[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

*blocks your path*
>>
>>2961349
HW was president less than 25 years ago so this is not history

btfo
>>
>>2961349
>"READ MY LIPS"
>>
>>2961359
>>2961359
Was that the "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" of the time?
>>
>>2961349

He was a good president. Not great, but definitely good. Shame about his kid.
>>
>>2961397
Strictly speaking, he kept his promise, but nobody wanted to debate the semantics of "new taxes" vs "existing taxes going higher".
>>
File: dukakis_tank_2_c.jpg (127KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
dukakis_tank_2_c.jpg
127KB, 1160x629px
*teleports behind you*
>>
File: Trumped-up economics.jpg (37KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Trumped-up economics.jpg
37KB, 284x177px
>>2961349
Make your family name into a laughing stock. Including nationally proclaiming that one of your sons could not protect the US from 9/11, nationally making your other son look like a beta cuck, and then getting a nephew of yours fired for some vulgar shit that I said.
>>
The Immigration Act of 1990 is infinitely more destructive than the Immigration Act of 1965. Created the H1-B visa, got rid of English requirements for immigrants and hispanic immigration really skyrocketed after it was signed.

Also Bush was the one who started up negotiations for NAFTA.

He deserves to be remembered among our shittiest presidents.
>>
>>2961487
>got rid of English requirements
What the fuck kind of idiots rule us?
>>
>>2961432
Was there anybody the dems could have run that could beat Bush in 1988?
Dukakis was such an awful candidate.
>>
>>2961427
>his Kid
Which one?

Each one is collosally worse than the last

>Simply George
>Kek Jeb
>Perverted Billy
And others
>>
>>2961487
What's wrong with NAFTA and H1-B visas?
>>
>>2961546
NAFTA skullfucked the industrial belt in midwestern America by outsourcing factories to Mexico, and H1B is driving down the wages of educated Americans by shipping in retarded streetshitters who will work for trinkets.
>>
>>2961546
Both destroyed manufacturing in the US
>>
>>2961546

t. Pajeet Ramaswami
>>
>>2961514
If you think W is a simp, you're delusional.
>>
>>2961514
Jeb isn't bad, he just got outmemed by the other guys.
>>
>>2961692
*blocks path*
*gives you a small turtle*
Slow and steady kid

*disappears (from the polls)*
>>
>>2961514

>Bush is dumb meme

>>>/2005/
>>
>>2961746
Bushisms are some of the best early 00s memes!

They're from a pure time where images didnt need to follow a formula to be passed around the office.
>>
>>2961509

Bush wasn't that strong of a candidate in theory (and Dukakis had a 20% poll lead after the DNC); he just had Lee Atwater (a very evil but very intelligent campaign manager) while Dukakis was unable to mount an effective response to the Bush attack campaign.

Of the candidates that ran I suspect Dick Gephardt would have had a good chance; the 80s farm crisis was why Dukakis did so well in the Upper Midwest and Plains states and a Midwestern populist/protectionist Democrat could have worked well there.

>>2961561

>H1B
>manufacturing
>>
>>2961552
Those indians are pretty smart though and not the only ones (plenty of central asians, east asians and eastern europeans too). The messed up part is how the tech industry exploits them. They are basically slaves.
>>
>>2961492

CIA
>>
>>2961813

Former IT recruiter says GTFO

Most education is either subpar and/or fabricated for the vast majority of Indians who work at below poverty levels. I mean $11 an hour coding in NYC that market rates at $75/hr
>>
>>2961758
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2961722
lol
>>
File: 411716.png (58KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
411716.png
58KB, 700x788px
>>2962361
>>
>>2961813
>Those indians are pretty smart though
They're not. They come from what amounts to shitty diploma mills and, at least from what I always see IT people bitching about, pretty much don't know what they're actually doing meaning the few competent individuals that haven't been replaced (yet) have to spend all their time cleaning up their messes.
>>
>>2962477
He's not wrong
>>
>>2961349
>*raises your taxes*
>>
>>2961438
man Trump's campaign really just blew up the Clinton and Bush dynasties in a fraction of the time it took to build them. how fucking fragile is the ruling class in the US, really?
>>
>>2962910
Good riddance. There should be no such thing as a political dynasty in a republic. If Jeb or Hillary or anyone else ran on their own merits that's a different story.
>>
>>2962477
wtf I love Senior now
>>
>>2961813
Indians are the shittiest coders on Earth. If we have to import some foreigners better import Russians since they can actually code, Indians are sloppy and borderline stupid.
>>
>>2962910
Pretty fragile since we shoudnt have a ruling class. The celebrity surrounding our powerful politicians is a bonus to them until it isnt. Public opinion is easily swayed.
>>
>>2961758
>>2962477

