[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding end goal is the hardest shit ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Soft Songs In Harmony!.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Soft Songs In Harmony!.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
The hardest shit in philosophy that I can't understand is finding the end goal to life. So what am I really looking at to achieve if I'll die anyways and everything about me will be forgotten no matter how much of an impact I have time will take my legacy from me. So it can't be having a legacy, can it be enjoying life the fullest? Help /his/.
>>
>babby's first existential crisis
Who cares? Not about your specific problem, because we all have that at some point. Actually, that's the answer to your question: "Who cares?"

Life is a game. Do you play games to reach the end, or do you play to entertain yourself?
>>
It's about the journey, man
>>
>>2959716
Thanks.
>>
1. There is no end goal
2. only losers who are afraid of death care about their 'legacy'. People even have kids because they're afraid of death.
3. you perpetually inhabit the present (which is in constant change), how could there be a 'end goal' to this flux? There is nothing overreaching in this constant change. you are thinking of your existence like a linear timeline, when in reality all you exist as is what you are presently experiencing. The present has no teleology

Just stop thinking of your existence as this timeline of your 'life'. you're thinking like "what's this whole thing for?" "what's the point of my entire life?" When there is no 'entire' thing. It simply doesn't exist. This whole 'my life' thing is nothing more than an idea you have in your mind of the way in which you exist - and it's wrong, and it's causing you suffering.
>>
>>2959703

Why would you eat an ice cream when said ice cream will be forgotten against the vastness of time? Answer: Because the moment when you're actually eating it are great. Life is for living, there is no deep mystery or purpose, it's literally all about the experience.
>>
File: 1474188356252.png (403KB, 599x715px) Image search: [Google]
1474188356252.png
403KB, 599x715px
>>2959868
>Answer: Because the moment when you're actually eating it are great.
this
for people saying that hedonism is relevant,
>life=what you feel+what you think+what you expect from your desires from what you feel and think
therefore,
>grade your desires
and
>non acting on your favorite desires = non life = death

hedonism is not an effective doctrine to be happy. Hedonists believe that you literally die if you ''do not think nor do feel''. They have faith that 'no moving' is death.

of course, doing the opposite brings you a better life:
>perpetual evanescence and lack of control of what you think and feel, therefore cannot be taken seriously (to be happy) => stay still towards what you think and feel.

Once you try to reach stillness, you are more equanimous and benevolent.
>>
>>2959703
Live in the moment, enjoy the beauty of life before it leaves....look there goes another moment fleeting. You know what I'm going to go outside it's a nice day now that I think about it. Who will join me?
>>
>>2959913
please try writing so that you actually make sense

">perpetual evanescence and lack of control of what you think and feel, therefore cannot be taken seriously (to be happy) => stay still towards what you think and feel."

The fuck are you trying to say? That you're a buddhist?
>>
>>2959919
>the beauty of life

This is what people tell themselves. It's a lie. Life isn't beautiful.

Your post might as well be "eat, pray, love".
>>
>>2959919
there has to be more than merely enjoying life
>>
>>2959703
The ultimate goal in life is to bring prosperity to humanity and doing it I've a way that you enjoy
>>
>>2960049
why would you want more?
>>
File: 1497578993331.jpg (601KB, 724x948px) Image search: [Google]
1497578993331.jpg
601KB, 724x948px
>>2959703
>in life there there needs to be more to life than life
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.