period.[14][18]

Hmm sorry /pol/. Try again!
>>
>>2963979
>this mad he got BTFO
>>
>>2963963
>using hyperbole
not helping your case
>>
>>2964104
>evidence contradicts my bullshit views?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MARXISM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pathetic
>>
>>2964776
>why should I provide evidence?
because this isn't /pol/
>>
>>2964102
I bet you think the "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for 60 years" quote was real too
>>
File: 1494977821992.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
1494977821992.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>it's another "/pol/ gets BTFO thread"
>>
>>2963322
Niggers, pretty much.
>>
>>2964191
laughable comment
>>
>>2965107
its not
>>
>>2964897
I don't know what that has to do with anything I said.
>>
>>2965645
Being named Jamal is not any less cringeworthy than being named D'Quashon.
>>
>>2964102
>Distorts D'Newza
>>
>>2965719
Well explain it then. Why did they go down?
>>
African American culture is kind of analogous to that of gypsies. The herd mentality, stealing and crime in general are ingrained into their heads from birth.

It's really hard to convey why so many people here don't like to associate with blacks or why some even fear seeing them until you come up with a sensible analogy.

I've met a fuckton of good black people that don't indulge in that subculture and they're genuinely good people. The most they'll do is listen to stereotypical rap. ANYONE (black, white, etc.) who does indulge in that subculture is usually shit.

tl;dr: black American culture is the cancer killing the black community.
>>
>>2963378
can you imagine being this unwilling to accept facts lmao
>>
>>2965735
Why?
>>
>>2966437
because it hurts /pol/'s feefees
>>
>>2963322
Fun fact: The US prison population, in percentage of total populaton, is on par with the peak prison/GULAG population of the Stalin era.
>>
>>2963759
Explain Asians
>>
>>2963781
If you don't do crime, you wouldn't get locked up
>>
>>2966791
If you didn't over-criminalize bullshit offenses, you wouldn't have massive numbers of criminals.
>>
>>2966773
Not that I really doubt this but do you have source?
>>
>>2963732
>Better lock everybody up so nobody murders each-other!
>>
>>2963322
Police State, plain and simple. The fiscal year 2018 budget is going to make that number even higher with cuts on everything except "defense".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_dictatorship
>>
>>2966795
The fact that most of these "over-criminalised offenders" happens to be black and it'll became a racial thing tells you something
>>
>>2966813
I was going to respond but I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're arguing. Can you clarify?
>>
>>2965743
it actually spiked up
>>
File: drug0000.gif (4KB, 364x246px) Image search: [Google]
drug0000.gif
4KB, 364x246px
>>2966919
It didn't. While it's true that Nixon declared war on drugs in '71, it was just a formal proclamation, drug related arrests started spiking up only with Reagan. And, shockingly, it reduced crime.
>>
File: hom1.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hom1.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>2966927
that pic doesn't show that crime was reduced, it just shows that more arrests happen

murder rates shot up again during Reagan's policies only going down by the turn of the Millennium
>>
>>2966943
Your pic proves me right, homicides peaked in 1980 shortly before drug arrests started spiking up. By the 90s when they spiked up even more, homicides were sharply decreasing.
>>
>>2963963
>qualifying people because of a name and not whether they are actually qualified

You're the reason why America is turning to shit
>>
>>2966962
Yes anon it's my fault, not the absurd of non-whites soon taking majority of the population.
>>
>>2963982
>"Privatization" of prisons is just a Marxist boogyman.
>calling anything a bogeyman when falling for the stormfag 'marxism' bogeyman
wew lad

Are you retarded? How dumb are you that you actually like the idea of individual freedom and justice be subject partially to the desire for profit on a private party's behalf? BTW, the same perverse incentives that plague private prisons are at work in public unions, particularly those of (public) prison guards, police, and teachers at that.
>>
>>2964139
China doesn't have a prison problem
The Philippines doesn't have a drug problem
Lmao
>>
>>2964139
Drug laws in China aren't the same as the US as the punishment for most is literally death
>>
>>2964104
Lmao what
>hte Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) and GEO Group, the country's two largest private-prison companies, have contributed $10 million to candidates and pushed $25 million into lobbying efforts since 1989
>>
File: 1369843130920.jpg (30KB, 320x308px) Image search: [Google]
1369843130920.jpg
30KB, 320x308px
>>2966943
>tfw grew up as a white kid in Detroit in the 80s
wew lads
>>
>>2967267
what do you think of the original robocop?
>>
>>2963997
>The idea that the communities themselves would push for stricter laws targeting the criminals that prey upon them is ridiculous!
Because the communities themselves don't push for stricter laws, its typically the gated white communities a few miles down the road that do that. Most of the actual crime-ridden communities push for greater community outreach and greater social interaction in the hopes of keeping their impressionable idiot kids from being swept up by the thug culture.
>>
>>2963688
>share of people born between 1957 and 1965
>>
>>2966927
>Gang and drug related crime did not rise during the 80's
Wew lad
>>
>>2966780
he cant.