Well there went my respect for him, and I'm not even atheistic
>>
>>2962910
Doesn't matter. Once Trump is out of office, his kids will start getting into Politics and make the Trump dynasty. His daughter-Wife Ivanka is already his Assistant. TL DR is once the Bush and Clinton dynasties are out, they will simply get replaced by the Obama and Trump Dynasties.
>>
>>2964311
Trump's presidency has been a complete disaster though and there's a nonzero chance that he will be impeached
>>
>>2965697
Why is it a disaster? apart from envirmomental issues
>>
>>2965697
Why is it a disaster? apart from enviromental issues
>>
>>2965762
>laughingstock everywhere abroad
>can't even pass his shitty Trumpcare when GOP controls both houses of Congress
>Muslim ban has gotten BTFO time after time
>multiple staffers have been implicated in having secret convos with Russians and have had to resign as a result
>the son-in-law he hired in blatant nepotism is currently being investigated
>has done things that he roundly and publicly criticized Obama for, like playing golf every weekend and doing everything by executive order
>currently being investigated for obstruction of justice
>approval rate is 38% which is a disaster
>>
>>2965762
Trump Controls 2/3 sections of government's, all a man can, for all intents and purposes he's home free in passing anything he wants, as long as it's not deemed unconstitutional from the courts, as i understand America, and yet his healthcare plan directly contradict's thing's he said it would do, he's cooled off clinton (even citing James Coney's "unfair treatment" as a reason to fire him even though he applauded Comey's treatment of clinton during the campaign) Hasn't built the wall, hasn't seriously drained the swamp in any capacity, left the paris climate change agreement, which has no enforceable penalties, in order to develop the coal industry, has made multiple gaffes, including seemingly not understanding israel was in the middle east, and pissing off the pope.
>>
>>2961813
In that sense it's good, but once you start importing cheap mental labor your doing it at the cost of educational infrastructure in this country. If all the asians get the tech jobs and the american cannot, there'd be no incentive to teach computer science or whatever in universities because corporations here are basically "outsourcing" intellectual labor which is churned out in india and china where one's value is not high.
>>
>>2965849
cont.
in other words, you create a brain drain in your country, and your country becomes dependent on the intellectual labor of those outside your country. but like national security and the importance of national roads for the military, once the spigot of cheap intellectual labor gets turned off, because of rising standards in these third world countries or because the intellectual labor proceeds to take all of our trade secrets and experience to their own countries, there will be a huge intellectual disparity, larger than the one that already exists.
>>
>>2965858
when i used national security i meant is as an analogy in the sense that in times of war united states is better served by its own coordinated infrastructure and weapons industry rather than those of other countries.
>>
>>2965864
to add one more thing. it's also terrible for our economy if we don't have a substantial body of stem people for the economy's sake (through innovation, tech startups) and because the less people trained the less chance of finding talented individuals who can push the envelop, whereas in another timeline they're on a mexican sea glass board.
>>
>>2961514
Billy is his nephew
>>
>>2965770
-----> reddit
>>
>>2961355
>elected 1988
>29 years ago
>>
>>2965830
With the Gorsuch on the Supreme Court he controls all three...and still can't get shit done.

Also while 2020 might not be the Democrats year, 2024 surely will be. How many kids being fed a constant barrage of "Trump and Republicans are evil" on a day to day basis will be voting in 2024? Trump's kids are not going to be politically viable by then.
>>
>>2961546
Its bad for America but even worse for the average Mexican. Juan picking raspberries by hand can never hope to compete with his US counterpart.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.