[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1483369971865.jpg (50KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
1483369971865.jpg
50KB, 500x655px
I was playing a Total War game where Universities reduce public happiness because of "clamor to reform", E.g becoming smarter and realizing the issues with governance. Made me go off a tangent and wonder... If a western Democracy started to destroy Universities, what would happen? Would students rise up in an armed rebellion? Could it be successful in a coup attempt?

Sorry I know this is highly hypothetical but if people would comment their thoughts on possible reactions to this kind of action in real life?
>>
File: Church_School.png (45KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
Church_School.png
45KB, 255x170px
all you would need to do is replace the destroyed universities with churches and people would be happy again. problem solved
>>
Is that Artosis?
>>
>>2958515
>a western Democracy
who within this exactly would be doing that and how
>>
>>2958547
Suspend your disbelief for a moment and imagine that, for example, Trump had somehow successfully ordered the destruction of say, cal berkeley, because it was too liberal and was making the populance unhappy. I know that in reality that this could never happen but if it did in some simulation where we could control certain factors to see a result, what do you think the response from America would be?
>>
>>2958739
given that the majority of americans don't like social justice, probably elation

the media would blast him because that's what the media does
the fringe left ideologues would blast him because that's what they do
there'd be some riots in Berkeley (especially during the fucking Proud Boys victory tour)

Overall you'd probably see a movement for more completely privately funded colleges.
>>
>>2958739
the response would be "how did this happen? who did this?" because people are used to living in a world where everyone disagrees to every part of this scenario. they will then find the people who they thought would have disagreed with it but didn't and attempt to learn why the world wasn't the way they thought it was.
>>
>>2958739

The problem is that suspending disbelief doesn't grasp the complexity of what you're suggesting.

The deep state is mostly fucking geeks on a power trip. Major universities have endowments of billions of dollars. Their rich alumni have a web of connections that are as big as the network that the DoD has. The officers within the DoD could be construed as part of that alumni network if we want to be more realistic.

>becoming smarter and realizing the issues with governance.

That's an idealistic notion of a university. The university is simply where smart and/or politically connected men mingle. Being smart doesn't mean you're free from being a cocksucker for an ideology.

Ordering the destruction of Cal Berkeley is almost unthinkable. Only the most brazen of conspiracies would approach a suitable action to respond to. "The entire board of directors and the alumni network have been plotting an assassination against Mr. Trump"

American universities are far more likely to fall from some drastic shifts in economics than by military force.
>>
>>2959157
Okay then to make the situation more realistic imagine the Government or President subverting and indirectly forcing the closure of a school through soft power rather than military force, but then these actions were brought to light and it was undeniable that the President or Government had manipulated the situation to force the result.

What then
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.