>you wont believe this group of minorities. liberals hate them.
>>
>>2963378
>nations with the exact same laws

Most civilised nations do not have 'the exact same laws' as the USA because the USA is a terrible nation to imitate with a poor track record on human rights.
>>
>>2963986
Not to defend the Saud, but they do have trials there.
>>
>>2967989
Not him but there's a huge difference between Asian and native black Americans. For one, a huge amount of said Asians are coming over with a college education and have significant income and don't have a fractured home life. This means that their children have far better access to resources and a good education due to their parents education and are able to continue the cycle.

Compare that to some poor black kid. There's a good chance he's in a low income community with less access to resources, his father is likely not in the picture (which makes it depressingly likely that he will do the same to his children) and the local gang tends to have a big influence on his local community as well as himself.

Hell, that's completely ignoring African immigrants who come to this country and are on average have twice the rate of higher education attainment than the average white american.
>>
>>2966780
Asians are racialized entirely different Black people, especially because most arrive as immigrant professionals.

Asian Americans have their own baggage, but nothing comparable to the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow. Very few Asian Americans are descendents of people who experienced the extreme anti-Asian oppression of the 19th century.
>>
>>2963656
Jontron please fuck off the nearest cliff
>>
>>2967225
>China doesn't have a prison problem
>Philippines don't have a drug problem
Are you blind
>>
>>2964120
>So it wasn't just white men, then.
Yes it was, until the mid 1800s when citizenship rights got extended to blacks. If you immigrated to America in 1800 AD it would be practically impossible for you to get naturalized if you weren't white.
>>
File: murder rate income.png (26KB, 536x392px) Image search: [Google]
murder rate income.png
26KB, 536x392px
>>2968676
He's right.
>>
>>2964098
Children are in prison with grown men?
>>
>>2968692
Are you forgetting that women exist?
>>
>>2968737
I'd prefer to forget.
>>
The idea that rap is to blame for crime is as much as a meme as saying action movies, Tv, or vidya is

T. Carribean American or African American according to every single form I've had to fill
>>
File: 1496973458247.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496973458247.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>2968721
Where's the rest

Also is it taking into fact that regardless of income blacks are more likely to be convicted over a white? Or how comically easy it is for a rich white person to not be convincted?
>>
>>2969031
Whites are maybe getting away with smoking weed or gambling. Not with murder. It's pretty fucking hard to get away with murder, especially for a poor person.
>>
>>2969036
Define murder

Murder can be turned into a manslaughter

Also where's the rest
>>
>>2969085
Picture says homicide, manslaughter still counts as homicide.

>where's the rest
The rest of what?
>>
>>2969031
I fucking hate this argument, it's literally unfalsifiable logic. According to you I guess there's a cockload of white murderers who never get caught because cops are helping them hide the bodies or something. Now which is more likely?
>>
>>2969098
The rest of the study. I always get that specific screenshot but never a link
>>
>>2969107
>According to you I guess there's a cockload of white murderers who never get caught because cops are helping them hide the bodies or something.

No my argument is simply that the justice system is skewed in favour of whites

Excluding the fact that cops are more or less organized gang
>>
>>2969147
Whites are able to get away with victimless crimes like smoking weed, NOT with murder.

