[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holodomor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: holodomor.jpg (127KB, 420x394px) Image search: [Google]
holodomor.jpg
127KB, 420x394px
So, was it genocide? Will we ever know for sure how many lives were lost?
>>
File: holodomor.png (138KB, 2200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
holodomor.png
138KB, 2200x1700px
I'm sorry, pic related is a better image. Also, this:

> "Survival was a moral as well as a physical struggle. A woman doctor wrote to a friend in June 1933 that she had not yet become a cannibal, but was "not sure that I shall not be one by the time my letter reaches you." The good people died first. Those who refused to steal or to prostitute themselves died. Those who gave food to others died. Those who refused to eat corpses died. Those who refused to kill their fellow man died. Parents who resisted cannibalism died before their children did."
>>
>>2952407
>So, was it genocide?
Yes, Ukrainians were singled out for annihilation. inb4 "Ukrainians are Russians"

>Will we ever know for sure how many lives were lost?

No, because the Soviet records are sketchy. They intentionally delayed the census of 1936 because of the Holodomor, for example.
>>
>>2952407
Many lives were lost but it was a famine not a genocide. Also the Ukranian kulaks were uncooperative and were acting with profit-driven motives, so they were punished accordingly.
>>
>So, was it genocide?
No

Zero: Absolutely Zero lives were lost to this imaginary genocide invented by the Canadians.
>>
>>2952441
Solzhenitsin, pls.
>>
>>2952415
>Yes, Ukrainians were singled out for annihilation
No. Kazakhs suffered similar fate. I still think it should be considered a genocide.

No. It's virtually impossible to estimate how many people died because of starvation.
>>
File: ukrop (2).jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ukrop (2).jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>2952407
>So, was it genocide?
No, genocide isnt killing 1/4 of some nationality and letting the rest live while killing milions of Russian and Kazachs in progress.
>>
>>2952440
Leddit detected
>>
>>2952440

An engineered famine IS a genocide.
>profit motive
Yeah FUCK those cunts for wanting some return for their work! They should be happy to give away everything they own for a cause they don't believe in!
>>
>>2952498
>>2952415

It was partly targeted by class, and partly revenge against the Ukrainians for not supporting the Bolsheviks in the Civil War.
>>
>>2952441
>invented by the Canadians.
what?
>>
>>2952608
The holod'd hohols were replaced by Russian settlers, creating the Russian in Kharkov and Don basin that is causing trouble for Ukrainian state today and Kuban was cleansed of Ukies entirely in a few decades.

Even though I don't believe genocide was the intention, it effectively acted as one.
>>
>>2952441
Finally, someone being honest on this topic.
>>
>>2952630
>implying
These areas were sparsely populated mostly because they were on the way of seasonal Tatars raids.
They were colonized by Russians after Russia wrestle control of these areas from Tatars.
Similar areas of the 'Wild lands/fields' were also present in neighboring PLC that also suffer from Tatar slave raids.
>>
>>2952407
Famine happened troughout the Commie lands, not just Ukraine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.