[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus in Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: rome and jesus.jpg (71KB, 442x249px) Image search: [Google]
rome and jesus.jpg
71KB, 442x249px
Was Jesus a Roman?
What would it be like of Jesus was put into The Roman Legions?
>>
File: meme.jpg (61KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
61KB, 640x360px
>>2962461

It is said that when the Buddha was born it was that a fortune teller prophisized that he would either become a great emperor who would conquer and unite India; or a great holy man who would completely change the morality and destiny of mankind...

To answer your question- the Jews were expecting a material/warrior messiah. If Jesus had somehow ended up in the Legions, and in a position of power things could have been drastically different than how they turned out, given what the Jews at the time believed, what they expected of their Messiah, and what they expected as their destiny....

>What an interesting conjecture.....
>>
Jesus was not a Roman. This is made clear by his punishment of crucifixtion.
He is a Jewish resident of Judea, which is the territory of the Roman Empire, but he didn't have the citizenship. Pontius Pilate let the local community decide Christ' fate, something that wouldn't happen easily if he was a Roman. I believe Jews were exempt from military auxiliary service on account of the religious reasons, so Jesus in the legions is unlikely if he was a practicing jew
>>
File: 1490719742814.jpg (145KB, 416x544px) Image search: [Google]
1490719742814.jpg
145KB, 416x544px
>>2962523

Jesus, being remembered and worshiped, as God and the Son of God, for 2000 years in an area exceeding the totality of the Roman empire was something that would have been classified as "extremely unlikely" if you asked someone alive at the time.

So to sum up the op's original question- the answer is- he would either have been forgotten entirely, be a minor historical footnote, or have done the "extremely unlikely" in a completely different way and be remembered and worshiped for completely changing the course of human history in a completely different manner than in the way he did in our timeline.
>>
>>2962492
>>2962585
So what if he was a legionaire? What would the jews have done differently? I mean if he had killed someone in his lifetime it would of looked really bad while he preached about respect and giving the other cheek.
>>
>>2962680
Probably would have lead some kind of revolt.
If he lost he'd probably not be called a Messiah, if he won he'd likely be called one, but he might not die to to crucifixion and therefor not absolve the sins of man.
>>
>>2962720
That's assuming he told the people to do such a thing. But he told people the opossite.
I think a more likely scenario is that he would of had a lot of harsh criticism a lot earlier on, since he might have been seen as a hypocrite.
>>
>>2962461
>What would it be like of Jesus was put into The Roman Legions?
He would have turned water into Posca.
>>
>>2962680
well, it would defeat the whole "innocent lamb being sacrificed for our sins" bit; but he could still have become a great leader of peace and even the messiah. Just not an innocent one.
I would listen to a man talking about peace when he knows what war is and what humanities darker nature is about
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.