[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the bathroom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How did people go-to the bathroom in ancient times? Did they use a kind of toilet paper or maybe some kind of animal first? Did some cultures have a room for it or did they just pop a squat outside? Did they walk around all day with dirty asses or was there something they did to clean themselves? Also tell me about the toilet and who first utilized it.
>>
They had toilets, they just didn't flush, a box with a hole in it, someone has to empty it.

They either used water or probably didn't wipe their ass.

Modern toilets with flushing are young, i think like 160 years rough, middle of the 19th century they start appearing.
>>
The Romans had xylospongium; sponges on sticks. They were used in public latrines.
>>
>>2957224

Romans and Carthaginians both built shitters that had running water. Some were communal for use by everyone, and others were actually in private homes.

Some had piss pots they pissed in and then dumped out in the morning.

Some places had communal shitters that were cleaned out on a regular basis.

Some just had outhouses on their property.

Most castles had shitters built along the wall and peasants would come and clean it up, and some were situated over a moat. There have been leaders killed in their castles while under siege because they took an arrow through the ass while taking a shit because they had intel given to them about what time he usually hit the shitter.

Afghani villagers have a designated shitting area for their village and pretty much piss wherever they want.
>>
The Indus Valley Civilization had a modern system of sewage disposal.

Note that the Indus Valley Civilization arose not in modern day India, but in Pakistan, as Indians are pathologically incapable of pooing in the loo.
>>
File: ancient toilet.jpg (45KB, 469x473px) Image search: [Google]
ancient toilet.jpg
45KB, 469x473px
>>2957224
The squatting toilet in China originated from the fact that the Imperial Chinese used to shit on top of a platform that deposited their waste into a tank.

Said tank is then carted off by shit-people who buried the waste in landfills to make fertilizer.

Later on they just put the tanks on pits in the ground so as not to build designated shitting towers.

Public shithouses in cities are basically two stories where people clamber to the second floor and shit into tanks in the lower floor. Then they became big warehouses where people just squatted on top of barrels put in the ground.

The wealthy had their tanks housed in ornate towers or booths to hide them from sight.
>>
>>2958611
interesting, an advanced and efficient way of doing it

Did they have fertilizer inspectors whose job it was to sniff and perhaps ingest some of the faeces to determine where it could be best utilized as fertilizer? I imagine different districts had different diets and compositions which varied with seasonal produce and you'd need someone for that. Due to the skill involved it would also be considered a high prestige job and they would have a respected status in society like that of a scholar or a priest, perhaps also being called to inspect the faeces of patients to help with a diagnosis.
>>
>>2958623
What the fuck dude
>>
>>2958623
It was carted off by the underclass of Chinese society, wtf.
>>
>>2958623
>indian historians.jpg
>>
>>2958623
Haha posting is the worst
>>
>>2958623
Lol how's it going Raj?
>>
>>2958790
Seems more like brap posting
>>
>>2957224
>bathroom
No bath
>>
>>2960017
Thats not the point beaner
>>
>>2957224
Why would a society use toilets if they didn't have pants/trousers, a rarity before the 19th century and European dress norms filtering down to the rest of the world?

Have a robe, or a tunic? Just raise it, drop your turd, and go about your business.
>>
I hear Hitler used to poo in his pants, but that's an allegation
>>
>>2960180
>Hitler used to poo in his pants
Allegedly alleged
>>
>>2958583
>There have been leaders killed in their castles while under siege because they took an arrow through the ass

my sides

got any examples?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.