[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Christian God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (192KB, 1200x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1200x999px
Why does he have morals or a strict set of things hams must adhere to? Why does he care at all? Why would an omnipotent being for whom there's no effort involved make a convoluted plot about killing himself just so maybe some humans get to go to heaven when he could've just not done the physical universe, or made this universe last forever, and let humanity chill? The primary deterrent for me about Christianity is that their God seems incredibly petty or just not actually all powerful or all knowing. Because the religions plan about why God has things this way seems dumb not in a 4D chess way but in a 4-year-old made this way.
>>
24 When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,

“Cursed be Canaan!
The lowest of slaves
will he be to his brothers.”
>>
>>2958840
?
>>
>>2958861
>being this stupid
>>
29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
>>
>>2958864
>reply to questions with biblical quote without context
>call someone stupid for not seeing why
>>
>>2958871
None of these answer the questions
>>
25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--
>>
>>2958888
But and does sin matter to something that cannot conceivably be harmed?
>>
Morality is an absolute truth. It applies to God and Man Alike, but for man, it is doing the will of the Father.

God is both moral and just. Because He is Just, humans should pay for their crimes against him. However, due to his Love, he has sacrificed his Son in their place.

If you pay close attention to the message, you find an underlying idealistic brilliance.

I have a personal understanding of why God does what he does, but I will not go into that now.
>>
>>2959032
Wouldn't the concept of justice come from God, though?
>>
>>2958831
Reality is God's way of perfecting himself in the sphere of becoming/relativity.

The good isn't a set of chores you're given by God but God himself as he is realized in time.

Laws and social mores are nothing but a formalization of this abstract, universal Good. All descriptions and philosophizing about the Good are ultimately only secondary to its being lived.
>>
>>2960484
That's a decidedly nonchristian interpretation
>>
>>2960536
not really. god is love, and our only task on this earth is to love. everything else is just a way of getting there.

hell isn't the spanking you get for being bad, it's just cause and effect: do shitty things -> shitty mind, body, and soul. the kingdom of god is within you and all that (or not)
>>
>>2958831
If God is all-powerful, and Hell serves as a prison for Satan where he is tortured like any other damned soul, why is it that the Devil is capable of influencing the minds of men beyond Hell's boundaries?
>>
>>2958831
>impling your human brain could ever comprehend Allah
>>
>>2960906
>why is my headcanon of christianity is not coherent?
>>
File: drax the explainer.jpg (23KB, 360x343px) Image search: [Google]
drax the explainer.jpg
23KB, 360x343px
>>2958831
why is there something and not nothing?

motivation as we experience it is necessarily tied to the material word. the equivalent thing for god is not necessarily even understandable at all in our state of being. you don't know why there is something and not nothing and in the same way you also don't know the specifics.
>>
>>2960930
What part of that is headcanon?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.