>cops are da reel criminulz argument
Really makes my cranium shatter.
>>
>1980 onwards

Co incides with the rise of Hip-Hop. Interesting.
>>
File: Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>2969154
You're right manslaughter isn't murder

>cops are da reel criminulz argument
Really Almonds my Milk considering you brought them up
>>
>>2969142
Im pretty /pol/ but that image the retard who's arguing against you is using is fake. The study doesnt exist
>>
All this shit aside, have you guys read that article about people falsely convicted of murder, people who actually definitely didn't commit the cringe and have been exonerated by hard evidence, yet who had actually been successfully convinced by law enforcement that they were guilty and continue to believe so after their acquittal?
>>
>>2963378
Any country you could be talking about (with a mostly white population) does not have anywhere near as strict laws about drug usage or possession as the U.S. Literally none of them.

You've failed to compare anything remotely analogous, simply ignored crucial variables (such as exploitable groups and government resources available to commit exploitation), and spouted mostly bullshit misinformation.

If I were to make the massive leaps in logic with little to no supporting evidence and a critical misunderstanding of causative interactions and reason itself, I'd take this opportunity to argue that racism makes a person stupid. For some reason, I get the feeling that you were either ignorant or plenty stupid all on your own before you started feeling this way.
>>
>>2969290
>Any country you could be talking about (with a mostly white population) does not have anywhere near as strict laws about drug usage or possession as the U.S. Literally none of them.
Not him, obviously, but it's a dumb equivalence either way. There aren't any first world countries that have drug problems anywhere near the level of the United States. Iirc, something like 80-90% of the cocaine produced globally ends up in the United States. It's actually one of the biggest criticisms from Latin American countries when the U.S. asks them to crack down on producers. Consequently, the U.S. tends to step on usage harder than any other country because of the problem. Granted, the coke epidemic isn't a big problem anymore (albeit lingering). It's mostly methamphetamine and opiates these days.
>>
File: backtopol.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
backtopol.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>2963378
go back to /pol/ you bluepilled retard
>>
>>2967243
>$35 million over 20 years
That's it? I would've expected more.
>>
>>2969549
I mean, it's $3.5 million per election cycle (7 per presidential cycle) which isn't anything to scoff at, but it's absolutely paltry compared to literally any other special interest group. Hardly evidence of some grand conspiracy like people in this thread are claiming.
>>
>>2969565
Private prisons only make up 8.5% of the prison population, or 133,000 prisoners. Does that really make such a huge difference in post-prison crime like people say?
>>
>>2969587
Doubtful. The reason I said it's not anything to scoff at is because campaign donations have a hard limit of $5000 per year per candidate for PACs (which is probably where the money is going). So $10 million over 20 years amounts to 2000 campaign donations. That's a pretty decent impact, all things considered. The lobbying is absolutely paltry, though. $25 million dollars over 20 years is fucking nothing in terms of lobbying. For example, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce spends four times that amount annually. That being said, I also doubt such companies really need to lobby all that much. Every candidate on the block wants to look tough on crime and the only ones who don't are those who are trying to get votes from certain communities that look down on it. It's just part of American culture desu.
>>
>>2969549
>>2969565
>>2969629
Well it looks like we've got to establish a precedent: is that a small amount or is our expectation of lobbying groups out of whack?

This was the combined expenditures of the top two private prison lobbies

We just have to find out where they focused, identify some other lobby groups you would expect to have high expenditures, then see how much the top two of each spend.

Who are some other lobbies you would consider big players, and who are some you would consider small fries?
>>
>>2969769
It's a pretty small amount according to this article by The Hill.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/318177-lobbyings-top-50-whos-spending-big

It'd probably fall somewhere in the top 100, but it's less than a 5th of what #50 spends. The big spenders seem to spend between several times or roughly the same amount annually as those two companies have over the last twenty years combined.
>>
File: hit the club with green lantern.jpg (137KB, 525x771px) Image search: [Google]
hit the club with green lantern.jpg
137KB, 525x771px
>>2963781
>hating on based Yeezy
>not in jail
>loved his mom
>worked hard for what he has
>Has good business sense

Black kids could do hell of a lot of worse than seeing Kanye as a role model.
>>
>>2963322
Because prison lobbies and money owning and operating prisons on lucrative government contracts while you intentionally let services such as water purity languish and nickel and dime the inmates and their families with jacked up rates to purchase telephone time etc. And it's really hard to look good defending convicted criminals as a politician, especially when up against some [presents-as] tough on crime hardliner.

Basically: because dirty dirty business practice.
>>
>>2965837
Completely agree with this -- has a hell of a lot less to do with history and a lot more to do with their culture.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.