[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Human Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Mycenae lions gate.jpg (386KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mycenae lions gate.jpg
386KB, 800x600px
When did it start and what do we really know about it? Is the ice age really a good marker so to speak that you could say human civilization started when the ice age ended or is there more to it in a prehistoric sense?

Also, what do you make of things like the orion correlation theory and the impressive ways to follow and resemble the stars our ancestors created that somehow started almost simultaneously 10500 BC and the theory that it could be linked to an unknown prehistoric mythical civilization, something like atlantis?

Do you think there were other civilizations before our history (sumer, mesopotamia etc) that fell apart in prehistoric times after they reached their peak? Do you maybe even think we could be approaching a similar situation with our current society?

I became very interested in this whole matter by watching Jordan Petersons videos and just all these unimaginably complex stories and concepts that are packaged in the form of ancient gods like Marduk or in ancient literature like the Bible just struck me like a meteor

I'm excited to hear your ideas and opinions on all these things I'm sorry that this thread is a bit broader than specific
>>
File: DOGGER.jpg (221KB, 1015x1486px) Image search: [Google]
DOGGER.jpg
221KB, 1015x1486px
>>2961422
Well Op i am sure there were civilizations before but the rise in the levels on the ocean means their remains are probably underwater and damaged.
>>
>>2961522
>civilization
>in England of all place
Come on.
>>
File: ER LANNIC.jpg (217KB, 1090x891px) Image search: [Google]
ER LANNIC.jpg
217KB, 1090x891px
>>
>>2961531
Doggerland?
>>
>>2961535
Nvm i'm an idiot
>>
>>2961522
>>2961531
I think excavating Doggerland would be really interesting but I'm not sure to which degree there was any real civilization

I mean sure there were obviously tribes of humans who lived there and already had a sort of consciousness of themselves and of moral ideals because my interpretation of the stone circles is that they believed something like Gods but at that time I think the same was the case in the oriental cultures

But despite all that there is in my view a large difference between the ancient cultures of the middle east and western europe at that time for example concerning their tools and knowledge/mythology so I wouldn't think the doggerland culture had a special place in history as a precursor of these civilizations or something similar
>>
>>2961531
>a few standing stones
>civilozation
>>
>>2961422
Mehergarh civilisation (5500-3500)
Indus-Saraswati-Ganges valley civilisation (3300-1500BC)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.